THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

BOTH YER DAFT SLAPPER! :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

seagull1901 wrote:Hello all,

Brighton fan here. Obviously delighted to be in the Prem, even if we are expecting a few hammerings along the way and looking forward to a trip to the Emirates next season (new ground for me).

I can see this thread is generally people who are Wenger Out - where do you see yourselves finishing next season if he remains in charge?
Being brutally honest?

If he stays I think we will be 5th or 6th. Possibly 3rd or 4th.

If he goes? Very Small chance of 1st, most likely 2nd-4th with a reasonable chance of 5th-6th.

It's a long-term gain and we are a way off right now. We could do no better next season but equally if we replace Wenger we could challenge, which is more than we can say now.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Another "rival" manager singing TFOC's praises, begging him to stay to ensure that a potential threat stays down. Bet he was desperate to burst into a rendition of "Arsene Wenger we want you to stay". :banghead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40062358

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

The way some people go on you'd think we'd just come off the back of 12 years of winning and competing for the big trophies, if Wenger hadn't got those 2 cup wins against mostly s**t teams along the way we'd be looking back at 12 years without a single trophy. No one cares about this top 4 bs, Chelsea have finished outside it twice during that time, winning the CL during one of those seasons and winning the title this season after finishing midtable last.

The problem is w**ker fan boys in the press, AKB's and company men (inc Wenger) only see it from the "company" point of view, I don't give a f*ck about Stan Kroenke's balance sheet and whether there is enough for a bigger consultancy fee (dividend in disguise!).

The PL ownership model is a joke really as we have profiteers from USA/Asia, Oligarch's who obtained their wealth by dubious means and even middle eastern states owning clubs, in the end the old saying applies - if you can't beat them join them.. some say this is not the Arsenal way, well if they want that they accept mediocrity as that is the inevitable outcome of a club with no real footballing ambition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... al-future/

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
seagull1901 wrote:Hello all,

Brighton fan here. Obviously delighted to be in the Prem, even if we are expecting a few hammerings along the way and looking forward to a trip to the Emirates next season (new ground for me).

I can see this thread is generally people who are Wenger Out - where do you see yourselves finishing next season if he remains in charge?
We'll have no Champions League to distract us, and with the £200m worth of super-super talent that's coming this summer I think the sky is the limit.

I really think we can win ( or get very close ) to the big one next season.

Yes, I can see us challenging very strongly for the 4th place Virtual Trophy.

One Arsene Wenger!

But probably 6th.

And Europa League knock-out stage, first round.
Yep, that would be Wenger alright. Sky's the limit even though there are footprints on the moon.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I woke up this morning to the news that today's FA Cup Final would be Arsene Wenger's last game as Arsenal manager........then I actually woke up. :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is expected to sign a new two-year deal whether or not he leads the Gunners to FA Cup victory at Wembley today, according to the Daily Mirror.

An announcement on the Frenchman’s future could come as early as next week.

ONLY 730 days to go till his new contract runs out.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

According to Seaman, who is very pro Wenger, Wenger said nothing before a game......no motivational team talk....

“One of the strangest things that used to happen at half time was that you’d come in and you would have to sit down and be quiet. Get your drink, your energy bars or whatever and sit down.

“There was one time when we were getting beat at Highbury and our assistant manager Pat Rice came in shouting. Arsene, in front of all of us, just went “Pat! Sit down and be quiet!’.

“We were stunned.

No wonder Rice and Bould were struck dumb....totally underminded by Wenker

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:I woke up this morning to the news that today's FA Cup Final would be Arsene Wenger's last game as Arsenal manager........then I actually woke up. :(

Within the next 72 hours the senile old c.unt will announce that he is not renewing his contract and is finished as AFC manager
:barscarf: :barscarf:

That said, I have to admit that my confidence in that statement is shook after hearing that allegri announced yesterday that he will be staying at juve next season :cry: :cry:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:According to Seaman, who is very pro Wenger, Wenger said nothing before a game......no motivational team talk....

“One of the strangest things that used to happen at half time was that you’d come in and you would have to sit down and be quiet. Get your drink, your energy bars or whatever and sit down.

“There was one time when we were getting beat at Highbury and our assistant manager Pat Rice came in shouting. Arsene, in front of all of us, just went “Pat! Sit down and be quiet!’.

“We were stunned.

No wonder Rice and Bould were struck dumb....totally underminded by Wenker
Wenger has no idea what to say so nobody else is allowed to either.

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

wilko49er wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -life.html
"His Life!!" has been diificult since we moved from Highbury.
Deluded Fuck wit!! Must be crying every time he talks to his accountant :censored: :cussing:
My heart bleeds for the poor, hard-done-by little peasant.
'I would say today if you tell me "you do that [the Emirates move] again", I would say "no thank you very much, I'll leave that for somebody else" because it was an unbelievably tough period.'
He built it himself you know...with his own bare hands...photographic evidence below...

Chelsea for me today.
I hope it's a 7-0

The 6-0 on his 1,000th game was lush, but I think it can be topped...

Oh, and he has a cardiac arrest after the game and dies live on TV...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The next seven days will see a resounding thrashing from the chavs and a 2 year extension announced when the dust settles and everyone's fucked off for the summer.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

The hypocrisy of the prik telling everyone that he doesn't look back and only looks forward ............ how many times lately has he referenced the amount of trophies HE won, and the amount of times he has qualified for champions league ? How many times has he compared our history before he arrived to the achievements since he arrived ? If the senile, arrogant b**tard only looked forward he would realise that the future is bleak (and getting worse) under him, and that he should fcuk off and let a new manager take over :evil:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... the-fa-cup

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

2 year extension incoming with the announcement that Steve Bould is moving upstairs to become director of football.

Yes boss, no boss, 3 bags full boss :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The media feed him half of this nonsense he comes out with.

Before the Everton game when he yet again dodged a question on his future, a reporter started the next question with "You built the stadium with results in those first few years..."

The idea that things will get worse if he signs is misconceived. Fans will just accept it and he will still get the support of the disinterested majority at the Bowl. In the last few years of abject nothingness, there was a window of about four weeks where the majority of fans were actually willing to voice displeasure at games. The media will go back to ignoring Wenger apart from a few weeks when things are really going shit.