Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by begeegs »

I don't think that his quote is a dig at Wenger. Why would it be? He has been at United for 2 years now. For me, it sounds like he is trying to suck the arse of Van Gaal, who also talks about philosophy (which I find irritating as it's football, not philosophy).

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Nothing much has changed in N5 in the last 2 years has it ?
Ozil and Sanchez :?

I find it hilarious how United have gone from last year being the 'We do things right club' to panicking after 1 bad year and going batshit mental throwing money about. They've just bought into the Chelsea/City method they so derided.

augie

Post by augie »

rigsby wrote:
Nothing much has changed in N5 in the last 2 years has it ?
Ozil and Sanchez :?

I find it hilarious how United have gone from last year being the 'We do things right club' to panicking after 1 bad year and going batshit mental throwing money about. They've just bought into the Chelsea/City method they so derided.

Tbf they are in a worse state, quality wise, than the chavs were when moaninho took over first time around. I don't think it's about one bad season, but about the reality that their squad doesn't suggest that it is anywhere near making the top 4

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

what augie said. they are slowly facing the realization that if they don't make the top four they are going under financially and the club will have to be put up for sale, so they are absolutely desperate to make the top four.

Di Maria scored one and made three last night against Germany, but United have largely the same problems we do - no-one to control the midfield and to protect the back four. plus they just made their worst player formwise captain - England were woeful last night until becks came on.

their financial survival depends on outscoring the opposition this year, and I don't see it. It will be fascinating to see if "arry can get a point at OT with QPR next week.

its all good, and i'm loving every minute of it :barscarf:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I wasn't saying they were wrong, I just meant I find it hilarious that all their nonsense posturing and arrogance has gone out of the window and they've thrown money at players whilst letting their young players who came up through the ranks go. The United circus is just beginning.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

rigsby wrote:I wasn't saying they were wrong, I just meant I find it hilarious that all their nonsense posturing and arrogance has gone out of the window and they've thrown money at players whilst letting their young players who came up through the ranks go. The United circus is just beginning.
What I would love now is for the 'philosophy' to fall down or the results not to happen because of players not being on the same wavelength.

Please - Agent Van Gaal - make it so!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
rigsby wrote:I wasn't saying they were wrong, I just meant I find it hilarious that all their nonsense posturing and arrogance has gone out of the window and they've thrown money at players whilst letting their young players who came up through the ranks go. The United circus is just beginning.
What I would love now is for the 'philosophy' to fall down or the results not to happen because of players not being on the same wavelength.

Please - Agent Van Gaal - make it so!
Agent VanButthead will deliver. Every club he's been at he has imploded and fallen out with the owners. And they were clubs with top players where he was successful. This current Manure squad? Added to owner expectation / financial demands and VanButthead's point-the-finger blame games? Like combining petrol with fire. Or Spuddy with male prostitutes. Something or someone is getting fucked up with the emphasis on FUCKED. :wink:

AnotherAmeobi

Post by AnotherAmeobi »

CL money is a bonus I dont think for 1 second their financial security is based on qualifying for it, besides how relevant is that money these days with the money from domestic deals sky rocketing?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I don't think the CL money alone is enough to cause serious problems in the short-term, but their reduced international exposure will compound it and they have massively increased their wage bill recently. Falcao, the fat granny-shagger, RvJP, Mata, di Maria etc must total north of 25 mil per year. All told 60+ mil worse off. It must be a risk and causing a few sleepless nights.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I overlooked the reduction in prawn sandwich sales which might just tip the balance.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

AnotherAmeobi wrote:CL money is a bonus I dont think for 1 second their financial security is based on qualifying for it, besides how relevant is that money these days with the money from domestic deals sky rocketing?
to make a profit they have to sell 60,000 tickets for every single home game and reach the quarter finals of ALL competitions.

They pay something ridiculous like 90m a year just in interest on the $800million debt. plus there are principal payments.

they didn't borrow money from the banks - they borrowed it at 12-15% from Hedge Funds, LP's etc.

in 6 years Man U have paid GBP700million in interest, fees and charges. 300million more than they spent on players.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... d-woodward

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ng-6305199

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Can't wait for the tears to flow after it all goes tits up.

Come on agent Van Moyes. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

That spineless team is overly top heavy and I can see lower teams pubbing wins against them, whilst the big boys rip them apart. That bit of entertainment will have to suffice for us Gooners, as we'll more than likely be the only team with a name that they'll pick up at least 4 points from.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Manchester United are fast becoming the Katie Price of English football.

They keep needlessly spending a fortune to boost what they've got up front and invariably get fucked at the back.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Manchester United are fast becoming the Katie Price of English football.

They keep needlessly spending a fortune to boost what they've got up front and invariably get fucked at the back.
:lol: :lol:

Do they also stink of rancid tuna...? :rubchin: