Newcastle away fans deal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chips and Chocolate

Newcastle away fans deal

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 67482.html

Hopefully we take them up on this offer

Dan_85

Re: Newcastle away fans deal

Post by Dan_85 »

Now we get to find out whether AFC really care about the fans, by accepting the offer, or if they're more concerned with making as much money as they can.

Place your bets!

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Great initiative and (gets ready to wash his mouth out) fair play to the black and white bastards for backing it, hope all the clubs join in. Its certainly a lot better than many other initiatives I've seen recently - SAFC are giving £5 off certain away game tickets (like Swansea) but a) a fiver makes very little difference really when a day out will probably cost you £100+ and b) I fully expect teams to simply raise their prices by a fiver (or more), knowing that other clubs will subsidise it. £20 is more than enough for an away ticket, about time clubs started doing something for those that spend thousands of pounds a year following their clubs.

Post by 1989 »

Fair play to Newcastle.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

safcftm wrote:SAFC are giving £5 off certain away game tickets (like Swansea) but a) a fiver makes very little difference really when a day out will probably cost you £100+
Arsenal are offering £2.50 off away tickets, which after booking fees actually amounts to a discount of roughly 80p per ticket :roll: Thanks a lot.

happydude

Post by happydude »

fair play to newcastle,be very interesting to see how many clubs do the same.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Dan_85 wrote:
safcftm wrote:SAFC are giving £5 off certain away game tickets (like Swansea) but a) a fiver makes very little difference really when a day out will probably cost you £100+
Arsenal are offering £2.50 off away tickets, which after booking fees actually amounts to a discount of roughly 80p per ticket :roll: Thanks a lot.
Maybe they misread it as £2.00 off rather than £20 total, thought they were being generous with the extra 50p :banghead: :banghead:

Away supporters are treated pretty badly all too often, I still miss them being behing one goal, I understand the reasonings but looses the spirit somehow by moving them

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Theoperator wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:
Maybe they misread it as £2.00 off rather than £20 total, thought they were being generous with the extra 50p :banghead: :banghead:

Away supporters are treated pretty badly all too often, I still miss them being behing one goal, I understand the reasonings but looses the spirit somehow by moving them
Agreed, I hate having the away fans shoved in the upper tier. Apparently having the whole lower bowl full of SAFC fans will give us a better chance of winning. Mint plan, but now we lose every fucking home game and the atmosphere's shit! Away supporters are badly treated, currently they have to be charged no more than the home fans (in a comparable area) but I'd like to see them charged less (like the £20), makes up very slightly for all the transport costs etc.

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Do you reckon theres any chance this will drop to reds?

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Daycat wrote:Do you reckon theres any chance this will drop to reds?
You never know. Normally I would say no but with it being so close to Christmas and NYE you might have a chance.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Daycat wrote:Do you reckon theres any chance this will drop to reds?
It depends on our league position, but I would think it will go to Red/General Sale with this being the early Sunday kickoff during holiday season.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

The cost of Manchester City's away games this season will be halved after everyone at the club put their own money in to help subsidise the matches.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-6164183

But don't worry, Arsenal are offering us 80p off :roll: :lol: Not even out of their own money either...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Although the price of our tickets for Cat A away fans is ridiculous even worse are the prices charged by clubs like Fulham. Even at Wolves I went to a shithole of a city to watch a game in a dump of the ground and they ruined the away atmosphere by spreading the away fans along the entire length of the pitch so that it was only 13 rows deep, and they charged £38 whereas we charged them £33 in the return game to come to a city with far higher costs for just about everything, to watch a good football team and come to a stadium that shits all over theirs.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Norwich fans only paid £12.50 for stoke away, and its only £25 for them when they come to us soon, yet it was £50 to go to Norwich last season!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lets hope Newcastles offer will be taken up by all and spread around to all .
Arsenal will do the least unless they are shamed into action by City !
The faces of the shylocks have changed but their mantra remains the same,"Fleece the punter !"