Sicknote out? [Rosicky to be sold?]

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
spendsum4uckingmoney

Sicknote out? [Rosicky to be sold?]

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Talkshite are talking about a 2m move to Olympicaos. To that I say do it do it do it!

He has had a couple of decent cameos but lbh he has never been world class and hes a crock. AW should have got rid a long time ago. We need players who can actually play.

VoiceOfReason

Re: Sicknote out?

Post by VoiceOfReason »

It's laughable that we're even discussing this in 2013, quite frankly.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

He's a decent player that's worth more then 2m imo, even with his age and injury record. Rosicky has played his part in the last two seasons, having an experienced player like him to come into the side when the first 11 is starting to flag and injuries are totting up gave us an edge over spurs. However, as with most of our squad players his wages probably eat into his transfer fee potential.

I'm not necessarily against selling him but I don't want him gone if he's just going to be replaced by "internal solutions".

REB

Post by REB »

I like rosicky I really do but there's no point in having players like him around if he's going to be just a reserve, I would take the money and wish the guy well.

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

great player, afc play with more pace and are much more attacking with him in the midfield.

keep him and play him more often imo.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree with Reb - not a bad player or out of his depth but no point in having him as a luxury when he spends 80% of the season injured and then 20% of the season as a fringe player.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

I think he is a decent player who can still offer a lot for us. There are plenty of other f*#kwits I would rather get shot of before him.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

If you wondered what Tomas Rosicky did with his 18 months on the sidelines, the answer came at the Czech player of the year awards in Prague.
The Arsenal star may be more comfortable pulling the strings in midfield, but he showed a growing talent for strumming them too when jumping up on stage to play with punk band Tri Sestry (that's Three Sisters to me and you).
Rosicky honed his guitar skills while recovering from a rare hamstring tendon injury.
Well, at least it wasn't all a waste of time for him with us :barscarf: :lol:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

REB wrote:I like rosicky I really do but there's no point in having players like him around if he's going to be just a reserve, I would take the money and wish the guy well.
Hold on, we're constantly told that it's a squad game these days and many posters on here, myself included, bemoan the fact that our squad does not have enough depth in terms of quality. Well Rosicky is one of the few squad players that have any kind of experience and quality. If we sell him now then I bet come march time when a couple of midfielders get niggles we'll be shoehorning Coquelin into the side which is a step backwards however you look at it.

This is possibly the last opportunity for the money men to get some cash for Rosicky so I can see this deal happening. What would be funny is if they take their 2 million, fail to replace and a lack of genuine squad depth costs them 30m and the VT.

ClockEndNick

Re: Sicknote out? [Rosicky to be sold?]

Post by ClockEndNick »

--
Last edited by ClockEndNick on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I hope whoever buys Rosicknote has a big treatment table.But who is going to buy a player who will miss half the season?

REB

Post by REB »

LDB wrote:
REB wrote:I like rosicky I really do but there's no point in having players like him around if he's going to be just a reserve, I would take the money and wish the guy well.
Hold on, we're constantly told that it's a squad game these days and many posters on here, myself included, bemoan the fact that our squad does not have enough depth in terms of quality. Well Rosicky is one of the few squad players that have any kind of experience and quality. If we sell him now then I bet come march time when a couple of midfielders get niggles we'll be shoehorning Coquelin into the side which is a step backwards however you look at it.

This is possibly the last opportunity for the money men to get some cash for Rosicky so I can see this deal happening. What would be funny is if they take their 2 million, fail to replace and a lack of genuine squad depth costs them 30m and the VT.
I take your point but rosicky missed large chunks of every season he has been at the arsenal so is it worth keeping him :?:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Rosicknote and Diaby are perfect examples of players who should be on pay as you play contracts.I dont think even Rosicknotes biggest fans could argue with that.My problem with Rosicknote isnt he is not a good player but he is never on the pitch long enough.As for Diaby he's just shite injured or fit

markyp

Post by markyp »

after being shot down in the Kos thread just for having and opinion on Nasri I shall now conform to site policy on players exiting or exited Arsenal,Rosicky is gash,was never any good,obviuosly a money grabber,arsenes worst signing and could never ever play.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal look a far more dynamic side with him in it, problem is he rarely is due to being second only to peanut head on the sicknote front.

I'd bite their hands off for 2 million quid. No room for sentiment, adios.