THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:11 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 am
wibble wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:51 pm
Is it only me that wants City to go unbeaten this season to see Wenger wince when asked about it?,
Hope so! Don't want to see anyone replicate that achievement
Agreed 100%, some posters on here want our unbeaten record to go and us get relegated????
Fucking Amen. Why would anyone want citeh to replicate such a brilliant achievement by a brilliant team like we had in 04? :roll: Just to piss Wenger off? It's this kind of shit from supposed ARSENAL FANS, along with statements like "I hope the scum beat us and finish ahead of us" and "I hope we get relegated" that I can't understand or tolerate tbh. Jesus Christ if Wenger has turned you against your own club so much then seriously move on, go watch another sport or something ffs. Why spend your life so bitter and hating something you should love? It cannot be good for your mental health to be so wrapped up and obsessed with hate. :|
Exactly this is exactly what scum and Chav fans are praying for us to get relegated... :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Fukc the getting relegated bollocks, that is one record that AW has very little to do with and should stand untainted for ever :roll:

General

Post by General »

Records are there to be broken and if City do it so be it. If we hadn't regressed so badly and had a few more titles under our belt, I doubt some fans would be so emotionally attached to the record. United's treble, to me a greater achievement, is also under threat but I've heard very little from the media and fans about the record being usurped, rivalry with City aside.

I don't even think City breaking the record would spite Wenger. If anything it would give him more ammunition to take the moral high ground. You only have to look at how keen he was to latch on the issue when asked about it in the press conference and his nonsense about petrol and ideas. He was doing anything but squirming, he relished the opportunity actually. It's Leicester's achievement that exposes him.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

If it means getting rid of our shitbag manager and more importantly - the wigged one, who will ensure we spend the next 20+ years in the doldrums then yes I would take relegation, in the hope a better owner would buy a club with a lot of 'potential'.

I don't see the point of just being in the PL but never competing and basically being a cash machine for some c**t, we can w@nk all we want about old records but in the here and now we are becoming an irrelevance.

People can tell me I'm wrong but then I had people tell me I was wrong about Kroenke in 2007 and wrong again about Wenger in 2008, I doubt they would tell me I'm wrong about those 2 crooks now, unless they were the most hardened AKB looney or were still naive enough to accept the "self sustaining project" bs.

Bring on the sh*t show!.

:twisted:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 pm
If it means getting rid of our shitbag manager and more importantly - the wigged one, who will ensure we spend the next 20+ years in the doldrums then yes I would take relegation, in the hope a better owner would buy a club with a lot of 'potential'.

I don't see the point of just being in the PL but never competing and basically being a cash machine for some c**t, we can w@nk all we want about old records but in the here and now we are becoming an irrelevance.

People can tell me I'm wrong but then I had people tell me I was wrong about Kroenke in 2007 and wrong again about Wenger in 2008, I doubt they would tell me I'm wrong about those 2 crooks now, unless they were the most hardened AKB looney or were still naive enough to accept the "self sustaining project" bs.

Bring on the sh*t show!.
:twisted:
I'm with you on this tbh...I just don't want to see us relegated..17th would be fine by me. If the league was just 10 or 20% stronger, with our defence & midfield the way it is, we would be halfway down the table anyway. The PL is so top loaded that our diabolical, shambolic team & manager is managing to crawl under the radar at the moment. Either that or the media, quite rightly, see us as irrelevant.

On a happier note how great would this be, somebody Wenger could control and any success he has Wenger would be front & centre reminding everyone that he learned it all from him.....Pep and the Man. City period would be airbrushed from history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... r-gunners/

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think our place is 6th or 7th just like back in the 80s. We've gone full circle and all this talk of relegation in laughable.
We have a manager who has been happy to keep Kroenke happy and parked the club where we will stay.
I don't see any drive from the board so although a new manager is vital I don't see Arsenal competing under the ownership of Kroenke.
Arsenal went downhill fast after Dein was sacked. Just look at the last 10 years with Wenger having nobody to answer too and the club going backwards in every department.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am
I think our place is 6th or 7th just like back in the 80s. We've gone full circle and all this talk of relegation in laughable.
We have a manager who has been happy to keep Kroenke happy and parked the club where we will stay.
I don't see any drive from the board so although a new manager is vital I don't see Arsenal competing under the ownership of Kroenke.
Arsenal went downhill fast after Dein was sacked. Just look at the last 10 years with Wenger having nobody to answer too and the club going backwards in every department.
Kronke said so many times Arsenal PLC is not for sale, it is a long term acquisition to his sports portfolio and a legacy for his son
he won't give a shit about any fan backlash, think he may even enjoy it.....

Wenger has said he will never retire, i believe he will never leave Arsenal while Kronke is the owner

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am
Kronke said so many times Arsenal PLC is not for sale, it is a long term acquisition to his sports portfolio and a legacy for his son
he won't give a shit about any fan backlash, think he may even enjoy it.....

Wenger has said he will never retire, i believe he will never leave Arsenal while Kronke is the owner
He wont enjoy the club relegated and losing money :twisted:.

I agree not likely though, we are doomed. :evil:

Those who think we'll magically become great again when Wenger finally f*cks off are in for a rude awakening, when Ivan the terrible made that infamous comment that we should look to the Leicester model he was kinda telling the truth, we might fluke the odd title every 20 years, because that is all we'll get with our level of ambition in a league (and game in general) that is all about who spends wins.

It would be nice to see us try though and stop playing sideways football, but still don't think that would be enough to convince me to waste a ton of cash on watching wiggy get richer, it would make me want to vomit everytime I went to a game thinking about it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: Anyone who wants to see The Invicibles Unbeaten record eclipsed by $hitty is a cuntwhorebag. :D

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Well that makes me one of them because I would like to see the record equalled.

Why? Because it is attributed to Wenger and he is so bloody willing to live off it over a decade later. It is ancient history and as others have pointed out, we are the only club / fans that live in the past in this way. We'd mock any other club that indulged themselves in something that happened so long ago but we're happy to do it. The unbeaten record is what keeps Wenger in his overpaid job!!

I want to see Arsenal return to winning ways but that will not happen under Wenger & Kroenke. I've reached the stage where I want their tenure to end in utter ignominy.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

How can you lads hate Wenger so much, want him out, but want Arsenal to achieve the exact things that are going to keep the bloody man in his job??

I can't understand that logic - if we keep on achieving "Just enough" then this awful nightmare will just go on and on and on . . . .

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Why? Because it is attributed to Wenger and he is so bloody willing to live off it over a decade later. It is ancient history and as others have pointed out, we are the only club / fans that live in the past in this way. We'd mock any other club that indulged themselves in something that happened so long ago but we're happy to do it. The unbeaten record is what keeps Wenger in his overpaid job!!

I want to see Arsenal return to winning ways but that will not happen under Wenger & Kroenke. I've reached the stage where I want their tenure to end in utter ignominy.
Well said.....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm
How can you lads hate Wenger so much, want him out, but want Arsenal to achieve the exact things that are going to keep the bloody man in his job??

I can't understand that logic - if we keep on achieving "Just enough" then this awful nightmare will just go on and on and on . . . .
Desperate,hopeless,helpless times Mark :cry: :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm

That's just it mate I do NOT want Arsenal (under wengercunt) to achieve anything - I/me/you/we all are living in a Purgatory as long as he is in charge (and wiggy owns the club). I also know that we must endure even more pain before the cun.t is gone... But I have Never, Ever associated our un-beaten run with wenger - for me that was the players Not him. Which is why I remember with real fondness those days of the Invincibles, which is why I do not want to see it equaled or bettered - which I don't think will happen. But I am prepared - well we don't have much choice really - to go through even more hurt and depressing times and see the cun.t Fail Utterly and Completely in the eyes of the world, but even then - Yes, even then - the dumbfuck AKB's will still sing his name etc :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So as far as the Unbeaten run being beaten ...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :cheekkiss: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:09 pm
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Well said.....
So do I, but I don't think the unbeaten run has any bearing on that/it. :?