THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:41 am
The decline continues. He has always sacrificed competitions for what he sees as a greater good (an FA Cup hiding vs Utd with Nani juggling the ball on his head springs to mind!) but chucking an FA Cup tie for a semi match in the Carabou cup is beyond ridiculous.
I don't believe that is what he did. He believes the stiffs (stiffs to us not to him) are good enough to carry us through these early cup rounds. He did it in the Europa and even there, against part timers, we started coming up short in the last couple of games.

He went into the Forest game believing we would come through that and then he would probably have fielded more or less the same team tonight, saving his big guns for the PL game on Sunday. 4th has become his Holy Grail more than ever, he is desperate to get back in the CL. Sunday's result has scuppered him, he cannot put the stiffs out again, if he does and they get hammered people are going to be screaming for his head...(For about 30 minutes after the game, then they'll "come to their senses") realising there is nobody else who could possibly lead us.

Conte needs a win tonight as well, he'll put a decent team out.
Agreed 100% His arrogance told him any team he picked would do Forest, because he's a genius.... :lol: :roll: Not the first time (and won't be the last time either) that his arrogance, self belief, and out-of-whack ego has cost us. :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal should go for Massimiliano Allegri to replace Wenger.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 am
I'd take him before Ancelotti tbh. I think Allegri would come in and first of all prioritise improving our deplorable defending. GG's (who built us from the back) mantra was "you can't win the league without a top defence" and he has been proven right repeatedly since.

Having said that I'd have Ancelotti in there ahead of Wenger in the blink of an eye too. And he has proven he can do it in an assortment of countries. I just think Allegri is more modern thinking and has proven how tactically flexible he can be with successfully (3 Doubles in 3 seasons) utilising variations of 4-4-2, 4–3–1–2, and 4–3–3 to suit the opposition. He also would be a happy medium between what Wenger apparently is trying to achieve (fluid passing football) and what we sorely lack (defensive discipline, in-game management, and tactical flexibility).

But then again, I'd have my dead grandmother in there ahead of Wenger, as she would at least be able to match his in-game management by sitting there on the bench doing nothing.... :lol:

:shock:

Rumours are Allegri is bound for the chavs next summer. I really hope not. :censored:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I think Ancelotti would only be a short term solution however he'd definitely iron out some of the problems created by clueless. Allegri as you say is more of a modern thinker and would be inclined to stay around longer imo.

Either would be a vast improvement on what's there now. As would DB10's Granny.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Allegri would also get shot of all the deadwood/snowflakes/hollywood flick merchants in the squad. :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 am
Allegri would also get shot of all the deadwood/snowflakes/hollywood flick merchants in the squad. :barscarf:
We have no chance of attracting a manager like Allegri with our tin pot owner who is only interested in "financial prudence", most likely we will get some second rate German manager or another "wild card" like Wenger, as long as they tow the same line that was established under Wenger - spend as little as possible and try to get in the top 4, but don't over extend yourself as I wont be backing you with any cash.

:censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
We have no chance of attracting a manager like Allegri with our tin pot owner who is only interested in "financial prudence", most likely we will get some second rate German manager or another "wild card" like Wenger, as long as they tow the same line that was established under Wenger - spend as little as possible and try to get in the top 4, but don't over extend yourself as I wont be backing you with any cash.

We'll most likely get a Wenger Disciple..... Grimandi springs to mind.... and he will be "mentored" by Wenger from the boardroom. :|

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Saw a report that Wenger is lining up mikel arteta with him moving to the boardroom.

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

The french pri*k spent almost £100m in 2016 summer transfer window and look at where we are since - dont blame a lack of funds for the utter incompetence of a senile outdated c.unt manager :evil: :evil: :evil:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 am
I think Ancelotti would only be a short term solution however he'd definitely iron out some of the problems created by clueless. Allegri as you say is more of a modern thinker and would be inclined to stay around longer imo.

We need a short-term solution. Obviously I’d rather somebody to do a great job for 10 years than 2 years, but we need somebody to come in and clear out the deadwood staff and players and to rid the club of this cosy spineless loser mentality. Somebody like Ancelotti (who will have absolutely zero inclination to embark on any vanity projects) coming in for 2-3 years is exactly what we need.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 am

We need a short-term solution. Obviously I’d rather somebody to do a great job for 10 years than 2 years, but we need somebody to come in and clear out the deadwood staff and players and to rid the club of this cosy spineless loser mentality. Somebody like Ancelotti (who will have absolutely zero inclination to embark on any vanity projects) coming in for 2-3 years is exactly what we need.

Well said that man :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 am
I read earlier he is replacing Conte at the end of the season.

It must be so disruptive at these clubs with them continually changing managers. AFC must be the envy of clubs all over the world with that same steady, gnarled, liver spotted hand steering the leaking ship through stormy waters year after year after year after..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:06 pm
The french pri*k spent almost £100m in 2016 summer transfer window and look at where we are since - dont blame a lack of funds for the utter incompetence of a senile outdated c.unt manager :evil: :evil: :evil:
Where did I say I was defending Wenger?, just don't expect much from what comes next because the people surrounding Wenger (namely the one with a wig) are just as bad as the incompetent French fraud. That £100M was money generated by the club and only really half made up for the previous summer when we only bought Cech.

silus

Post by silus »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Saw a report that Wenger is lining up mikel arteta with him moving to the boardroom.
Got a horrible feeling this is what will happen...and it will be a fucking disaster!!!

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:06 pm
Where did I say I was defending Wenger?, just don't expect much from what comes next because the people surrounding Wenger (namely the one with a wig) are just as bad as the incompetent French fraud. That £100M was money generated by the club and only really half made up for the previous summer when we only bought Cech.

I dont dispute that half of the £100m was raised through players sales, but my point was that regardless of where the cash comes from, wenker has not got a scooby doo when it comes to using it wisely :roll: A leech as an owner or a lack of funds are not the reasons why wenker is failing .... he is failing cos he is outdated, incompetent, arrogant and tactically stupid, and even man citeeh's money wouldnt change that, and that is why it grates on me when people bring the slimy wiggy c.unt into a discussion