THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Bradywasking »

It's May Day...judgement time Arsene..

augie

Post by augie »

Of course there are occasions when people see what they want to see, but I have to say that I don't see anything in his demeanor that suggests that he is intent on staying - that is not me saying that he will go, but I am wondering if the board are gone past offering him a new deal and are now begging him to stay when he might not want to :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Btw on a nice little note to start this bank holiday Monday, psg got their arses handed to them by nice yesterday, and mr uni emery (no relation to dick emery :wink: ) could be packing his bags as we speak 8)

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

xisstential wrote:Excellent input from Stewart Robson on Talksport now saying he wrote an article in 2008 questioning Wengers ability to rebuild a squad....and of course he's standing by what he wrote.

Said that Ali should never have been allowed to get to that ball first yesterday and there is no hunger or desire in our side and WENGER is to blame for that. He NEVER questions his players after defeats but comes up with any and every excuse under the sun. EVERYTHING but his players. Also said he thinks Wenger will be there next season as we have left it too late to find a replacement. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Of course we haven't left it too late to get someone else in. it's 1 May and the season doesn't start for three and a half months! If necessary, get a caretaker in. The priority is to get Wenger out so that the club can stop stagnating.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

5 years ago Liverpool sacked a club legend, after winning a trophy and finishing runners up in another final. However they failed to qualify for the Champions League. That man was of course Kenny Dalglish.

If we lost the cup final and finished outside he top four as is very likely, will this also huge club have the gonads to sack a legend of their own in the name of progress? I think we all know the answer! Get ready for 2 more years!

Babu

Post by Babu »

augie wrote:Btw on a nice little note to start this bank holiday Monday, psg got their arses handed to them by nice yesterday, and mr uni emery (no relation to dick emery :wink: ) could be packing his bags as we speak 8)
The Nice manager is Lucien Favre, who once managed my team here, FC Zurich

The football that FCZ played in that time was out of this world.
He led us to the Championship in 2006, in an away game at Basel that was just as exciting as the Anfield '89 game.
Exactly the same scenario...have to go away to the Leaders and win in the last game of the season!
Winning goal in the last minute away at the biggest team at the time in the land, after 25 years without a league title!
Pure Roy of the Rovers stuff.

I always hoped that he would one day manage The Arsenal. Still hoping, but...there doesn't seem to be a vacancy...yet...

Babu

Post by Babu »

Kvltman wrote: If we lost the cup final and finished outside he top four as is very likely, will this also huge club have the gonads to sack a legend of their own in the name of progress? I think we all know the answer! Get ready for 2 more years!
2 more years?
It might even be THREE more years.
According to who?!?

Only Club Legend Robert Pires...

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/footbal ... 26153.html
Robert Pires wrote: but Arsene is 100% the right man for the job. I want Arsene to extend his contract for two or three more seasons,

But a bit of good news... :barscarf: :barscarf: even after Wenger said we won't be buying Kylian Mbappé because he's already been priced out of our grasp by saying that he is already in the
Wenger wrote: category of clubs who perhaps have more financial potential than us.
Robert Pires says that we will be signing him! 100% definitely*. Hurra!
Robert Pires wrote:I do think Arsenal will sign him. Mbappe has the potential to play for Arsenal and Wenger is the right manager to manage him. Monaco and Arsenal are very similar in clubs, so it won’t be much of a transition.

*obviously NOT 100% definitely, just to make it clear!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

From the very little we saw of him Lucus Perez played well and looked dangerous. As for Xhaka he looks a complete waste of 35 Million and that's a lot of money. Mustafi also looks a waste of 35 Million we have hardly been rock solid.
God knows why Perez was frozen out and Giroud is our front man.
Even with a huge spending spree Wenger will not improve this team because we have too many poor players on big wages.
We can't defend and we can't attack either with the mighty Giroud all alone versus 4 defenders. Our new system lasted 3 games but we were so poor yesterday we deserved nothing from the game. On a positive football note the Champions League semis should be very enjoyable to watch as all 4 are very good footballing sides.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Kvltman wrote:5 years ago Liverpool sacked a club legend, after winning a trophy and finishing runners up in another final. However they failed to qualify for the Champions League. That man was of course Kenny Dalglish.

If we lost the cup final and finished outside he top four as is very likely, will this also huge club have the gonads to sack a legend of their own in the name of progress? I think we all know the answer! Get ready for 2 more years!
This is what we have heard. The club HAS NOT made a decision, the contract has NOT been signed and that they are waiting until the end of the season and the agreement between Wenger & the club will be mutual. I think they are waiting to see if we make Top 4, the "mutual" part will probably be,if we don't make Top 4, "Please leave, we don't want to have to fire you".

The club cannot be blind to the protests, if they missed Friday night they must be in a coma somewhere. Wenger is under siege, we cannot let up now. Protests before Man.U and Everton, then blow out whatever finances are left on something big. The more money we have, the bigger the bang we can make.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Stewart Robson...

THFC is Nr. 1 now in N. London...

1) they've got the better team
2) they've got the better manager
3) they play the better football
4) they're more organised
5) they've got the better players

out-played, out-run, out-thought...tactically and physically

He's a very good nutritionist, apparently... a very good sport scientist, but now he needs help on the coaching field.
phpBB [video]

He was saying it in 2008, like many of us here.

Oh, and I think it's Dean Saunders at the end, saying we should sign John Terry. What a *word censored*! both of them.

cameron326

Two more years of Wenger vs Victory at Wembley

Post by cameron326 »

Personally, I don't think the outcome at Wembley will play much part, if any, on what happens at the end of the season. Participation in the CL is surely far more important than the FA Cup to any board.
But IF a win meant 2 more years of Wenger, while a defeat (and Chelsea double) meant a next day Wenger resignation, which would you choose?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
xisstential wrote:Excellent input from Stewart Robson on Talksport now saying he wrote an article in 2008 questioning Wengers ability to rebuild a squad....and of course he's standing by what he wrote.

Said that Ali should never have been allowed to get to that ball first yesterday and there is no hunger or desire in our side and WENGER is to blame for that. He NEVER questions his players after defeats but comes up with any and every excuse under the sun. EVERYTHING but his players. Also said he thinks Wenger will be there next season as we have left it too late to find a replacement. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
He was saying that nine years ago and all the little AKB *word censored* and the luvvies in the press had a go at him and laughed at him. If they have left it too late, it's because they have deliberately left it too late so they can use it as an excuse when he's still here next season with another shit squad full of shit players and huge gaping unfilled holes.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Perryashburtongroves wrote: He was saying that nine years ago
Doesn't time fly?

3 More Years! It'll be over before we know it! :banghead:

Babu

Post by Babu »

ESPN analysis of the NLD...

A 15 minute video, just listen to the first 16 seconds...all you need...

phpBB [video]

Spurs are better than Arsenal. Arsenal are dreadful and they need to get rid of Wenger

augie

Re: Two more years of Wenger vs Victory at Wembley

Post by augie »

Was gonna say that the last thing I would want is to see pikey terry lifting the cup for those chav b**tards at wembley, but the reality is that nightmare is only the 2nd last thing that I would want to see. The last thing I would want to see is a power hungry, arrogant, outdated senile old French c.unt remain as manager for even one day past his current contract :evil: :evil: It is with that in mind that I am sadly hoping that we get an absolute hammering in front of a worldwide audience watching wenker flap his arms and rant at steve bould who clearly isn't even listening to him anymore :roll: :oops: :oops:
It might be a sad decision for any Gooner, but it's an absolute no brainer for me :cry: :cry: :cry: