Rubbish Football Chants

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
This Is The Daybreak

Rubbish Football Chants

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Just occurred to me yesterday how much I hate 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' when West Ham were singing it, what other football chants do you hate from the opposition and of our own.

-'Oh when the spurs go marching in' (at that stupidly slow speed, it doesn't make a good atmosphere, it makes them sound like idiots)

-She said no Robin (yes he's a twat but singing this reduces us to the mentality of Spurs and Chelsea fans)

-We know what we are, Champions of Europe (Yes also include you'll never ever get any respect from Europe because of who you are, what you represent and how you go about things)

-Yanited (Just annoying, in fact I hate it when anyone refers to them just as 'United'..like we're meant to know that you're automatically referring to Manchester United and not Leeds United, Sheffield United, Rotherham United etc)

-Yorkshire Yorkshire (again just annoying, imagine if we sung London London London all the way through games)

I think our fans refer to hating and singing about Tottenham a bit too much as well, there is no need to sing 'We hate Tottenham' in the San Siro.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Re: Rubbish Football Chants

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Same old X, always cheating

X=name of football club

Generic and cliche

Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Any fucking Sloop Fucking john B tuned songs. Unoriginal and shit. :banghead:

I think out of the top clubs we have the worst set of songs tbf. :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

by far the greatest team the world has ever seen :?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

This Is The Daybreak wrote:Just occurred to me yesterday how much I hate 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' when West Ham were singing it, what other football chants do you hate from the opposition and of our own.

-'Oh when the spurs go marching in' (at that stupidly slow speed, it doesn't make a good atmosphere, it makes them sound like idiots)

-She said no Robin (yes he's a twat but singing this reduces us to the mentality of Spurs and Chelsea fans)

-We know what we are, Champions of Europe (Yes also include you'll never ever get any respect from Europe because of who you are, what you represent and how you go about things)

-Yanited (Just annoying, in fact I hate it when anyone refers to them just as 'United'..like we're meant to know that you're automatically referring to Manchester United and not Leeds United, Sheffield United, Rotherham United etc)

-Yorkshire Yorkshire (again just annoying, imagine if we sung London London London all the way through games)

I think our fans refer to hating and singing about Tottenham a bit too much as well, there is no need to sing 'We hate Tottenham' in the San Siro.
So what's made you angry, bitter and twisted today then?!?!?

augie

Post by augie »

REB wrote:by far the greatest team the world has ever seen :?

We used to be but apparently Bradford are now (heard them singing it at villa park tues night :lol: )

silus

Post by silus »

Marching on together......Leeds

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

- Any Sloop John B chants
- Any 7 Nation Army chants. "Ohhhhh Santi Cazorla!" :banghead: Fuck off.
- *Insert shit northern manager's name here* Barmy Army!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Dan_85 wrote:- Any Sloop John B chants
- Any 7 Nation Army chants. "Ohhhhh Santi Cazorla!" :banghead: Fuck off.
- *Insert shit northern manager's name here* Barmy Army!
Ok "Arsene Wenger's barmy army"

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
This Is The Daybreak wrote:Just occurred to me yesterday how much I hate 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' when West Ham were singing it, what other football chants do you hate from the opposition and of our own.

So what's made you angry, bitter and twisted today then?!?!?
Nothing, just enjoy a rant from time to time :barscarf:

goonerus28

Post by goonerus28 »

"Arsenal FC we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" is the worst by a country mile.
I've to admit that our home support is the most embarassing in the whole league.

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

That 'he scores when he wants chant' really gets on my tits. It suggests to me that a player scoring when he wants would choose to miss chances when they could have scored. Is that just me, or have I over analysed this chant?

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

Most songs are shit now, unfortunately most of our fans only know "greatest team" or the two songs with just "arsenal" in it, it's cringey really. Yeah Swansea overuse them quite a bit but "hymns and arias" and "swansea o swansea" are quality songs and unique to them that no one else sings it.

"champions of europe, you know what we are" from Chavski 100 times a game is cringey, as Dan said "oh santi cazorla" is shocking. "We support our local team" from teams such as Newcastle and Leeds who have a massive country-wide fanbase. "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" stand up for 5 seconds then back down again.

Barry Bastard

Post by Barry Bastard »

That shite Celic, Everton & Totscum song called grand old team or something. It's enough to make your heart go woh-oh-oh-oh. Wot the fuk is that supposed to mean?

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

we need a btr song for jack rather than super jack :banghead: :banghead: