THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 am
Has Wenger mentioned any connection with Kane yet??? Whenever a player captures the headlines, Wenger does like to hitch his wagon. Cannot have somebody being a huge success without Wenger claiming to have known about him, seen him at the start of his career, predicted he would become a success, wanted to sign him (the board got in his way).......... just wondering??
Not sure he can claim any without looking a complete *word censored* seeing as Kane was on our books as a youngster and we let him go.

Another from Wenger's amazing eye for talent.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

NickF wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 am
Has Wenger mentioned any connection with Kane yet??? Whenever a player captures the headlines, Wenger does like to hitch his wagon. Cannot have somebody being a huge success without Wenger claiming to have known about him, seen him at the start of his career, predicted he would become a success, wanted to sign him (the board got in his way).......... just wondering??
Not sure he can claim any without looking a complete *word censored* seeing as Kane was on our books as a youngster and we let him go.

Another from Wenger's amazing eye for talent.
"I almost signed him to lick my windows clean"

Clash

Post by Clash »

Around 2 or 3 years ago we lost a 3-0 lead in a game at home to Anderlecht. Despite his obvious frustration, Wenger was still gracious enough to share his knowledge and foresight about the opposition after the game. ''People do not realise yet how good this Anderlecht team are'', he said wisely. Tonight Anderlecht lost 3-0 at home to a team from Scotland :roll: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:00 pm
Around 2 or 3 years ago we lost a 3-0 lead in a game at home to Anderlecht. Despite his obvious frustration, Wenger was still gracious enough to share his knowledge and foresight about the opposition after the game. ''People do not realise yet how good this Anderlecht team are'', he said wisely. Tonight Anderlecht lost 3-0 at home to a team from Scotland :roll: :D
Aaaah yes! But, that was special circumstances.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 am
https://youtu.be/zg-hC7P3dIg

WENGER OUT!!
That's effing BRILLIANT! :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 pm
xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 am
https://youtu.be/zg-hC7P3dIg

WENGER OUT!!
That's effing BRILLIANT! :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It was brilliant :D

Unfortunately the people who made it really spoilt it at the end as shown by the message at the end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUN1rkCiWFY
Disclaimer:

We're genuinely MASSIVE Arsenal Wenger fans.

We were asked to join in on the topical trend by a good customer as a bit of harmless fun.

We truly <3 you Arsenal, good luck today! X
:banghead:

OneBardGooner

Re: WENGER RE-SIGNS!!!

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wonder if the cunnt is dead yet?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From Arseblog....

Stan Kroenke has made a bid to purchase Alisher Usmanov’s shareholding in Arsenal, an offer which is currently under consideration by the Russian business magnate.

Back in May the Financial Times reported that Alisher Usmanov had made a bid to purchase Stan Kroenke’s shareholding in Arsenal.

The billionaire, who currently holds a 30.04% stake, tabled a £1.3bn offer which the American rejected, reaffirming his desire to maintain his own 67% shareholding.

Now, Arseblog News understands that Kroenke has turned the tables, and approached Usmanov two weeks ago with a bid to purchase his shares, a move which would give him more than 97% of the shares in the club.

General

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:17 pm
From Arseblog....

Stan Kroenke has made a bid to purchase Alisher Usmanov’s shareholding in Arsenal, an offer which is currently under consideration by the Russian business magnate.

Back in May the Financial Times reported that Alisher Usmanov had made a bid to purchase Stan Kroenke’s shareholding in Arsenal.

The billionaire, who currently holds a 30.04% stake, tabled a £1.3bn offer which the American rejected, reaffirming his desire to maintain his own 67% shareholding.

Now, Arseblog News understands that Kroenke has turned the tables, and approached Usmanov two weeks ago with a bid to purchase his shares, a move which would give him more than 97% of the shares in the club.
I'm not sure how true this is because Kroenke is busy funding major vanity schemes in America. Usmanov doesn't need the money but he might be tempted by the chance to team up with his mate at Everton and have real influence who knows. This club is fast heading into the abyss.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
From Arseblog....

If that happens I'm done with the club full stop, Usmanov is our last vestige of hope to prevent a slow death that Kroenke will certainly inflict upon the club if he gains full control, he is doing a good job of killing it with 67% so with 97% it will be a lost cause.

It's weird though, in a way it might be a relief, as they say it is the hope that kills you, if Kroenke gains control at least I can let go and just say "fuck it, Arsenal is done" and move on and try to forget about football as part of my past.

:?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 pm
Redarmy wrote:
From Arseblog....

If that happens I'm done with the club full stop, Usmanov is our last vestige of hope to prevent a slow death that Kroenke will certainly inflict upon the club if he gains full control, he is doing a good job of killing it with 67% so with 97% it will be a lost cause.

It's weird though, in a way it might be a relief, as they say it is the hope that kills you, if Kroenke gains control at least I can let go and just say "fuck it, Arsenal is done" and move on and try to forget about football as part of my past.

I'm halfway there already. I've numbed the feeling I have towards Arsenal because it was too painful to continue.

If this story is true and it happens then it will be the end of Arsenal for me.

To be honest I've fallen out of love with football altogether because of the way it is now

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 pm
Redarmy wrote:
From Arseblog....

THe shit thing is, the idiotic fans who have allowed this to happen will just go off and support spurs or chelsea if we slip completely into the abyss and die hard fans like us will be the only one's left lamenting what we had.

I sound like a spoiled child now but there is no other way to say this........

IT IS SO FUCKING UNFAIR!!

FUCK YOU ARSENE & FUCK YOU STAN!!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 am
When I was a kid (70s and 80s) my Dad used to tease me and call us Lucky Arsenal. I used to argue with him saying "No we're not . . . "

But these cup draws we're getting are freakish. I can't recall a team ever getting so many spawny home ties. Two non league teams at home in Rounds 5 & 6 - when did that ever happen????

Wenger's pact with the Devil must be working!!
No more freakish than being drawn against either Bayern or Barca year in year out in the cl :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:08 am
When I was a kid (70s and 80s) my Dad used to tease me and call us Lucky Arsenal. I used to argue with him saying "No we're not . . . "

But these cup draws we're getting are freakish. I can't recall a team ever getting so many spawny home ties. Two non league teams at home in Rounds 5 & 6 - when did that ever happen????

No more freakish than being drawn against either Bayern or Barca year in year out in the cl :rubchin:
Thats not freakish, its the way the CL competition is set up. Seedings and not allowing teams to play other teams from the same country until the QF means there will always be repeat ties. The FA Cup is more random ... and that's why we can win that one :rubchin: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clash wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:09 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:08 am

Thats not freakish, its the way the CL competition is set up. Seedings and not allowing teams to play other teams from the same country until the QF means there will always be repeat ties. The FA Cup is more random ... and that's why we can win that one :rubchin: :wink:
No it's still freakish to draw 2 sides from it sometimes whether we came first or second in out group.

Surely getting teams from lower leagues in the early stages of domestic cups is odds on just from sheer numbers, no :rubchin: