THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:22 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:19 pm
We're in Europe. We play twice a week. Get over it.
Football should be 3 PM on a Saturday, Euro games midweek Weds- KO only like the old days, none of this bs group stage sh1te (Zzzz).

Football is becoming a real joke but as long as they love it in China, India, USA....

:banghead:
The VERY old days. :D
You realise that if football was only ever 3pm on Saturday only those in the ground would be able to watch it live....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm

The VERY old days. :D
You realise that if football was only ever 3pm on Saturday only those in the ground would be able to watch it live....
Not really, that is more down to the TV companies and their f*cking schedules, yes in the old days it was generally the case it was only for those in the ground but there is nothing stopping it being broadcast at 3PM on Saturday, people would still go to the games as watching it on TV is not the same, it is all about the overseas fans and fitting into their timezones I guess so the broadcasters can ca$h in, not having a go at the fans (abroad) but since the 'globalisation' of football it is a bit of a sh*tshow all round.

General

Post by General »

3pm games or any game between 2.45 and 5.15 cannot be broadcast live in England. There's a longstanding rule against it. Doing so will undoubtedly kill attendance.

General

Post by General »

The same manager who brought Petit, Vieira, Edu and Cesc somehow wants us to believe that Ramsey is great. No player has flattered to deceive more in the past 10years than this clown. And people easily forget that like Walnut, he's been at the club for nearly a decade yet still plays like a youth player.

As for the game itself, we struggled to create clear cut chances and it's obvious to see why. The midfield is toast. Plenty tippy tappy passes but zero cutting edge.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:33 am
The same manager who brought Petit, Vieira, Edu and Cesc somehow wants us to believe that Ramsey is great. No player has flattered to deceive more in the past 10years than this clown. And people easily forget that like Walnut, he's been at the club for nearly a decade yet still plays like a youth player.

As for the game itself, we struggled to create clear cut chances and it's obvious to see why. The midfield is toast. Plenty tippy tappy passes but zero cutting edge.
And against decent sides you do not get the time to dawdle on the ball & piss about...you get shut down fast and they break fast...that is why we will always struggle.

Pep wins 5 - 0 at the weekend and demands more from his players, Wenger wins 1 or 2 nil against another bog standard team and praises every player to the rafters.

I wish we were playing one of the Manc sides this weekend...that would put this "unbeaten run" shit to bed. And roll out the "no need to go overboard, it's just one loss"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've long believed in Wenger's Deal with The Devil and part of that deal is his luck with fixtures. If we had a run of games like manure, citeh, chav, scum and mousers we'd see a far more accurate demonstration of where we are as a team. But every single time we get a shellacking from one of the other so called "top 6" teams, Wenger either gets a couple of shit teams to beat easlily or an Interlull break and the media and AKB can shite out of them about "just one loss" and "unbeaten run" and "perspective" and "best man for the job". :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

General wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:05 am
3pm games or any game between 2.45 and 5.15 cannot be broadcast live in England. There's a longstanding rule against it. Doing so will undoubtedly kill attendance.
Give it time and wenger will do the same eventually, when the AKB's wake up from their coma's that is.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:59 am
General wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:05 am
Give it time and wenger will do the same eventually, when the AKB's wake up from their coma's that is.
Haha yeah, from about 3 years back the official police figures for the average attendance of actual people who turned up was something like 54,500 and that was before the "hostile environment" really kicked in, these days I doubt we get much over 50,000, those who rent out or tx games they don't want to attend must be getting annoyed.. :roll:

That rule is dated, it sounds a bit like the silly daylight saving rule that no one bothers to change but everyone whinges about how dark it gets early in the evening come next month!.

General

Post by General »

I got talking to some young students yesterday through some charity work and the conversation turned to football. Naturally they asked me what I team I support and when I mentioned the Arsenal they burst out laughing and said we've become an 'embarrassment'. One of them mentioned how we lost 6-0 to Chelsea and we're a team on the decline. Calling us an 'embarrassment' for me is telling because it is exactly what we've become under Wenger.

In the immediate few years post-Highbury we were seen as the underdog always mixing it with the big boys and whilst I hated this tag it's nothing compared to the image Wenger has cultivated since. You can bet your money there will be another embarrassing result before the end of the season to remind the casual observers exactly what we've become. Opposition teams come to Cashburton and play with no fear because they know they have a strong chance of getting something out of the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 am
I got talking to some young students yesterday through some charity work and the conversation turned to football. Naturally they asked me what I team I support and when I mentioned the Arsenal they burst out laughing and said we've become an 'embarrassment'. One of them mentioned how we lost 6-0 to Chelsea and we're a team on the decline. Calling us an 'embarrassment' for me is telling because it is exactly what we've become under Wenger.

In the immediate few years post-Highbury we were seen as the underdog always mixing it with the big boys and whilst I hated this tag it's nothing compared to the image Wenger has cultivated since. You can bet your money there will be another embarrassing result before the end of the season to remind the casual observers exactly what we've become. Opposition teams come to Cashburton and play with no fear because they know they have a strong chance of getting something out of the game.
They were students. Their opinion matters for absolutely fuck all in the real world. Tell the cúnts to have a wash and get a job. :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Has Wenger mentioned any connection with Kane yet??? Whenever a player captures the headlines, Wenger does like to hitch his wagon. Cannot have somebody being a huge success without Wenger claiming to have known about him, seen him at the start of his career, predicted he would become a success, wanted to sign him (the board got in his way).......... just wondering??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 am
Has Wenger mentioned any connection with Kane yet??? Whenever a player captures the headlines, Wenger does like to hitch his wagon. Cannot have somebody being a huge success without Wenger claiming to have known about him, seen him at the start of his career, predicted he would become a success, wanted to sign him (the board got in his way).......... just wondering??
Give it time....

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 am
General wrote:

They were students. Their opinion matters for absolutely fuck all in the real world. Tell the cúnts to have a wash and get a job. :roll:
:lol: Actually I forgot to say one of them reminded me of you. About 4'2" and after body parts he can't reach :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 am
General wrote:

:lol: Actually I forgot to say one of them reminded me of you. About 4'2" and after body parts he can't reach :wink:
You had to look up at him huh? :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »