THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:36 am
My concern is where will they fit xhakas statue now
Up your hole if you keep trolling.... :redcard:

:lol: :wink:
Put that pointing finger to good use at last :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I don't want TOF anywhere near the management or workings of the club ever again.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wrighty should definitely have a statue, it’s a disgrace that he hasn’t one already.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A statue of George Graham? Two titles. A Cup Double. And a European Trophy. Plus Anfield 89. No brainer for me.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:13 pm
A statue of George Graham? Two titles. A Cup Double. And a European Trophy. Plus Anfield 89. No brainer for me.
Love GG in his time here...but he managed them....so No.

Simple as that. No scum at the Emirates.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:14 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:13 pm
Love GG in his time here...but he managed them....so No.

Simple as that. No scum at the Emirates.
Not calling George scum btw just who he managed

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:36 am
My concern is where will they fit xhakas statue now
:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In the toilets so we can all Piss on it. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:41 pm
I don't want TOF anywhere near the management or workings of the club ever again.
He’s there permanently now it would seem. Just behind the North Bank and about 10 feet tall :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

No Spuddy That is what we call a "Statue"... Not the real thing Thank-the-Fuck. :wink:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arsene-wen ... es-stadium

not for me im afraid, you should only get a statue when your a club legend......and for me Wonga is not.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:00 pm

not for me im afraid, you should only get a statue when your a club legend......and for me Wonga is not.
I'm really really torn on this. Firstly George should have got a statue long before Wenger - even though I don't really agree with giving living people statues at all tbh.

Also, I cannot bring myself to hate Arsene the way many of you do. That first ten years he made us the most attractive footballing team in the history of the English game, and whilst winning trophies, unlike the wet sham murderers or the scum and their pathetic "we might not win anything but we play the game right" horseshit ethos.

But then Arsene alienated me with that last ten years. He lied to the fans repeatedly and he put his own ego before the good of the club. Having said that though the owners were more at fault for not sacking him. I've always said it, Arsene wasn't the problem, he was a symptom of a wider disease in the club.

I wish he'd retired in 2008. He'd have gone out a legend and still be loved by every Arsenal fan. It's a real pity it went to shit like it did. :(

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:56 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:00 pm

I'm really really torn on this. Firstly George should have got a statue long before Wenger - even though I don't really agree with giving living people statues at all tbh.

Also, I cannot bring myself to hate Arsene the way many of you do. That first ten years he made us the most attractive footballing team in the history of the English game, and whilst winning trophies, unlike the wet sham murderers or the scum and their pathetic "we might not win anything but we play the game right" horseshit ethos.

But then Arsene alienated me with that last ten years. He lied to the fans repeatedly and he put his own ego before the good of the club. Having said that though the owners were more at fault for not sacking him. I've always said it, Arsene wasn't the problem, he was a symptom of a wider disease in the club.

I wish he'd retired in 2008. He'd have gone out a legend and still be loved by every Arsenal fan. It's a real pity it went to shit like it did. :(
Agree with your assessment

Trouble is he still believes he was so virtuous in those last years

He was quoted as saying he gave his life to Arsenal and spent every minute of it for the good of the club……..absolute bollocks.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I think he actually believes he did that. Only he knows what he believed to be the best thing. I’m sure every manager does what they believe to be the best thing but it doesn’t mean that it turns out to be the case.
My view of Wenger is similar to DB10. The only difference being that at times I think he took the flack for decisions made at board level. I saw a recent interview with him where he was saying that his loyalty was his biggest failing as there were times when he should have said no to board decisions, but didn’t.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Surely there should be a Chapman Statue , he made the club what it is today , is the bust still around ?

Agree George should have one to , just a bust for Wenger as half his tenure was shit so only half a statue ......