THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by General »

Dictators are not easy to remove. This was never going to be straight forward.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:Giroud quoted as saying "The players are keen for Wenger to sign as they want to see the adventure continue" Adventure is it?? I can think of about 4 or 5 words that describe his catastrophic tenure of the past decade....Adventure is not one of them.

How can you describe getting fantastically overpaid to do a job you are incapable of doing as an adventure anyway?? Nobody at the club has any shame!!

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
40 plus years ago we had a teacher who was incapable of controlling the class..you could (and people did) read a paper ,smoke, talk, do other homework etc.. We hated the thought of that teacher leaving.. We knew his replacement wouldn't allow any such behaviour... Think Giroud is thinking the same with Wenger..

yeah my manager at work is great - I can come on here and post all day :D
i'm with Giroud :barscarf:

WLG

Post by WLG »

Rumours are that Chips Keswick has a plane on standby to fly the announcement overhead the moment we ever take the lead in a game ever again.

On the good side, that could be a very, very long time from now.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:Giroud quoted as saying "The players are keen for Wenger to sign as they want to see the adventure continue" Adventure is it?? I can think of about 4 or 5 words that describe his catastrophic tenure of the past decade....Adventure is not one of them.

How can you describe getting fantastically overpaid to do a job you are incapable of doing as an adventure anyway?? Nobody at the club has any shame!!

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
40 plus years ago we had a teacher who was incapable of controlling the class..you could (and people did) read a paper ,smoke, talk, do other homework etc.. We hated the thought of that teacher leaving.. We knew his replacement wouldn't allow any such behaviour... Think Giroud is thinking the same with Wenger..
No...I think Giroud realises his "adventure" at AFC will end 5 minutes after Wenger's does.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

The thing is though apart from Giroud and pehaps the odd murmur I may have missed, I have not heard our players come out and back Wenger, Giroud is not a good example either because A. He's French and B. He's just signed a new contract.

The silence speaks for itself, the players may not be openly criticising him or scoring own goals but I think it's clear at least that they don't have faith in him any longer, similar to Mourinho last season but in a more subtle sense.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Take your pick...or None!?

:?

Arsene Wenger remains undecided over his future as Arsenal manager and will use the international break to consider his options. (London Evening Standard)

Paris St-Germain want Wenger to replace Unai Emery as their manager this summer, and have offered the Frenchman a two-year deal. (Sun)

Alternatively, Wenger is ready to commit to a new two-year deal at Emirates Stadium, and is already targeting Monaco's 18-year-old striker Kylian Mbappe and Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette, 25, as the club prepares for the departures of forward Alexis Sanchez and midfielder Mesut Ozil, both 28. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are also tracking Barkley, with midfielders Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 23, and Jack Wilshere, 25, likely to leave the Gunners. (Daily Telegraph)

:roll: :blah: :blah: :blah: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:The thing is though apart from Giroud and pehaps the odd murmur I may have missed, I have not heard our players come out and back Wenger, Giroud is not a good example either because A. He's French and B. He's just signed a new contract.

The silence speaks for itself, the players may not be openly criticising him or scoring own goals but I think it's clear at least that they don't have faith in him any longer, similar to Mourinho last season but in a more subtle sense.
Yeah Ramsey did the week before last - spouting on about how all the players are behind the manager 100%

Yet another disgrace in an Arsenal shirt stealing a fuckin living :banghead: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:Take your pick...or None!?

Arsene Wenger remains undecided over his future as Arsenal manager and will use the international break to consider his options. (London Evening Standard)

Paris St-Germain want Wenger to replace Unai Emery as their manager this summer, and have offered the Frenchman a two-year deal. (Sun)

Alternatively, Wenger is ready to commit to a new two-year deal at Emirates Stadium, and is already targeting Monaco's 18-year-old striker Kylian Mbappe and Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette, 25, as the club prepares for the departures of forward Alexis Sanchez and midfielder Mesut Ozil, both 28. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are also tracking Barkley, with midfielders Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 23, and Jack Wilshere, 25, likely to leave the Gunners. (Daily Telegraph)

Well replacing Ozil and Sanchez with Kylian Mbappe and Lacazette would reek of Wengerism to a tee... :oops: :lol:

To the tune of "Vieira, he comes from Senegal". Altogether now! :barscarf:

MMM-bappe woo-oo-oah
He comes from where, fuck knows
He's solving Arsene's woes
MMM-Baaaappppe woo-oo-oah!

Sing it you cúnts!! :barscarf:

:suicide:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

He talks,"Zindanes",but signs "Cygans" :roll: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:The thing is though apart from Giroud and pehaps the odd murmur I may have missed, I have not heard our players come out and back Wenger, Giroud is not a good example either because A. He's French and B. He's just signed a new contract.

Well, so far we've had Giroud, Ramsey, Martinez and Bellerin all backing him in the last few weeks.

And you can rest assured there will be a nicely spaced-out series of player interviews where they back the manager over the coming weeks in the build up to the big announcement. :roll: This is piece of piss level stuff for Wenger and Modern Arsenal PLC. Wenger taught Kim Jong-un everything he knows. :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

General wrote:Dictators are not easy to remove. This was never going to be straight forward.
Usually they go after a hail of bullets or a storming of a building. I'm not suggesting the storming of a building but the other one...

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:I Know what i am doing next season...but won't tell you????? Seriously what the fuck is that all about....is it childish behaviour or inflated Ego??

Both.......oh and a touch of lunacy.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
augie wrote:The sun newspaper (not the most reliable I know), claims that psg are offering the c.unt a 2 year deal to take over from emery in the summer :roll:
Win win situation for everyone.
Well, except for poor old PSG, obviously... :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

You know, he might just be tempted.....not by the idea of PSG of course, but didn't that rapper live in Paris ? :rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I think I'll take option 5 OBG......."Arsene Wenger is sticking his fingers in his ears and is La La-ing, so that he can ignore all the anti nonsense, until he signs a two year deal the day before we lose at home to City".......yes, that's it, that's the one I like.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Even the media are on to the pravada tricks!

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawa ... ding-spree