Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:24 am
what is happening at Man Utd right now is what happened to us back in about 2008.
took us another TEN years to get rid of Wenger. Utd won't take 6 months.
this is the annoying thing, the pressure on them to oust mourinho three months into the season afer finishing 2nd will be ten times greater than the pressure on us to get rid of wenger at any time during his tenure :roll: :banghead:
And that is why I have always maintained that Wenger was only ever the symptom but Wiggy Marsupial Features and the Lizard and the Board are the disease. A proper football motivated owner would have sacked Wenger years ago.
2008 and Wenger was not spending £300 million on his squad he was making £25 million to cover the debt :lol:
Not sure what that has to do with my point mate?

For me Wenger had a chance in January 2008 to sign a couple of players to carry us through the inevitable late season fatigue injuries and drops in form that cost us the title that year. He didn't. Chiefly because his ego would not let him be swayed by the media saying we needed to strengthen.

I do not accept we had no money as we had plenty of money to pay superstar wages to shit like Song Hleb and Denilson and many others for example - players that had been exposed as rubbish by then but who were granted contract extensions with pay rises. Again his ego would not let him admit he had gotten it very wrong about those players. People forget we had a wage bill on par and above the likes of the chav and manure who were winning titles and CL's. And the fact Wenger was in the top 5 highest paid managers in the world.

By 2010 he had demonstrated he could not build another title winning team nor a team capable of doing anything in the CL. From that point on we went into a slow freefall gradually getting worse whilst Project Ego rolled on and on. He should have been thanked for his service and sacked.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:08 am
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
what is happening at Man Utd right now is what happened to us back in about 2008.
this is the annoying thing, the pressure on them to oust mourinho three months into the season afer finishing 2nd will be ten times greater than the pressure on us to get rid of wenger at any time during his tenure :roll: :banghead:
And that is why I have always maintained that Wenger was only ever the symptom but Wiggy Marsupial Features and the Lizard and the Board are the disease. A proper football motivated owner would have sacked Wenger years ago.
2008 and Wenger was not spending £300 million on his squad he was making £25 million to cover the debt :lol:

For me Wenger had a chance in January 2008 to sign a couple of players to carry us through the inevitable late season fatigue injuries and drops in form that cost us the title that year. He didn't. Chiefly because his ego would not let him be swayed by the media saying we needed to strengthen.

I do not accept we had no money as we had plenty of money to pay superstar wages to shit like Song Hleb and Denilson and many others for example - players that had been exposed as rubbish by then but who were granted contract extensions with pay rises. Again his ego would not let him admit he had gotten it very wrong about those players. People forget we had a wage bill on par and above the likes of the chav and manure who were winning titles and CL's. And the fact Wenger was in the top 5 highest paid managers in the world.

By 2010 he had demonstrated he could not build another title winning team nor a team capable of doing anything in the CL. From that point on we went into a slow freefall gradually getting worse whilst Project Ego rolled on and on. He should have been thanked for his service and sacked.

Absolutely - at one stage we had a chhance to sign a keeper (shay given) who was a massive upgrade on below average almunia, but le cock decided to stick with a keeper that we only had cos celta vigo couldnt afford to pay us the money they owed us for silvinho, and he then made him captain for a while :banghead: :banghead:

Wenker handicapped us then in the same way he did with ozil - giving massive wages to players that no other club would be willing to pay, thus ensuring that we would be unable to move them on when it was finally accepted that they were not good enough (bendtner) or not suited to current tactics (ozil)

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

It was lazy quoting DB and nothing to do with your point but just the comparison of Wenger in 2008 and Maureen in 2018

Now I am no financial guru but if Wenger had signed a couple of players late in 2008 would that not have impacted on the loss/profit margins?
for that season and had an impact on the stadium debt?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:32 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

It was lazy quoting DB and nothing to do with your point but just the comparison of Wenger in 2008 and Maureen in 2018

Now I am no financial guru but if Wenger had signed a couple of players late in 2008 would that not have impacted on the loss/profit margins?
for that season and had an impact on the stadium debt?
Not if he had offloaded a few of the rubbish players from the wage bill. No one was asking him to sign Messi just a couple of upgrades on what we had. The huge (underseved and unearned) salaries paid to Bendtner Denilson Almunia Song etc etc etc tied up millions on us. It was terrible football management and appalling financial management tbh.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:24 pm
. The huge (underseved and unearned) salaries paid to Bendtner Denilson Almunia Song etc etc etc tied up millions on us. It was terrible football management and appalling financial management tbh.
55 million approximately. denilson and bendtner were on 70,000 , or 3.5 million a year each.

eboue was on 55k as was diaby and the others.

its a myth that the ex-manager had no money - he did, and he used it to enrich himself and the players.

herbert

Post by herbert »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:24 pm
. The huge (underseved and unearned) salaries paid to Bendtner Denilson Almunia Song etc etc etc tied up millions on us. It was terrible football management and appalling financial management tbh.
55 million approximately. denilson and bendtner were on 70,000 , or 3.5 million a year each.

eboue was on 55k as was diaby and the others.

its a myth that the ex-manager had no money - he did, and he used it to enrich himself and the players.
Regardless of who was getting what he achieved what was needed at the time for the club and the way the clubs finances changed from 2006 to 2014 was remarkable and it certainly was not a myth that he had to balance the money

have a look at the figures and then honestly tell me that I am delusional for thinking that he done a great job financially for the future of our football club from 2006 to 2014

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmah ... -worth-it/

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

there is no financial constraint that forces you to keep playing denilson, song, almunia, eubue as a winger (he was an okay 2nd choice right back), and the danish prince as a striker for 5 years.

I even think larsson that we sold was better than denilson. why he shifted some players on and persisted with obviously flawed players was crazy.

How many title chases did almunia single handed throw away ? and he still was number 1 next year.

Wenger did a great job in his first decade, his second decade tarnished his name to the point that big clubs are probably not after him.

But also fuck off moaninhio and fuck manure :D

herbert

Post by herbert »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:46 pm
there is no financial constraint that forces you to keep playing denilson, song, almunia, eubue as a winger (he was an okay 2nd choice right back), and the danish prince as a striker for 5 years.

I even think larsson that we sold was better than denilson. why he shifted some players on and persisted with obviously flawed players was crazy.

How many title chases did almunia single handed throw away ? and he still was number 1 next year.

Wenger did a great job in his first decade, his second decade tarnished his name to the point that big clubs are probably not after him.

But also fuck off moaninhio and fuck manure :D
Fair points but He done well with Song ,£15 mill Barca paid for him :shock:

nut flush gooner

Paul Pogba vs Maureen

Post by nut flush gooner »

I know this is not directly Arsenal related but media these days and social media puts in full view what can happen between managers and players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN2vF6jGGfk

Pogba is bang out of order imo. He shouldn’t be pranking around on social media during difficult matches. Ferguson would never put up with this, Pogba would have been sold during the summer for sure. You can see that Pogba is a disruptive influence in n his team mates. As much as I hate Maureen, if this is what modern day managers have to put up with you kind of have sympathy for them. It’s criminal how Pogba can be a world beater in Russia but just not apply himself as he should for his club,

A bit closer to home Emery has had player problems both at PSG and at Arsenal. I really hope if Ozil was behaving like this that he was told in no uncertain terms who is boss, our players have had it easy for far too long.

DB10GOONER

Re: Paul Pogba vs Maureen

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:35 am
I know this is not directly Arsenal related but media these days and social media puts in full view what can happen between managers and players.

Pogba is bang out of order imo. He shouldn’t be pranking around on social media during difficult matches. Ferguson would never put up with this, Pogba would have been sold during the summer for sure. You can see that Pogba is a disruptive influence in n his team mates. As much as I hate Maureen, if this is what modern day managers have to put up with you kind of have sympathy for them. It’s criminal how Pogba can be a world beater in Russia but just not apply himself as he should for his club,

A bit closer to home Emery has had player problems both at PSG and at Arsenal. I really hope if Ozil was behaving like this that he was told in no uncertain terms who is boss, our players have had it easy for far too long.
One Manure thread on an Arsenal forum is enough. Merging this one.

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:49 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

It's not just a manure related post, but if you want to be picky as usual, fair enough...........

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:49 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

It's not just a manure related post, but if you want to be picky as usual, fair enough...........

:box: :box: :popcorn: :popcorn: :lol: :lol:

augie

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

Post by augie »

Moaninho is a c.unt. End of. Apparently he blamed pogba for the wolves game in the dressing room after the game last saturday, plus he had taken the vice-captaincy off pogba before this commotion yesterday. I have NEVER been sold on pogba as a player anyway, but you simply cannot treat players like that anymore and expect no backlash - moaninho might be able to bully his players over the years, but all it takes is one strong player to stand up to him and shit like this will happen. Is anybody stupid enough to think that pogba wont have supporters within the squad ? Does anyone seriously believe that more players will back moaninho than pogba ? The other players will look at moaninho's treatment of shaw and martial and know that he is a man that gives zero fcuks about his players and it could be one of them next, and you can be damn sure that a sizeable number would want him out the door in the morning.
As a manager it is moaninho's task to keep a squad unified and going in the one direction - if he felt that he couldnt have achieved that with pogba in the squad, then he should let things calm down, dont take the vice captaincy off him, and then sell him in january. The one thing that he should not do is blow this situation up like this cos it will only create more trouble in their shithole club

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:37 am
Moaninho is a c.unt. End of. Apparently he blamed pogba for the wolves game in the dressing room after the game last saturday, plus he had taken the vice-captaincy off pogba before this commotion yesterday. I have NEVER been sold on pogba as a player anyway, but you simply cannot treat players like that anymore and expect no backlash - moaninho might be able to bully his players over the years, but all it takes is one strong player to stand up to him and shit like this will happen. Is anybody stupid enough to think that pogba wont have supporters within the squad ? Does anyone seriously believe that more players will back moaninho than pogba ? The other players will look at moaninho's treatment of shaw and martial and know that he is a man that gives zero fcuks about his players and it could be one of them next, and you can be damn sure that a sizeable number would want him out the door in the morning.
As a manager it is moaninho's task to keep a squad unified and going in the one direction - if he felt that he couldnt have achieved that with pogba in the squad, then he should let things calm down, dont take the vice captaincy off him, and then sell him in january. The one thing that he should not do is blow this situation up like this cos it will only create more trouble in their shithole club
I 100% can see where you are coming from, but has football really gone full circle where players now dictate to clubs? It happened to Emery last season with the likes of Neymar, and it looks like Ozil threw his toys out the pram earlier this season.

As a fan, I want to see our manager in full control of the destiny of Arsenal. That means that ALL the players have to accept and buy into what he is trying to achieve. If they step out of line, then they should be punished, perhaps not in public as has been the case here with Maureen and Pogba. Maureen is a *word censored* no doubt, but the way Pogba behaved in the stands and on the training pitch is inexcusable. Remember they are supposed to be Professional Footballers.

Post by 1989 »

Pogba is a cuunt, Maureen is a cuunt. Long may they continue making a shambles out of Utd. Fantastic entertainment to be fair.