Prem league fixtures Sept28-30/Champs League Match day 2

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Prem league fixtures Sept28-30/Champs League Match day 2

Post by topgoon »

Who's the co-commentator for BT, sounds half asleep.

Poor game so far. Same old story with these early kick offs, unless there's an early goal they usually take a while to get going.

And there t is, scum1-0 chavs.
Last edited by topgoon on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VoiceOfReason

Re: Premier league fixtures Sept28-30

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Chelsea on course to lose 4 out of 6 in all competitions, if the result stays the same.

kite

Post by kite »

Chelsea won't finish top4. Mark my words 8)

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Chelsea are fucking toilet.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Why the hell is Ramirez not carded for that w**ker Dean normally gives us cards for less

kite

Post by kite »

Mike Dean is such a loser :oops: :lol:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

I am amazed at the sheer ordinariness of the chavs in this game, it's like they're going through the motions

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

topgoon wrote:I am amazed at the sheer ordinariness of the chavs in this game, it's like they're going through the motions
They were pretty terrible against Fulham at home last week too (especially in the first half). I assumed that with Mourinho back they'd be title contenders, but it doesn't look like it.

kite

Post by kite »

Mourinho doesn't look so special to me since he joined Real Madrid.
He should start Mata and he shouldn't have loaned Lukaku or should've bought a top striker. Not sure if Lampard should still start games against top opposition aswell.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

More scum players booked for diving, there's a shock

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Well, I'm happy that NotSoSpecialOne is losing again, but on the other hand, Spuds are winning which is worse.
This should end as a draw :barscarf: :barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
topgoon wrote:I am amazed at the sheer ordinariness of the chavs in this game, it's like they're going through the motions
They were pretty terrible against Fulham at home last week too (especially in the first half). I assumed that with Mourinho back they'd be title contenders, but it doesn't look like it.
I saw that game too and I don't get it.

They have a team that should not be playing as poorly as they are, yes they lack strikers but they have enough to not be so poor in the middle of the field. If he doesn't sort this game out, they will lose it.

To be 5pts behind the scum in September is not that big a deal but there is a long way till Jan transfer window and he can't afford too many defeats. They still have Shitty and us to play before Xmas.

Bringing on Mata will help offensively but he needs Hazard to help out on the left a bit more vibrating mobile phone lover has been left alone to deal with Walker and Townsend a few too many times.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

That was almost the old Torres....the old Torres would have lifted the ball over lloris before he gets to it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If they had a class striker - it would be a different story completely. If they're struggling to stick the ball in the net up top then the rest of their side is going to get scrutinised. Whilst he's surprised just about everybody with his use (or not) of Mata it would be a non-story and we'd be focusing on how ruthless, miserly Chelsea are back given their defensive record if they had a striker who had bagged 4 or 5 PL goals so far.

There is no stand-out team and I would even say nobody nailed on to last the pace in the title race (although I'd say Citeh are very preliminary front-runners) for the first time in donkeys years, but the difference imo will come down to how often the likes of van Persie, Rooney, Aguero etc are able to drag their team through a poor performance to 3 points.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Pat Nevin - "You know that guy Fernando Torres that used to play for Liverpool? He's turned up again in the last couple of weeks. He's looking very strong, playing at great pace."

Fucking laughable how many times Torres doing one or two things right in a game has signalled his apparent rebirth. I'm not saying the bloke is completely finished or whatever but I thought we were done with the media latching onto the slightest things to suggest he's back to his best days.