THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:44 pm
Gazidis should get absolutely hammered at that meeting later.
He should be asked what " catalyst for change" actually means, and since it hasnt happened why he is still in his job. :evil:
I'd love someone to stand up and say "Ivan, what has Arsene decided to let you say tonight?" :box: :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
He should be asked what " catalyst for change" actually means, and since it hasnt happened why he is still in his job. :evil:
You can ask him anything you want but what will that change . . . . .Nothing whatsoever ! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the ceeunt brown bread yet? :flag:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
I'd love someone to stand up and say "Ivan, what has Arsene decided to let you say tonight?" :box: :censored:
Now THAT would be funny but seriously he tried ,he really did but whip the sir chips down he got out manoeuvred.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Anyone following the Q&A with Ivan the Terrible on twatter?.

Gazidis says "we have a lack of unity at this club".

Yeah and giving a manager who the majority of the fanbase wanted gone a new contract is going to unify us?.

:roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Yeah and giving a manager who the majority of the fanbase wanted gone a new contract is going to unify us?.

Don't think the majority want him gone. The majority will still go every week and say nothing so how do we know what they think?

Their support is unconditional so the manager can do whatever he likes with little or no consequences.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Why do people beat themselves up with every little thing that the people who run the club say ?
Gazidis Job is to preside over the smooth running of the cash cow that is Arsenal football club and that's exactly what he does what he does.
He did try and unseat Wenger or at least to change him but he failed .
He's hardly likely to tell us what went on and how he got fucked over is he !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:45 pm

this is the point
and this is the simple reason why Wenger should not have got a new contract.
well that and the fact that he has been a failure in getting the club to even compete for the title over the past 13 years :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:36 am
Why do people beat themselves up with every little thing that the people who run the club say ?
Gazidis Job is to preside over the smooth running of the cash cow that is Arsenal football club and that's exactly what he does what he does.
To be honest, I think it is more the bulls**t he comes out with that annoys people. Things like "catalyst for change", "accountable to the fans" and "competing with Bayern" to name a few.

All statements to appease the supporters but no actual substance.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Man manager Wenger......

Stewart Robson talking about Sanchez leaving

“Arsene Wenger doesn’t like confrontation and anybody that might challenge him, or not agree with one or two of his decisions, he doesn’t like it and he doesn’t want anyone like that at his club,”

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

"We're looking for top-quality players," added Gazidis.

"We've got three times as many scouts as we had four years ago. I believe that to be a world-class football club, you've got to be world class off the pitch."

:D :D :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

To be honest, I think it is more the bulls**t he comes out with that annoys people. Things like "catalyst for change", "accountable to the fans" and "competing with Bayern" to name a few.
All statements to appease the supporters but no actual substance.
Very True Nick ,and done again last night ,I accept their lying and that they need to to protect the brand !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 am

"We've got three times as many scouts as we had four years ago. I believe that to be a world-class football club, you've got to be world class off the pitch."

Oh. Oh, I see. We were wrong all along. We thought you had to be world class on the pitch.

Hopefully we will now use this information from Ivan as a catalyst for change and employ 4 more physios, 3 more masseurs, 5 more doctors, 4 more lads to help Bouldy with the cones, 3 more cooks, 5 more groundsmen, and a few more of Wiggy's relatives in the Board room.

:suicide:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am
Redarmy wrote:

Oh. Oh, I see. We were wrong all along. We thought you had to be world class on the pitch.

Hopefully we will now use this information from Ivan as a catalyst for change and employ 4 more physios, 3 more masseurs, 5 more doctors, 4 more lads to help Bouldy with the cones, 3 more cooks, 5 more groundsmen, and a few more of Wiggy's relatives in the Board room.

Doesn't scan too well. Change the numbers and to the "12 days of xmas":

7 more physios,
6 more masseurs,
5 more doctors,
4 more lads to help Bouldy with the cones,
3 more cooks,
2 more groundsmen,
and a few more of Wiggy's relatives in the Board room.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am
Redarmy wrote:

Doesn't scan too well. Change the numbers and to the "12 days of xmas":

7 more physios,
6 more masseurs,
5 more doctors,
4 more lads to help Bouldy with the cones,
3 more cooks,
2 more groundsmen,
and a few more of Wiggy's relatives in the Board room.
:lol: :lol: