THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think every Arsenal fan is now saying what was the point in moving to the Emirates. We had a much better team at Highbury and all the reasons we moved in the first place have been forgotten.
If your club is making money then it has to go on good players. We only spent 7 million in both windows because we sold players.
Mustafi and Xhaka are terrible signings and Lacazette is not looking too good either. Maybe a new manager can improve performance but this a very poor Arsenal team. Worse one under Wenger and it's been bad for a while.

augie

Post by augie »

I think that a xxxx xxxx xxx is nothing less than this c.unt deserves - he is inflicting a similar scenario on us, so surely what goes around comes around ? :rubchin:

Edited by DB10. Seriously augie get a grip.

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 am
I think every Arsenal fan is now saying what was the point in moving to the Emirates. We had a much better team at Highbury and all the reasons we moved in the first place have been forgotten.
If your club is making money then it has to go on good players. We only spent 7 million in both windows because we sold players.
Mustafi and Xhaka are terrible signings and Lacazette is not looking too good either. Maybe a new manager can improve performance but this a very poor Arsenal team. Worse one under Wenger and it's been bad for a while.
We do have some good players but it is obvious that Wenger is not getting anywhere near the best out of them. What really sums it up for me is that a few years ago we bought Ozil and then followed it up the next year with Alexis, yet we didn't actually improve. It is the same thing now, we could buy Messi and Ronaldo and we still wouldn't be any better.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 am
I think that a xxxx xxxx xxxx is nothing less than this c.unt deserves - he is inflicting a similar scenario on us, so surely what goes around comes around ? :rubchin:

I would rather Wenger was sacked now to be honest
If he is going to go in the summer then why wait until then? HE SHOULD GO NOW

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 am
Maybe thats how is keeping his job the owner is happy as long as we are turning a profit.The fans have been mugged off for years and I went to my last match in 2013 and honestly the last few years it was about catching up with mates more than anything he should of gone after the 8-2 defeat let alone 6-0 at the Bridge or last year 10-2 against Bayern.

It is beyond painful and however bad we are I honestly think a new manager would get far more out of the current squad than Wenger does.

Just the longer this goes on the harder it will be for the new man coming in it will take serious investment for us to compete and I can't think of any USA owners that have invested heavily in English teams.

Villa,Sunderland especially.

Utd if they had of been bought by City's owners or even RA at Chelsea would have been as dominant as they were in Ferguson's reign the Glazers have taken money out of the club.

We have been going backwards for years and the laughable excuses of the manager especially against officials is as embarrassing as the performances.

Should of gone years ago,be careful what you wish for :roll:

markyp

Post by markyp »

ive said it before and I will say it again the squad aint that bad,its wenger that is the problem,the wenger of the glory years in gone,even the likes of the invincibles would struggle under wenger now,football has caught up and over taken him,we are left in the early noughties,you only have to look at seasons 04-05 and 05-06 to see the decline was well underway already and that was with the core of the invincibles still playing,we hasve a more than capapble squad who this season could easily be second to city,the best of the rest if you like which with kreonke in charge is probably the best we can hope for,we have ozil and aubameyang ffs those two alone are coveted players in europe

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We won't get 4th, that's obvious. Europa is as likely as 4th place considering how inconsistent and awful we are especially away from home. If there is ANY consideration of getting rid at the end of the season, just do it now instead. Get Ancelotti in for a couple of months to get to know the squad and let him sort it out during the summer and start afresh next year.
I know they won't get rid of Wonga really but getting rid now is really the common sense move. Having said all this, I do wonder if Kranky Jnr is here to discuss a new contract with Wonga, to avoid the 'distraction' again next season......surely not??!! :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ment:Sport

another humiliation on Thursday and I reckon he could go at the end of this season

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:00 pm
We won't get 4th, that's obvious. Europa is as likely as 4th place considering how inconsistent and awful we are especially away from home. If there is ANY consideration of getting rid at the end of the season, just do it now instead. Get Ancelotti in for a couple of months to get to know the squad and let him sort it out during the summer and start afresh next year.
I know they won't get rid of Wonga really but getting rid now is really the common sense move. Having said all this, I do wonder if Kranky Jnr is here to discuss a new contract with Wonga, to avoid the 'distraction' again next season......surely not??!! :shock:

I also worry about the rumours linking henry (again) with the job - it is well accepted that kroenke jnr is a fan of henry's, and his "effort" at distancing himself from the rumours of him replacing wenker, were as poor as the efforts of the players yesterday :roll: :oops:
Whoever comes in next is facing a massive mess to sort out, so giving that job to a total rookie would be sheer lunacy, and that is why I am expecting this board to give the job to henry :roll: :evil:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ladbrokes have slashed their odds of the 68-year-old being axed before the start of next season to just 5/6.

The bookmakers' spokesperson Alex Apati said: "It won't be long before the Wenger Out banners are back on display at the Emirates.

"And the latest odds suggest the board may finally take action."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

On 5Live at the moment Wenger being discussed and not in very flattering terms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/5live

Apparently there is a HUGE and Insurmountable divide between wenger and Gazidis & co - But apparently wenger phones Kreonke daily. :?

Wrighty just said the rot goes from root to leaf right the way through the club - even the youngsters in the academy have given up.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I can't wait to see Wenger gone. Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wenger's a C.U.N.T

Midz

Post by Midz »

They're all rotten to the core, the board the management etc etc but the only one who can make any difference to what happens on the pitch is the manager. So if Wenger went/goes the rest will still be *word censored* and rotten but whoever comes in short or long term will start to immediately make a difference. And that's what we all want to see.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 am
I think that a xxxx xxxx xxx is nothing less than this c.unt deserves - he is inflicting a similar scenario on us, so surely what goes around comes around ? :rubchin:

Ooooh Can we have a "guess the missing words" competition please please please please