Arsenal v Olympiakos

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Arsenal v Olympiakos

Post by Chippy »

Have to return to winning ways for this one. 6 again would be nice. Especially as it's my first game of the season. :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Re: Arsenal v Olympiakos

Post by Top Londoner »

You in the clock end again Chippy?
Take your i-phone and get a pic

:-P

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Top Londoner wrote:You in the clock end again Chippy?

Family enclosure with Chippy Jnr. I assume that was a dig that you think I don't go to games. Suit yourself.

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

This will end as a draw and Giroud will get the winner.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Chippy wrote:

Family enclosure with Chippy Jnr. I assume that was a dig that you think I don't go to games. Suit yourself.

No mate, no dig. You posted sometime back that you were at a game and was in a pic after a goal. Or I was drunk and thought it up. :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:

No mate, no dig. You posted sometime back that you were at a game and was in a pic after a goal. Or I was drunk and thought it up. :wink:
I was in the video of the TH12 goal v Leeds. The camera panned round on the crowd for a v embarrassing shot. Sorry for being so sensitive.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Chippy wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:

I was in the video of the TH12 goal v Leeds. The camera panned round on the crowd for a v embarrassing shot. Sorry for being so sensitive.

No worries mate. DB10 and flashgunner have been menstruating this week too. Must be a mod thing. :oops:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
Chippy wrote:

No worries mate. DB10 and flashgunner have been menstruating this week too. Must be a mod thing. :oops:
I stopped menstruating a long time ago. Just an old woman! :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The CL group stage.....and those unfamiliar opponents Olympiakos

Oh goody good - I haven't been so fucking excited since the last England friendly

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

SteveO 35 wrote:The CL group stage.....and those unfamiliar opponents Olympiakos

Oh goody good - I haven't been so fucking excited since the last England friendly

Excited @ England friendlies????
Not since I was in my early twenties....... 8)
In fact, GB women friendlies are more appealing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Top Londoner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:The CL group stage.....and those unfamiliar opponents Olympiakos

Excited @ England friendlies????
Not since I was in my early twenties....... 8)
In fact, GB women friendlies are more appealing.
Agree. My issue is that the CL group stage is a similar such bore. Undoubtedly we'll progress through this snoozefest of a group (spread over almost 3 months.....zzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzz), and maybe be lucky enough to get a modest runner-up in the last 16 before an inevitable dicking when we draw any of the top half a dozen clubs

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Agree. My issue is that the CL group stage is a similar such bore. Undoubtedly we'll progress through this snoozefest of a group (spread over almost 3 months.....zzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzz), and maybe be lucky enough to get a modest runner-up in the last 16 before an inevitable dicking when we draw any of the top half a dozen clubs
:lol: you make it sound so predictable. Although I predict you'll be proved dead right!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote: Agree. My issue is that the CL group stage is a similar such bore. Undoubtedly we'll progress through this snoozefest of a group (spread over almost 3 months.....zzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzz), and maybe be lucky enough to get a modest runner-up in the last 16 before an inevitable dicking when we draw any of the top half a dozen clubs
Massively. Truth is I don't really give a fuck if we do get a poor result because there's so many shit teams in CL group stages that we'll inevitably qualify again, and to a lesser extent we'll end up getting a dicking further down the line anyway.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Does anyone else find the atmosphere generated by fans of Greek and Turkish teams to be both annoying and monotonous?

They are clearly very passionate. But it seems to me that what they mainly do during a match is a lot of jumping up and down creating a repetitive and tuneless noise that bears no resemblance to what's happening on the pitch. Often they're not even looking at the pitch. And unlike a good British atmosphere they dont seem to influence what happens on the pitch the way the noise they generate should do.

I love a good atmosphere under the lights but fans of team like Olympiacos get on my bloody nerves :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Clash wrote:Does anyone else find the atmosphere generated by fans of Greek and Turkish teams to be both annoying and monotonous?

They are clearly very passionate. But it seems to me that what they mainly do during a match is a lot of jumping up and down creating a repetitive and tuneless noise that bears no resemblance to what's happening on the pitch. Often they're not even looking at the pitch. And unlike a good British atmosphere they dont seem to influence what happens on the pitch the way the noise they generate should do.

I love a good atmosphere under the lights but fans of team like Olympiacos get on my bloody nerves :banghead:
Bit like Leeds' away support then?

Agree though, I guess it's different cultures but I just feel like the passion could be channelled so much better.