Royal Baby/Prince George

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

Royal Baby/Prince George

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Hoorah!!!
Yet another snout appears at the trough,that I/we have to go to work again tomorrow to pay for....GREAT!!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

northbank123

Re: Royal Baby

Post by northbank123 »

If you don't care then why start a thread on it?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yet another toff who will get a private education - look like fecking arkle - unless he follows his mother - living off the backs of the prolls hard earned money - paying no taxes and living the life of riley! :roll: :banghead: :cussing:

btw who's the father ? :mrgreen:

augie

Post by augie »

I was actually going to start a thread about this subject cos I am keen to know how the English/british people feel about the hoopla surrounding this "big event" :rubchin:

As an Irishman looking in from the outside I would view the media coverage and the crowds of ordinary people out celebrating at buck palace as quite sad and amusing really but royalty isn't a part of our heritage so maybe I would feel differently if it was. I have always felt that their life of privilege is a disgrace for the ordinary working man who is overpaying taxes to keep them in the life they have become accustomed to but I have family in England who argue that the amount of money they bring in through tourism would pay for their "expenses". I know that my missus has had sky news on all day trying to keep up to date with the whole thing and it was winding me up so much that I ran her out of the kitchen at lunchtime telling her that I was watching the Arsenal match instead - I had fcuk all interest in the game but it was better than watching some *word censored* practically orgasaming in her knickers reporting the news outside the hospital :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If you're taking the Queen - and immediate family - in isolation then the self-funding tourism debate holds some weight. Not that it's really an economic argument.

The Queen is in theory stupidly rich but then again it's not exactly accessible to her. She may live a life of great privilege (eating great food, drinking great wine, watching great spectacles) but on the other hand she has spent seven decades being a public servant. Whatever your view on the monarchy you can't deny the joy that her visit brings to most that she comes into contact with. I remember seeing a stat from a few years ago and despite being over 80 she averaged over one function a day - she spends pretty much her whole life in the middle of a circus travelling from school to town hall etc.

I fully understand how it appears to be an outdated and archaic concept - born from the idea that the people who happen to be on the throne at the time were chosen by God and are more worthy than all others - but for me it's part of our history and culture even though those values don't really resonate any more. Everybody moans about politicians and leaders in other fields such as law and commerce - so I think it's good to have a national figure/institution that the vast majority of people hold positive feelings towards.

I have no problem with the Queen given that her wealth isn't really tangible to her and the tremendous amount she does to give back to the country. What I do have a problem with is the Earl of Dickhead, 68th in line to the throne, who never has to lift a finger in his life in return for great wealth and privilege. The monarch and immediate family is a different story for me.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The anti-monarchy argument smacks of hypocrisy.
The aristocracy is mostly people who hustled their way into wealth and power over the years, a few worked their way up too.
Most people on here and in society would do the same thing if possible.
Can't knock the hustle.

The royals bring in tourist cash, and they work very hard.
Prince William has an honest job in search and rescue, good luck to him.
The Queen of course has immense wealth, but has a life of duty with pressures of it's own.
Sure, Prince Phillip can be a rude git at times but then so can many blokes in many pubs the length and breadth of the land.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

WE down under couldn't give a flying fuck.

ahem. :D

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:If you don't care then why start a thread on it?
Because I am fed up with the wall to wall brown-nosing,fawning,"Isn't it fantastic news",bullshit across the media.
It seems as if no dissenting voices are allowed,and any viewpoint other than the default,"It's great for the Nation",is looked upon as some sort of unpatriotic disloyalty.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Because I am fed up with the wall to wall brown-nosing,fawning,"Isn't it fantastic news",bullshit across the media.
It seems as if no dissenting voices are allowed,and any viewpoint other than the default,"It's great for the Nation",is looked upon as some sort of unpatriotic disloyalty.
Agree 100%. To me it's just another lump on the taxpayers already heavy burdened shoulders. All these people who camp outside Buck House are the same who lined the streets crying, for the funeral of Diana, as if they know them personally! For me, I much preferred it when the whole institution was crumbling around their feet. Then the PR machine fired up, and now they are the 'nation's favourites' again. Untold divorces, mystery surrounding Diana's death (some would say murder, me included), bastard offspring and the old racist buffoon, Phil the Greek as well! Got no time for any of them!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Yeah it's plastered all over BBC but social media is filled with people sharing the same views as yours - not sure where you've got this idea that you're being censored from.

Just strikes me as a bit odd that somebody who is supposedly sick to death about the story would then choose to start a discussion thread about it...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If you go far enough back into history - The royal family inherited their position/s and power from ancestor's who weren't shy of murder, and any other criminal act you can think of....that could be said of many an ancestral line...but their ancestor's did it purely for Power, Greed and ...well Power & Greed really.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

:D

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Yeah it's plastered all over BBC but social media is filled with people sharing the same views as yours - not sure where you've got this idea that you're being censored from.

Just strikes me as a bit odd that somebody who is supposedly sick to death about the story would then choose to start a discussion thread about it...
I Never mentioned the word "Censored" I know it's spitting in the Ocean,but I just wanted to put an alternative view.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:Image

:D
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I don't get this obsession with a family of Greek/German tax dodgers you lot have... :lol:

In all seriousness though I find the concept of royalty offensive and arcane. Any royalty, not just yours. How any self respecting adult can grovel and fawn at the feet of some spoiled idiot that has achieved that status through nothing more than an accident of birth is beyond me. When I see these idiots welling up as they parp on about the Queen I just feel embarrassed for them tbh. Show some fucking dignity you crawling sad sacks of shite! :x

Also whoever mentioned that one of them has a job? Umm... I wonder how many of his colleagues go home to a mansion/palace paid for by the tax payer? :roll: :wink:

For me any interest in royalty would be limited to historical value. So you should disband the fuckers and just let tourists tour their now empty gaffs. 8)