THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:05 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 am
Right here we go for another season...

Charity shield on Sunday then Leicester on Friday....hate to always criticise but we look totally unprepared

the signings we need to strengthen the team have not been made, he is now reported to be offering an improved offer for Lemar

Is Lemar worth that money £60/80 million....i am not convinced

Do we need him if Sanchez stays??

Have we really got Cech in goal again all season, where is Santis replacement, and is he really thinking of playing Elneny at CB...??

Why has the deadwood not been shipped out??

Liverpool will be stronger this year, we will not finish above City, Chavs and United

I am thinking 5th or 6th position finish, just my opinion.......
I think most logical unbiased gooners will agree 5th/6th is about right, where is this "catalyst for change" Ivan???. :blah:

Chelsea overall are about the same strength with the in and out transfers, City I would say are slightly stronger, United will likely be stronger, Liverpool will likely be a little better and if we keep Sanchez we will be a little stronger as well, though I think people forget that Lacazette is not a £50M player in reality like Sanchez and Ozil were/are, he will improve us but not hugely.

Spurs are the unknown as they have done nothing in the market (yet) and will be playing at Wembley, they could possibly slip quite a lot this season but even then we still have 4 clubs that are arguably stronger than us and certainly have a better manager.

I am not convinced about our strength in midfield just because Xhaka/Ramsey seemed to work for 10 games at the end of last season, we know Cazorla will miss most of the season and I can't seeing mediocre players like Elneny or Coquelin starting, Lemar is fine but we need someone else as well.
Don't dismiss Everton either...if not this season, then certainly next.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the cuntslop brownbread yet? :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From todays Telegraph......

The reality though is somewhat different, and Arsenal's squad has become a bloated mess, filled with players who are no longer in Wenger's plans but who are on lucrative contracts and have no desire to leave.

Carl Jenkinson, Mathieu Debuchy, Kieran Gibbs are all surplus to requirements, while Calum Chambers and Francis Coquelin are among those who have shown themselves to be well short of title-winning quality. Yet still they remain.....

Another issue not addressed by Wenger...so many mistakes, it is unreal, meanwhile he is having his say on the Neymar transfer...LOL its too ridiculous for words...and the fucker get nearly £9 MILLION a year for this???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:56 am

The reality though is somewhat different, and Arsenal's squad has become a bloated mess, filled with players who are no longer in Wenger's plans but who are on lucrative contracts and have no desire to leave.

Carl Jenkinson, Mathieu Debuchy, Kieran Gibbs are all surplus to requirements, while Calum Chambers and Francis Coquelin are among those who have shown themselves to be well short of title-winning quality. Yet still they remain.....

Another issue not addressed by Wenger...so many mistakes, it is unreal, meanwhile he is having his say on the Neymar transfer...LOL its too ridiculous for words...and the fucker get nearly £9 MILLION a year for this???
He MUST have a series of photos of a drunken media orgy where they were all cock deep in each other's shitpipes - it can be the ONLY explanation for why they never bring him to book on the stupid and insideous shit he spouts off. Obviously Jacqui Oatley was not at said orgy. :oops: :roll:

Oh, and let's be clear about one thing here too, Jacqui Oatley is not quite the "hero" that stood up and brought Wenger to book, and was then hard done by with a ban from Arsenal pressers, that she like to pretend to be... she's a hypocritical cúnt. :roll:

She wants to be accepted and treated equally in the "man's world" of football but then made a formal complaint to Everton when Gollum Moyes basically told her to go fuck herself at a presser (without mentioning her gender) and basically treated her like he often did male journos that pissed him off.

You can't have it both ways, pet. :roll: Now get your tits out. :lol: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:

He MUST have a series of photos of a drunken media orgy where they were all cock deep in each other's shitpipes - it can be the ONLY explanation for why they never bring him to book on the stupid and insideous shit he spouts off. Obviously Jacqui Oatley was not at said orgy. :oops: :roll:

Oh, and let's be clear about one thing here too, Jacqui Oatley is not quite the "hero" that stood up and brought Wenger to book, and was then hard done by with a ban from Arsenal pressers, that she like to pretend to be... she's a hypocritical cúnt. :roll:

She wants to be accepted and treated equally in the "man's world" of football but then made a formal complaint to Everton when Gollum Moyes basically told her to go fuck herself at a presser (without mentioning her gender) and basically treated her like he often did male journos that pissed him off.

If I'm not mistaken, he threatened to hit her!! Fucks sake..... you don't say that to ANYBODY. And Wenger treated her despicably, not because she's a woman but because she had the temerity to question him. I don't really care about her, I DO care about that 5 star prick in the barcalounger at our club :banghead: :banghead:

The only manager in the world who is not in the hot seat.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

He added: “When we qualified for the Champions League, people told me: ‘But you didn’t win a trophy.’

“Now we won a trophy, and have not qualified for the Champions League, and it’s said to me: ‘Why are you not in the Champions League?’

“That’s normal to live with but I want to focus on my job and do as well as I can and win absolutely every competition.”

--------------

He trotted out that old chestnut again. :roll: I'm sure I've heard him say this about 3 or 4 times before.

No Arsene, they said you didn't win the PL (or CL) not "a trophy" which conveniently allows you to win the FA cup or for that matter the League cup, how about the Charity shield?, hell even the Emirates cup, I guess they all count to suit your needs!.

Finishing 4th is not winning a trophy, end of.

:banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:21 pm
He added: “When we qualified for the Champions League, people told me: ‘But you didn’t win a trophy.’

“Now we won a trophy, and have not qualified for the Champions League, and it’s said to me: ‘Why are you not in the Champions League?’

“That’s normal to live with but I want to focus on my job and do as well as I can and win absolutely every competition.”

--------------

He trotted out that old chestnut again. :roll: I'm sure I've heard him say this about 3 or 4 times before.

No Arsene, they said you didn't win the PL (or CL) not "a trophy" which conveniently allows you to win the FA cup or for that matter the League cup, how about the Charity shield?, hell even the Emirates cup, I guess they all count to suit your needs!.

Finishing 4th is not winning a trophy, end of.

Yeah.....and you didn't, so what's the question??? Or answer for that matter.

Just want to focus on my job......Look we don't get distracted, I always look to the next game..... I always look to win the next game.....I always look to win everything......I cannot comment on that, I just focus on the next game.......

This is how he behaves. While all the other managers are totally unfocused and getting involved in things that don't concern them, our industrious, trailblazing, pensioner is hard at work making sure that Arsenal football club wins EVERYTHING.

This is the bullshit we have to listen to, season in,season out. Always portrays himself as making such great personal sacrifices for the club he loves sooo much.

The reality is that Arsenal Football Club is weighted down by loads of his little adopted sons while our cranky old despot is out and about sticking his nose into EVERYTHING that shouldn't concern him!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Quote from Mr 30 years today....

"When you have made 75 points (last season), your target is to get 10 points more. And with 10 points more, you are in there (the title race)."

Did we not finish 18 points behind the Chavs?.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Blimey...hes been reading this forum....

the Frenchman said: “I am sorry I am still here and I can understand that you want to kill me but, at the moment, I survive.

many a true word spoken in jest......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, he threatened to hit her!! Fucks sake..... you don't say that to ANYBODY.
No he didn't. He just verbally told Oatley to fuck off. 5 years later he told Vicki Sparks that he might have to "slap" her. Oatley complained. Sparks didn't.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

DON'T Blame Me I'm Only Following Suggestions.... :-P

Had you worried for a mo there! :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, he threatened to hit her!! Fucks sake..... you don't say that to ANYBODY.
No he didn't. He just verbally told Oatley to fuck off. 5 years later he told Vicki Sparks that he might have to "slap" her. Oatley complained. Sparks didn't.
Oh yeah it was Sparks he threatened, my apologies...she didn't really have to complain, everybody else did it for her. I'm surprised the OB didn't get involved, they love high profile, easy, non strenuous gigs like that.

Anyway back to AFC where everything is just clicking into place under the steady hand of Mr. 30 years......

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wenger says he will prioritise the PL over the EL.

Translated: I will focus on 4th place rather than a second rate European trophy that I am not at all jealous that United won last season, because 4th place is a trophy.

It's going to get more and more difficult to keep shifting those goalposts Arsene, especially when 4 or 5 clubs finish ahead of us this season and we don't win a domestic cup, knowing Wenger's luck though he'll win the League cup this season so that will be the new qualifier of 'success'.

:roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:56 am
Wenger says he will prioritise the PL over the EL.

Translated: I will focus on 4th place rather than a second rate European trophy that I am not at all jealous that United won last season, because 4th place is a trophy.

It's going to get more and more difficult to keep shifting those goalposts Arsene, especially when 4 or 5 clubs finish ahead of us this season and we don't win a domestic cup, knowing Wenger's luck though he'll win the League cup this season so that will be the new qualifier of 'success'.

:roll:
Right up until the last bit mate - there's no way Shit for Brains will be winning the league Cup as we're such a big club we can afford to toss that one away and play kids against the likes of Southampton.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html

Despicable man. Fucked EVERYBODY around for over 2 months and now that the dust has settled and he is safely ensconced for another 2 years he "bravely & magnanimously" accepts the blame.

He really is a 5* PRICK!! It's difficult not to hate him.