Hillsborough Report

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
skizz_b

Hillsborough Report

Post by skizz_b »

damning, damning stuff. the mousers are victims most of the time but the shit is really going to hit the fan for the fuzz now.

@LTraynorMirror: "I'm being told report will say blood alcohol level taken from survivors in hospital after Hillsborough without their knowledge, but alcohol played no part in disaster."

@LTraynorMirror: "Also hearing from report: If stricken fans had 0% alcohol, checks then made on police database for criminal history."

@LTraynorMirror: "In report, its alleged; Coroner questioned need for any post mortem as he said all died from same cause."

hopefully the families get some closure now - RIP the 96

flash gunner

Re: Hillsborough Report

Post by flash gunner »

Hope it can be closure

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I can sense a protest march.
I can sense another memorial
I can sense a day of remembrance
I can sense tribute t-shirts
I can sense a minutes silence
But most of all I can sense claims for compo

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

goonersid wrote:I can sense a protest march.

i agree especially the compo, bit -

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I just heard someone says today isnt justice its the start of justice...... So when does it end? When as sid says compensation is paid out?

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I understand what you are saying sid, but I would try to see how I would be feeling after 23 years of being blamed for such a loss of life.
Reports blamed the supporters of thieving from the dead, and the cover up that followed was despicable.

Fuck yeah. I would want all of the above and more.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Top Londoner wrote:

I understand what you are saying sid, but I would try to see how I would be feeling after 23 years of being blamed for such a loss of life.
Reports blamed the supporters of thieving from the dead, and the cover up that followed was despicable.

Fuck yeah. I would want all of the above and more.
Money wont bring them back or clear the supposed lies of 23 years. The truth is out and apologies from everyone involved plus convictions for individual policemen proved to have falsified evidence this should be the end of it

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

the families barely got enough compensation to pay for the funerals. several police officers got £1.2m shared between them because of the "trauma they had to witness" that they caused in the first place!!!

money shouldnt be the root of it, i cant help but think knowing what truly happened that day should be the closure they need.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

skizz_b wrote:the families barely got enough compensation to pay for the funerals. several police officers got £1.2m shared between them because of the "trauma they had to witness" that they caused in the first place!!!

money shouldnt be the root of it, i cant help but think knowing what truly happened that day should be the closure they need.
Exactly this was always what they campaigned for until now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

skizz_b wrote:the families barely got enough compensation to pay for the funerals. several police officers got £1.2m shared between them because of the "trauma they had to witness" that they caused in the first place!!!money shouldnt be the root of it, i cant help but think knowing what truly happened that day should be the closure they need.
Sorry but no. The cops played a role in it no doubt, but caused it? I would have thought the thousands of Mousers that turned up without tickets and proceeded to push their way in also played a fucking huge role in it. :roll: Shit they still do, let's not forget. :evil:

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Yorkshire Police should be made to pay for their cover up.

Criminal charges, not just financially.

Surely the Sun should apologise now & I think it's time for Murdoch to get the cheque book out again.

Let's hope old Maggie & her sidekick Moynahan get theirs as well.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Didnt the report (by Bishop of Liverpool) say the government weren't involved in the cover up? So why should Thatcher 'get hers'

and why should anyone get their chequebook out? Surely admission of blame and apologies should be enough?

REB

Post by REB »

no amount of money can cover the loss of a son/daughter, and anyone who thinks otherwise should be ashamed of themselves.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

DB10GOONER wrote:
skizz_b wrote:the families barely got enough compensation to pay for the funerals. several police officers got £1.2m shared between them because of the "trauma they had to witness" that they caused in the first place!!!money shouldnt be the root of it, i cant help but think knowing what truly happened that day should be the closure they need.
Sorry but no. The cops played a role in it no doubt, but caused it? I would have thought the thousands of Mousers that turned up without tickets and proceeded to push their way in also played a fucking huge role in it. :roll: Shit they still do, let's not forget. :evil:
yes the fans shouldnt have turned up with tickets but let's not forget that

1. the police chose to open the gates, flooding the terrace; and

2. police told the ambulance service not to drive onto the pitch because the liverpool fans were "fighting" which they werent. had they been allowed to help a lot of lives could have been saved

think what i was getting at is that the loss of life would have been less severe had some of their decisions been different, but then again if half the scousers didnt turn up without tickets...

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Two statistics that stand out from it all

41 people could potentially have been saved had they been given medical attention at the time
116 witness statements were changed because they reflected on the police negatively

For all the other conjencture about what else happened that day and in the immediate aftermath those are both absolutely shocking and those responsible need to be brought to justice.