THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Theoperator »

Was it in a German paper though or UK? Clubs seem to be more telerant when not made to UK media.

If BFG looses the VC that would be a very unwise decision he has a great support in and out of the dressing room, more so than Jack.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

For damage limitation the next step for the Arsene plc team will be to send out a 'Wenger man,' Ramsey or Gibbs to give a press briefing (after the scruffy 2-1 win at Sunderland) underlining the 'solidarity' of the squad, and how they all have unstinting faith in the manager.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In that case they should send either BFG or Pods. :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Supagoon wrote:
I do agree that now we get more experienced players including players like welbeck who have played in successful teams, Arsene has got as much leverage like he has with Ramsey, Gibbs and Jack. Remember when jack said "if Arsene goes, I go".

When arsene goes :oops: I imagine they'll be lots of dirty laundry to be aired.
Pissed me off to no end when he said that. He can fuck right off as can other player in our squad who feels that way.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Jack can do one. I'll drive him to Heathrow myself.
Far as I'm concerned only Ramsey, Ozil and Alexis are worth keeping. Debuchy too needs a chance. Every single other member of this squad can do one specially Cazorla, Arteta, Sczsesney, Giroud and Captain Retard (Flamini)

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... cal-passed

The Alexis Sanchez "unrest " stories already begun. And we in October FFS.
He'll be in a Citeh shirt within a year and our fans will boo him and abuse him whilst Lord A-hole will get off Scott-free...
:roll:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

BAck to Arsenal, :wink: and in the Telegraph Smudger relates how great the invincibles were, Mentions (Headlines in fact)that the loss v Manure heralded the demise of the next ten years.

criticizes Wenger for being too loyal for Greats such as Eboue and Senderdross. Comments that the defenders in those days were large players & defended first and how Wenger went into tikki tappy in a big way

Not used to him being quite so sharp in his Wenger comments

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... cal-passed

The Alexis Sanchez "unrest " stories already begun. And we in October FFS.
He'll be in a Citeh shirt within a year and our fans will boo him and abuse him whilst Lord A-hole will get off Scott-free...
:roll:
There's nothing in the story that is attributed to him as a quote (even in Chile) but he's a top international footballer in the peak years of his career......so just in the way that Nasri, Cesc, and Van Persie did, he will put up with the glorious 4th placed trophy for so long before deciding to join a top club - its almost inevitable.

There's Only One talks forever about qualifying for the Be All and End All Boreathon League every year and smugly says "players do not ask - did you win the League Cup"......but for Grade A players like Alexis its perfectly clear that qualifying for 'that thing' is just a given. It might differentiate us from that shower up the road.....but Grade A players like him wouldn't dream of joining them anyway. Top players expect to be in top 2 in their domestic league and getting to last 8 of the CL every single season without fail......and every other year or so actually winning one of those competitions. The chance of that happening under There's Only One ended in 2008/09 when he allowed another team to break up too soon, as was the case post Invincibles. Good job we've such an ambitious owner with a proven record of winning sports franchises to gee him up :banghead:

The only good news will be that when the disgusting wig wearing *word censored* that is slowly killing our club sells up and slings his hook he will take There's Only One with him wherever he goes as he'll never meet another manager so willing to make him a consistent transfer profit year after year

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Totally agree SteveO. We all know what a joke Wenger is but that Kroenke is a cretin, a parasite, a leech!
I actually think, and don't laugh, that Gazidid is our only hope. It's clear for anyone that hears the rumours that Ivan hates Wenger and would dearly love to sack him. The only thing stopping Ivan from sacking Wenger is actually Kroenke IMO. Winning the FA cup in May was The worst thing that happened to this club and I can't believe most fans are so short-sighted they couldn't see it? Gazidis obviously signed Welbeck over his head, convinced he signed Ozil himself, Arshavin also a Gazidis deal...and what a coincidence that Sanchez was signed in Wenger's absence (yes was in Brazil but talking about concluding the deal, financials etc).
I actually would trust Gazidis to appoint a proper manager to succeed Lord A-hole, he could convince Klopp or Pep. Ppl say board are clueless (agree look at that mug "Sir " Fries) and it's true - Ivan knows a thing or two. He's just not being allowed to do his job fully. The new fitness coach Forsythe was another Gazidis chess move, Brady sacked after years of stale academy...you seriously think that was Wenger? Apparently Forsythe has been marginalised which makes sense when you look at comedy injury status at the club! :roll:

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

If Wenger goes, Jack goes? What a tantalising, mouth watering prospect.
I can see Jack in the no 10 shirt for Monaco - make it happen.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the inept fool gone yet? :cry:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

OneBardGooner wrote:Is the inept food gone yet? :cry:
:shock: :barscarf:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Totally agree SteveO. We all know what a joke Wenger is but that Kroenke is a cretin, a parasite, a leech!
I actually think, and don't laugh, that Gazidid is our only hope. It's clear for anyone that hears the rumours that Ivan hates Wenger and would dearly love to sack him. The only thing stopping Ivan from sacking Wenger is actually Kroenke IMO. Winning the FA cup in May was The worst thing that happened to this club and I can't believe most fans are so short-sighted they couldn't see it? Gazidis obviously signed Welbeck over his head, convinced he signed Ozil himself, Arshavin also a Gazidis deal...and what a coincidence that Sanchez was signed in Wenger's absence (yes was in Brazil but talking about concluding the deal, financials etc).
I actually would trust Gazidis to appoint a proper manager to succeed Lord A-hole, he could convince Klopp or Pep. Ppl say board are clueless (agree look at that mug "Sir " Fries) and it's true - Ivan knows a thing or two. He's just not being allowed to do his job fully. The new fitness coach Forsythe was another Gazidis chess move, Brady sacked after years of stale academy...you seriously think that was Wenger? Apparently Forsythe has been marginalised which makes sense when you look at comedy injury status at the club! :roll:
interesting, I think Ivan is either arsene's lackey, or arguably more likely, the oxford man is well aware that arsene is on self destruct and has been giving him enough rope to hang himself. There is still something mysterious about the welbeck transfer, and something tells me that wenger would have always considered the future of Sanogo of the utmost of importance when considering a striker.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Wenger was asked if it was the performance he wanted.
He mumbled an unrelated response about playing away in the CL and then playing away again. He obviously didn't listen to the question.