THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

General

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by General »

Clash wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:59 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:48 am

PV4 knows what it means to be an Arsenal player, as does Henry. I'd support Vieira, with Henry, Pires, Llundberg, Lehman and Keown as the back room staff. Arteta will follow.
We need to build a dynasty in the way Chapman did, and the way Shankly copied at Liverpool. We've missed out on a generation of Arsenal players who knew what it meant to play for the club PV4 would be a great person to start a new chapter in our history. After all, he's not taking over a club at the top of the league. Far from it.
Yes and for me this is one of Wenger's biggest crimes.

Ideally you'd want ex players around providing continuity for young players but it's not a prerequisite to succeeding. Fergie thrived without ex players helping steer the boat. The bigger issue for me is Wenger likes to surround himself with yes men, hates to be challenged and is the ultimate sociopath. He's had something like 2 number twos in 20years and Rice only went due to ill health. Watching him with Lehman in the stands during his touchline ban was a sorry sight. Lehman looked like a student on industry placement with that notepad. You then have Bould who is hardly a tactical genius, Colbert who's been there for 19years, Neil Banfield same, Gerry Peyton 15years and the ultimate co dinosaur Boro Primorac whose job description nobody knows . How many of these guys have been poached by top clubs? Almost all of Fergie's number 2s went on to take on top jobs and that's the difference. We have the most medieval backroom staff in football and it's no coincidence our football is stuck in the dark ages. We have a top setup for analytics but it's no good if the information is being processed by dinosaurs. All of them signed new deals after Wenger signed his new contract despite Gazidis's best efforts to remove some of them. It's going to take some consistently bad results and a monumental effort by the fans, media and board members who are opposed to him to shift Wenger this summer.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Midz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:03 pm
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ll+Feed%29

there ya go
thank you :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Midz wrote:

there ya go
"You hear about young players coming into the squad, turning up late for training and people having to go to their houses to get them to come to training."

If that is true, the players need to be named and shamed and sacked.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:47 pm
Midz wrote:

there ya go

Absolute disgrace if true :evil: :evil:

Why did wrighty not air that story before now though ? I just cannot understand how ex-players can claim to love the club so much, but at same time hold back for calling out the manager and players that are killing the club - personally I think there are very few ex-players that do actually love the club :roll: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:13 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:32 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am
I'd take Rogers over Wenger.

At this stage, I'd take a shower with OneBard and DB10 if it meant Wenger left. :wink: :barscarf:
:lol:

You'd fucking enjoy it mate! I'd use EwokBard as a dildo on you. No lube either bitch. 8)
Carry on carry on.............I'm on the vinegar strokes.......... :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol:

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:03 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:47 pm
Midz wrote:

there ya go

Absolute disgrace if true :evil: :evil:

Why did wrighty not air that story before now though ? I just cannot understand how ex-players can claim to love the club so much, but at same time hold back for calling out the manager and players that are killing the club - personally I think there are very few ex-players that do actually love the club :roll: :evil:
thing is augie non of them want to be seen as squeeling little bitches plus when players have come out against wenger then the old line of 'but he has an agenda' pops up and that from many people in this place,ive heard it said of wrighty in the past along with merson and Robson,players cant win it seems

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:32 am
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am
I'd take Rogers over Wenger.

At this stage, I'd take a shower with OneBard and DB10 if it meant Wenger left. :wink: :barscarf:
:lol:

You'd fucking enjoy it mate! I'd use EwokBard as a dildo on you. No lube either bitch. 8)
I don't think step-ladders are safe to use in the shower, dwarfy. :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die

We've heard it all before but (call me gullible) I'm actually starting to get excited that we may be seeing the back of him.

The three managers top of my shortlist:
Carlo Ancelotti
Diego Simeone
Massimiliano Allegri

All three managers will undoubtedly fix the defence and the midfield and establish a spine within the team. All three command more respect than Wenger and I doubt our players would want to go into the dressing room 2-0 down at halftime to Swedish no-marks with any of the above three in charge.

Ancelotti isn't a long-term manager, three seasons and out sort of manager. Great manager, will get us competing, will steady the ship but not long term. He's almost reverse Sam Allardyce for big teams. I'd have him in a heart-beat, though.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I almost almost got excited and hopeful, but then I remembered how each time there was a hint or whiff of the useless cun.t fuckingoff these past 8 seasons - I have been so disappointed and depressed when I have learnt that he has signed another contract extension etc etc etc

It is the hope that kills and it is wenger who has killed my love for the game...I hate him. :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 pm
I almost almost got excited and hopeful, but then I remembered how each time there was a hint or whiff of the useless cun.t fuckingoff these past 8 seasons - I have been so disappointed and depressed when I have learnt that he has signed another contract extension etc etc etc

It is the hope that kills and it is wenger who has killed my love for the game...I hate him. :banghead:
The end game is in sight now, Wenger has run out of get out of jail cards and the players he has have neither the motivation nor in many cases the quality to get him out of trouble anyway.

It is pathetic that it has taken this long but he will be gone this summer, I'm 99% sure now, even with the unambitious cretin Kroenke around, next season if Wenger's around the stadium won't even be half full, paid seats or not, that is beyond embarrassing and damaging to the 'brand', which will make Kroenke's mind up, not the lack of success on the pitch of course which is always very much secondary to the c*nt.

I have little faith in what happens next with the poisonous American still around but at least it will be a change.

Arsenal Till I Die

I read somewhere Josh Kroenke doesn't like Wenger. I don't know if that's true or not?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:52 pm
I read somewhere Josh Kroenke doesn't like Wenger. I don't know if that's true or not?
No one likes Joshbag either!.... :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:59 pm
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:52 pm
No one likes Joshbag either!.... :wink:
I'm prepared to give him a chance, well we don't really have a choice do we?, lets just hope he's nothing like his father..

:roll: