Arsenal v Olympiakos

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

Re: Arsenal v Olympiakos

Post by Babatunde »

Cockerill's chin wrote:You're out of your depth sunshine. FOYS

I couldn't get down tonight so had to watch at home. Come on here to get fellow gooner feedback and read his fraud shit again. It's not about the match it just venim.

Now I'll do as I said and ignore the cowardly scum.
Hardtalk! Bet your teddy bear's running scared of you....

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Babatunde wrote:
Cockerill's chin wrote:You're out of your depth sunshine. FOYS

I couldn't get down tonight so had to watch at home. Come on here to get fellow gooner feedback and read his fraud shit again. It's not about the match it just venim.

Now I'll do as I said and ignore the cowardly scum.
Hardtalk! Bet your teddy bear's running scared of you....

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Chippy wrote:Leaving soon. Hoping for at least 3 goals for the Arsenal tonight.
Get in!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I've got real doubts over Koscielny and Vermaelen as a partnership, hardly dispelled tonight. They just don't seem to work too well together: even if they both have good games it seems to be more individually than us being solid as a unit with them. Don't know if it's that they're too similar and both like trying to win the ball and are susceptible to getting dragged out of position by roving forwards. I just like the stability Mertesacker brings to the defence, always have, even when he wasn't doing that well last season at some points.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

After watching them tonight 1 of them has to be dropped for sats game if the BFG is available

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Not sure that was worth the effort of going. The highlight for me was the annoying couple next to us who arrived late and left early both halves and missed 2 of the goals. :-P

Jenko MOTM by a country mile. Sagna's going to struggle to get back in the side.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:After watching them tonight 1 of them has to be dropped for sats game if the BFG is available
That should have been the case anyway given how Mertesacker's played. Tonight (and indeed the way Kos defended the Chelsea goals) reinforces that. The basis of a competitive squad is that people are picked based on how they're performing, and Per was performing fucking well. It's great to have a few world class players but if people are doing the business in the shirt they should keep it on their back, and besides we don't have that luxury (and certainly haven't had in defence for a while!).

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

northbank123 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:After watching them tonight 1 of them has to be dropped for sats game if the BFG is available
That should have been the case anyway given how Mertesacker's played. Tonight (and indeed the way Kos defended the Chelsea goals) reinforces that. The basis of a competitive squad is that people are picked based on how they're performing, and Per was performing fucking well. It's great to have a few world class players but if people are doing the business in the shirt they should keep it on their back, and besides we don't have that luxury (and certainly haven't had in defence for a while!).

As far as i know per came down with a virus this morning

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

That's what the mail says.

How did Jenkinson play ?

Hodge son was there to watch him allegedly.

A bit ironic if one of Arsenals most inconsistent defences ends up providing the LB & RB for England.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Babatunde wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
MM99 wrote:
Cockerill's chin wrote:This is my last post on Baba, but the way this forum panders to his shit is embarrassing.

The dick is a coward, he wants to constantly slag off Arsenal but pretends to support them so he doesn't have to defend his true colours. Nothing but venim from him and contradicting bullshit:

Podolski was shit in German league so ignore his national record
Giroud has a shit national record so ignore his French league medal
He's watched Girooud for a year at Montpellier but doesbn'tknow when he's playing for Arsenal.
Slags off people posting stats but posts his own bizarre and bullshit ones

Tonight Baba was watching the Manc Arabs rather than the Arsenal. What's worst is that some genuine posters on here are so ready to agree with anything not AKB they join in with a spud slagging off Arsenal constantly. Embarrassing for an Arsenal forum.
Once again that :censored: takes over a thread. Just ignore the spud bastard. Everyone seems to have an obsession with him.
Indeed! If by 'taking over a thread' you mean, I posted valid comments about a match in which Arsenal looked rubbish in, whilst being defensively all at sea, lacking cohesion in midfield and looking toothless up front; then yes. That is 'taking over a thread'.

I prefer to think however instead, that those who ruined the thread were the numpties unable to refute any of my arguments in a remotely erudite manner, instead resorting to comical teenage tantrums because I was all howwible about my fave heroes aaaaaw how Precious....Like I said. Bitch all you like, I will continue to give my opinion.

I think Arsenal looked abysmal tonight, and their 'defending' for the Olympiakos goal - so soon after the disastrous aerial defending home to Chelski on the weekend, was a farce. Olympiakos were decimated by injury and still managed to find their way through Arsenal time, and time again. That's appalling. Don't like it? Lump it.
You say erudite and yet you seem unable to be so yourself, when all of your posts be they (what you claim to be) Facts/Stats are anything but, all of your posts are laced with negativity and puerile attempts at humour, but are simply low base insults intended to either get a hostile reaction or make the person not bother replying - which they often do simply because they know you are on the wind-up and they are sensible enough to not bother wasting energy on any further 'interaction'.
Calling you names and sending insults your way doesn't work in the way they intend because you 'enjoy' that.

What you post you refer to as 'Opinions, but there is a difference between a opinion and just repeating the same insults and tired argument without reasoned logic or heartfelt passion in a way that demonstrates you know what you are talking about and why it is you hold a particular viewpoint.

You were banned before for insulting other posters, and when you returned, you seemed to be able to post without slipping into that (the lowest form of wit - which by some is said to be sarcasm - but that seems too high brow for yourself).

If respect is shown, respect will be returned, and yet you seem intent on behaving like a child and doing all you can to elicit hostile reaction, you also appear to be under the illusion that you have some kind of 'cult' status for going against the grain on here, but that is not what you do or what you are about. You simply enjoy the attention, which is sad and to be pitied.

And so once again you have for the umpteenth time proven incapable of debating with reasoned argument and so resort to name calling, which is what is usually expected of someone either with a low IQ, low self-esteem or simply a person who has yet to reach maturity.

I gave up reading your posts (and the ripostes to them) a while ago. I came on here to night - having missed the game due to work commitments, hoping for some clues as to how the game went, and all I see is the usual negativity and conflict surrounding your posts.

In the past when you presented what you are 'Statistics' suspiciously look as if they have been choreographed or manipulated to suit your agenda.

It really is time for you to grow a pair, act like an adult and be part of the Gooner Community on here.

(Yes, I know you will dismiss all this, but (again) as I have said before if you care as you say you do, then use your knowledge and passion to inform, debate and educate not snipe and bitch) If you truly love and care about The Arsenal, as all others on here do (in their own way) then surely it is beneficial to everyone (Me, You and All Others) if you stop acting childish and start putting your opinions forward in an adult and articulate manner, the majority on here detest what has been done to and is still being done to OUR Football Club, but we try and find a way to express that in ways that (besides the banter) vent without constantly and continually turning on one another and saying things with one intention and one intention only to be a Wind Up.

:barscarf: U.T.A :barscarf:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

That's what the mail says.

How did Jenkinson play ?

Hodge son was there to watch him allegedly.

A bit ironic if one of Arsenals most inconsistent defences ends up providing the LB & RB for England.
I was wondering that myself...he just seems to be improving with every game...still has much to learn, but gives his absolute all. What I find interesting/funny is that when he played his first game for us (last season) when mancscum shat all over us - I remember see Feo slagging him of etc throughout the game - even though Feo was supposed to be a (more) senior squad member and should have been supportive, and yet now Jenko is getting regular games (admittedly because Bacs is injured) and Feo is doing quite a lot of bench warming :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Thoughts:

I think there is a "bug" going round the squad.

Metesacker was not on the bench so could well have been ill, and Coquelin was ill at the weekend.

The Ox was very poor tonight, timing and accuracy off. Would not surprise me if he was coming down with that bug.

Coquelin looked like a player recovering from illness, I like him but he was sloppy tonight, though put in hard work to win the ball back.

Podolski looks a touch tired, needs a game off.

Cazorla is the business but can improve his shooting; he must not be overused and injured in the way Cesc was played into the ground.

Giroud looks a few months away from full form, but making progress as he acclimatises.

Theo should have come on earlier, his pace was missed.

Wenger has to think hard about Vermaelen as a starter and what that implies, but maybe he can be used in midfield?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

One bard - jenko has got the hunger that feo will never have. Bould, Dixon and nutty all came up from lower leagues.

Pod always looks tired. 4 goals in 6 though.

Forehead is 5 in 5 . Shocker.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Pold's never made full 90' for us, that indicates to me that he's been a bit of form from the season beginning. His influence dropped a bit in the last couple of games, he's looking increasingly tired indeed. Hopefully he'll have a shadow injury to get dropped from the German squad.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

QuartzGooner wrote:Thoughts:

I think there is a "bug" going round the squad.

Metesacker was not on the bench so could well have been ill, and Coquelin was ill at the weekend.

The Ox was very poor tonight, timing and accuracy off. Would not surprise me if he was coming down with that bug.

Coquelin looked like a player recovering from illness, I like him but he was sloppy tonight, though put in hard work to win the ball back.

Podolski looks a touch tired, needs a game off.

Cazorla is the business but can improve his shooting; he must not be overused and injured in the way Cesc was played into the ground.

Giroud looks a few months away from full form, but making progress as he acclimatises.

Theo should have come on earlier, his pace was missed.

Wenger has to think hard about Vermaelen as a starter and what that implies, but maybe he can be used in midfield?

Thought the same thing myself when I heard why Mert wasn't in the squad, that's several of our players have gone down recently, seemed to start in the week leading up to the City game when TV was ruled out due to illness and it's seems to have been doing the rounds since, if it is one of those stomach bugs that would explain a lot, as the negative effects can linger!