THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Is the CluelessCunt gone yet?
No mate.....I'm still here I'm afraidONE JACQUI OATLEY ! ....THERE'S ONLY ONE JACQUI OATLEY !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :high5:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger's tactics under scrutiny from members of coaching staff following defeat at Swansea

Could this really be true?

Finally someone in our setup actually has the balls to question Wenger's approach (the perpetrators will be sacked imminently and tried for treason).

"Reservations over Arsène Wenger’s defensive tactics held by former players and pundits are shared by members of his Arsenal staff...Steve Bould, Wenger’s assistant, takes a particular interest in the defence, but other backroom figures were left dismayed by the Frenchman’s approach at the Liberty Stadium".

"Wenger will be given £20 million in the January transfer window to try to shore up Arsenal’s defence, but there remains regret that he did not do so in the summer...Arsenal will hold a scouting meeting this week to discuss targets and start to assemble a list of who exactly they will bid for".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ansea.html

On 5Live on Sunday evening - Wrighty said that he knew 'for a fact' that Steve bould had given wenker a list of names that were available and that could be bought to sort out the Mid-field Anchor position and the CB's - And wenger didn't even look at the list - because he already had HIS targets in mind and what he did and did not want to spend.

Whay I don't understand is why Bouldy is hanging in there - Unless he's short of the old spondoolah's!? :?
He is as much of a disgrace as Wenger, a yes man, happy to toe the party line, in order to earn a big salary. If Bould had any respect for himself, he would quit, and lash out at Wenger in the media for being a dictator, but that will never happen, does anyone at Arsene PLC have any principles?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

BFG4 wrote:He is as much of a disgrace as Wenger, a yes man, happy to toe the party line, in order to earn a big salary. If Bould had any respect for himself, he would quit, and lash out at Wenger in the media for being a dictator, but that will never happen, does anyone at Arsene PLC have any principles?
I think you know the answer to that. Wenger is still untouchable, that may change over time, but right now none from inside the club will crticise him.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

BFG4 wrote: He is as much of a disgrace as Wenger, a yes man, happy to toe the party line, in order to earn a big salary. If Bould had any respect for himself, he would quit, and lash out at Wenger in the media for being a dictator, but that will never happen, does anyone at Arsene PLC have any principles?
What would that accomplish? Who would want to hire someone who is bashing people that they are staffed under? As much as we'd all love him to come clean, what would that say to other potential employers if he came out and told the truth? Not much from a career perspective. It'd be like you going into a job interview and chastising your former employers.

It isn't a wise career move.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote: By having a public pop at merse, le cock has only added fuel to the fire and will drive merson to be even more critical and honest in his assessment of future games and that can only be good for us
yup.

and he's picked on the wrong pundit - Merse is very popular at Arsenal, and has history at the club.

The media are clearly on Merse's side, this story has more legs on it.

WE STAND WITH THE MERSE :box: :box: 8)

OneBardGooner

Re: Wenger out by fan power

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
officepest wrote:You will never, ever get the required numbers to make Stan take notice. We will get fourth this season, as usual, and we will be here next year doing the same thing after another pathetic start to the season.

No but it is very possible to get enough numbers to make le cock notice - you gotta remember that this is a manager that doesn't like to be questioned (especially by people who haven't managed x number of games :roll: ) and being seriously questioned publicly by us peasants would seriously piss him off 8) Can you imagine the reaction he would have to be asked about fan protests after a defeat ? The man would into absolute meltdown which would only feed the baying press pack who go crazy when they sense blood. I honestly think that he would walk away if there was a serious fan protest and the results and performances continue to be shite - the man is an arrogant cock who thinks he should be beyond reproach :roll: :evil:

Of course this leads back to the "what comes first, the chicken or the egg" argument - there is no doubt that there are thousands of fans who want the old c.unt removed but most are afraid to protest for fear of looking stupid if there is a poor turnout :roll: Of course the more people that stay away for that reason, the more likely there is to be a shite turnout so it could be a self fulfilling prophesy. The reality is fans do have more power than they realise and a big public protest will start a snowball affect which could make us all very happy 8) Even if you don't feel that us fans have enough power, don't you feel that the fans should at least fight for more power (I'm talking about every issue) ? We keep saying that the very least we expect from our players is that they give 100% to turn things around, so shouldn't the fans do the same ?

Personally I would like to see The Gooner and/or some of the supporters groups seize the inititive here and organise some mass demonstration. Realistically I suspect that any protest will happen at the end of a home defeat without any preparation and will be born from utter frustration and anger over yet another shite performance they have just seen
Yes, it IS Possible - Even if it is One BIG protest/March - rather than 3 or 4 little ones...though all Protests will be picked up by the media.

It is definitely a Egg! - The chicken told me.

The old adage of Divide and rule applies - So we as Gooners need to be ONE - Forget all the wanky AKB's - If WE truly want him out - then let's do our bit with a Big Protest.....let's really fuck em up. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

If wrighty's story yesterday is true, then if bould has any self respect then he should walk away - if he went to the manager with a list of potential signings and the manager ignored it then that is bad, but for that fact to now have gone public, seriously undermines bould's position and authority both internally and to the wider football community. How could a player take bould seriously as he gives instructions when the whole world knows that wenker wont even listen to him ? This story now tells the world that bould is a modern day Houston (cone man) who is not allowed open his mind or have any proper input - if I was bould then the next time le cock turned to say something to me during a game, I would tell him to fcuk off as clearly my opinion don't mean shit to him :evil: :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We have 2 enemies Apathay and wenger...Apathay is alive and well on Online Gooner sad but TRUE! :evil: :banghead: :box: :cussing:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Augie:

I don't disagree with what you've said, it's just that I don't think it will happen, or if it does it will be piecemeal. We are talking about the man who has presided over more record beatings than probably every other Arsenal manager combined and still gets himself a nice, fat new contract.

He is untouchable and no amount of protests will change this. Other clubs seem to attract their fair share of protesters, we on the other hand seem to lick the proverbial shit off the shoe and come back asking for seconds.

I've given up my membership and I don't attend matches anymore, and as painful as that is, I think it is the right way for me to protest.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the press are starting to smell blood with Wenger I think

if after another 2 or 3 defeats we slip into mid table below Spurs, Liverpool and United I think that he will be under enormous pressure. Be interesting to see how he responds to that

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
augie wrote: By having a public pop at merse, le cock has only added fuel to the fire and will drive merson to be even more critical and honest in his assessment of future games and that can only be good for us
yup.

and he's picked on the wrong pundit - Merse is very popular at Arsenal, and has history at the club.

The media are clearly on Merse's side, this story has more legs on it.

WE STAND WITH THE MERSE :box: :box: 8)

:high5:

:box: :box: :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:If wrighty's story yesterday is true, then if bould has any self respect then he should walk away - if he went to the manager with a list of potential signings and the manager ignored it then that is bad, but for that fact to now have gone public, seriously undermines bould's position and authority both internally and to the wider football community. How could a player take bould seriously as he gives instructions when the whole world knows that wenker wont even listen to him ? This story now tells the world that bould is a modern day Houston (cone man) who is not allowed open his mind or have any proper input - if I was bould then the next time le cock turned to say something to me during a game, I would tell him to fcuk off as clearly my opinion don't mean shit to him :evil: :evil:

Well I was listening to 5 live - I tried to get through to ait my grievances (ooo errr missuss) - and Wrighty said (I paraphrase)

' I know for a fact that steve bould presented a list of defenders that should be looked at for the transfer window to arsene wenger and he ignore it '

It'll be on BBC's iPlayer if anyone wants to track it down...

well said Wrighty! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Where do the BSM and RedAction stand on all of this......surely even they have to now admit it has all gone too far....

officepest

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:If wrighty's story yesterday is true, then if bould has any self respect then he should walk away - if he went to the manager with a list of potential signings and the manager ignored it then that is bad, but for that fact to now have gone public, seriously undermines bould's position and authority both internally and to the wider football community. How could a player take bould seriously as he gives instructions when the whole world knows that wenker wont even listen to him ? This story now tells the world that bould is a modern day Houston (cone man) who is not allowed open his mind or have any proper input - if I was bould then the next time le cock turned to say something to me during a game, I would tell him to fcuk off as clearly my opinion don't mean shit to him :evil: :evil:

Well I was listening to 5 live - I tried to get through to ait my grievances (ooo errr missuss) - and Wrighty said (I paraphrase)

' I know for a fact that steve bould presented a list of defenders that should be looked at for the transfer window to arsene wenger and he ignore it '

It'll be on BBC's iPlayer if anyone wants to track it down...

well said Wrighty! :barscarf:
I heard it too, OBG.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

The Independant says he's almost done :

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 52551.html
Most great champions fight on too long because they cannot accept their fallibilities or the calls for them to go. They are deaf to all but themselves, and when the end finally comes it is brutal.
ouch.