Man Utd (H) Wednesday 12th February

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Man Utd (H) Wednesday 12th February

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

kiwomya wrote:Can't condone that tripe last night. We looked shit scared and Arteta did nothing for their "nerves" after just a few minutes. I can't believe how poor Arteta has been as of late.
They've all been piss poor of late :roll:

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Ryanswannell wrote:That was the most boring fucking shit I have witnessed Arsenal play. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass to Giroud, lose the ball, pass, pass pass etc. What a load of cock. :banghead:

I was one of those who caved in and bought a ticket for the Bayern match next week, and I am regretting it. Not only am I certain to see my team get dicked before my very eyes, I am also funding that sponges new 8mil a year contract.
whilst there are enough people like you then expect to see no change at the club.
you are not only funding Wenger's new contract, you are ensuring that he will get one.
So it's all my fault then is it? Not the people that actually want him in the club (namely the akb's and the board).

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

King Henry wrote:Awful performance against a truly pathetic team. Though I'm not happy if we can win our next 3 league games then at least we'll be back in it. We have to beat Liverpool on Sunday, FA Cup is the most realistic chance of silverware we have this season.
Mathematically we have a chance of winning the league. Realistically, we all know, not a prayer.
I have kept faith, up until last night, that we could give it a real go this year. The last 2 games have shown that we are just not good enough and its looking increasingly likely, this season will follow those of the past few years.
1 goal from a penalty in those games shows his failure to buy a striker in January has come back to haunt us. Giroud is a West Brom player.
As is a failure to beat the worst United side in living memory, this season, is a joke.
Rather than looking up, we are now looking over our shoulder at those teams playing well and winning, behind us. Spurs and Liverpool.
A fight for top 4 is now on again. I think we've been here before.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Herd wrote:Predictable, Pedestrian and Pathetic ,Gutless and Guileless .
Chez sez we had mental strength ,WTF we almost lost !

Poor preperation
Zero tactics
No attempt to bring on a proper striker

Then pushing Sonagol onto the subs bench in front of gnarnaby ,criminal !
What is it with Pololski. You can count the number of times he has played a full 90 mins for us on one hand. Again, the fact he didn't get a look in last night suggests there's a problem between him Wenger. Obviously Wenger doesn't rate him which is pretty sad considering how cack the other French bloke is up front.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:More pearlers from arseblog this morning -

"an Arsenal side set up to ensure they didn’t lose, first and foremost. Regardless of how bad the opposition are, that’s an approach I understand after such a dreadful result. When your confidence is shaken, sometimes you need something of a sideways step before you can go forward again"

A step sidewards he calls it :roll: Quite how anybody can defend the notion of setting up a team that is going for the league and is playing a team that is woeful at the mo, for a draw is beyond me - at this stage of the season you dont win leagues playing not to lose and especially against a team that is losing points against shit teams nearly every week
"Arsene Wenger resisted the temptation to throw caution to the wind – sensibly enough, I think – and there came a point in injury time when you could see that Arsenal had decided to take the draw, and not to get stretched. It felt frustrating, because we were on top, but I could understand it too"

Apparently we only decided in injury time that we had decided to be happy with a draw - I must have missed the part when we really tore into them looking for all 3 points :?
Why do you still read that idiot's propoganda, augie? :|

I'm not sure and I said as much yesterday but I think that is because I am an AFC junkie and I read a few blogs in the hope of finding some nugget of info to encourage me looking forward - news that le cock was about to quit would be most welcome in my world 8)

I used to feel a sense of pride that it was an Arsenal blog that was winning the best footy blog even though I didnt agree with most of what he said - now if I am honest, I find it embarrassing that so many people would vote for the most one eyed pro the club blog that I have ever seen :oops: I get that most would not be as critical as me but I fail to understand how anybody can continually look for positives in every dark situation and at the same time dismiss the negatives as if they were nothing. I also dont like the fact that he dismisses the fans who are unhappy with wenger and the club as if they are ignorant fools - I suppose it echo's the views of the c*nt in charge though :evil:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Ryanswannell wrote:That was the most boring fucking shit I have witnessed Arsenal play. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass to Giroud, lose the ball, pass, pass pass etc. What a load of cock. :banghead:

I was one of those who caved in and bought a ticket for the Bayern match next week, and I am regretting it. Not only am I certain to see my team get dicked before my very eyes, I am also funding that sponges new 8mil a year contract.

So glad i opted out of the Bayern game. 3% ST rise plus another £70 on top of that for next week. Enoughs enough. Let a tourist have my seat. I'm giving them fucking parasites as lttle of my hard earned as possible to fill their pockets

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Arteta has summed up our pedestrian nature recently.

I'm mindful of making too many excuses for him and he has been poor whatever but do people think he's fully fit? Tbh I think he has been carrying knocks to various degrees ever since he joined - in 2011/12 he was our most important player after van Judas and was played until he broke down.

Didn't look completely fit to me before Flamini's suspension and said at the time he would end up having to play these big games through fatigue/injury.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:More pearlers from arseblog this morning -

"an Arsenal side set up to ensure they didn’t lose, first and foremost. Regardless of how bad the opposition are, that’s an approach I understand after such a dreadful result. When your confidence is shaken, sometimes you need something of a sideways step before you can go forward again"

A step sidewards he calls it :roll: Quite how anybody can defend the notion of setting up a team that is going for the league and is playing a team that is woeful at the mo, for a draw is beyond me - at this stage of the season you dont win leagues playing not to lose and especially against a team that is losing points against shit teams nearly every week
"Arsene Wenger resisted the temptation to throw caution to the wind – sensibly enough, I think – and there came a point in injury time when you could see that Arsenal had decided to take the draw, and not to get stretched. It felt frustrating, because we were on top, but I could understand it too"

Apparently we only decided in injury time that we had decided to be happy with a draw - I must have missed the part when we really tore into them looking for all 3 points :?
Why do you still read that idiot's propoganda, augie? :|

I'm not sure and I said as much yesterday but I think that is because I am an AFC junkie and I read a few blogs in the hope of finding some nugget of info to encourage me looking forward - news that le cock was about to quit would be most welcome in my world 8)

I used to feel a sense of pride that it was an Arsenal blog that was winning the best footy blog even though I didnt agree with most of what he said - now if I am honest, I find it embarrassing that so many people would vote for the most one eyed pro the club blog that I have ever seen :oops: I get that most would not be as critical as me but I fail to understand how anybody can continually look for positives in every dark situation and at the same time dismiss the negatives as if they were nothing. I also dont like the fact that he dismisses the fans who are unhappy with wenger and the club as if they are ignorant fools - I suppose it echo's the views of the c*nt in charge though :evil:
Yeah, you actually did explain it so my question was rhetorical really. I used to enjoy his blog years ago as it was quite funny, but his subservient Pro-Pravda propoganderism nowdays is appalling. :|

augie

Post by augie »

moved my pearls of wisdom to a different thread :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

After the turgid 0-0 with Chelsea Wenger said something about not wanting to make any subs as he was afraid of disrupting our defensive solidity. It showed a real lack of bottle. Last night by making just the one sub he pretty much did it again. One of the reasons we cant win big games is that Wenger is a fucking coward.

He is a bottle job in the transfer market too. I'm sure his reluctance to spend is as much cowardice as it is anything else. By not splashing out more he leaves him with an excuse to hide behind if we don't win anything ... something which then allows Gazidis to come out with his ''we outperformed our spend'' bullshit.

Wenger is no longer fit to manage a club of Arsenal's size. He just doesn't have the right mentality.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

1 Point out of a Possible 6...Thanks Wenker youincompetent Fool and "Thank-You" 9 of the 11 players who are all a bunch of fucking pussified tippy tappy wimps.

WENKER OUT!

NOW!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:cussing: :twisted:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

One of the most frustrating aspects of the club, is the delusion by some fans, about certain players, especially Giroud. The guy is shit, plain and simple, shouldn't be anywhere near an Arsenal team. He has 10 league goals this season, Bendtner has two goals, having made fuck all starts, and would have the same amount of goals(if not more) having made the same amount of appearances, that says it all about our so called 'vital' striker. Everyone can see it, but of course wanker will stubbornly keep starting him, and when Podolski, the one actual decent finisher we have, leaves in the summer, we will be stuck with Giroud and Sanogo as our attacking options, well done Wenger on ruining a potentially great season, you money grabbing, arrogant prick.

madjens

Post by madjens »

It's alright, Giroud said the reaction after the pool game was the most important thing and we did that well.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

He is not capable of throwing a curve ball, too predictable, and safe.
JW rarely got out of our half, what a waste of talent.
United's confidence was at rock bottom, Vidic & Smalling look vulnerable, they were ripe for taking.
Perfect for showing something fresh, maybe sticking AOC alongside Giroud, and go 3-5-2.
Not a chance.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

foxinthebox2001 wrote: Perfect for showing something fresh, maybe sticking AOC alongside Giroud, and go 3-5-2.
Not a chance.
Not sure about 3-5-2 tbh, but I've wondered about the possibility of Ox being played up front, depending on opposition - either alongside Giroud/Podolski or as one of those "false 9" :roll: fingermebobs.

Could be a complete clusterfuck & obviously completely disgraceful that we're in a position to even have to consider it, but that said he's our only player with any sort of pace to run in behind. And he does at least have a lot of the attributes to play up front imo (more than Walcott, and certainly more than Arshavin ever did :roll: ) - strength, touch and intelligence to play with his back to goal when need be, no worse a finisher than Giroud in all likelihood, work rate to close down from the front, pretty sure he'd show better, more intelligent movement than Giroud too. Giroud's movement on the break (regardless of his lack of pace) is pathetic - he usually just clogs up the space and/or drags a defender into the area(s) we least want them. He always ends up looking like a relay runner jogging along in front waiting for the baton to be placed into his hand behind him. :banghead: Or Quartz trundling along in the fast lane in his robin reliant while an addison lee driver motors up behind him trying to get past. :mrgreen:

Doubt it would be anything more than a moderate success at best, but compared to perservering with the staus quo I'd give it a go. I've completely given up on Podolski being given any sort of prolonged run in the team, in any position.

Either that or if we're gonna stick with Giroud, play Ox in the middle with license to make those late runs forward the way Ramsey did. No point continuing to play the ball into Giroud's feet if we're not getting any runners beyond him. It's about the one thing he's been fairly consistent at, yet we're neutralising that strength ourselves, while still persisiting with him and all his other weaknesses.