Man Utd (H) Wednesday 12th February

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Man Utd (H) Wednesday 12th February

Post by Theoperator »

Rob, you are right in that it did present an opportunity but there isnt/ wasnt a concerted campagn, and as usual the tickets would sell however- even if they went to general sale.

I imagine that the attendance will be less but unless its half empty the prices will stay silly.

What amazes me is the price of club tickets- £281 for a middle of the ground seat with a free drink and programme as well as a more comfy seat maybe :box: :box: :rubchin: :rubchin:

There are a few £62 but almost all the other seats in the ground are over £80. WTF WTF :evil:

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

I don't know if you realise Rob, but Wenger is going to be here at least until the end of the season whether I attend the game or not.
I don't want Wenger at the club anymore either, but why should I stop attending games. I only go once every 2 or 3 months as I don't exactly have a high paying job, but because I go so little I prefer to go to the big games and the Bayern game is one of them.
Anyway, most of the tickets that people have opted out of are going to be purchased by others - probably tourists - anyway so it doesn't really matter a jot if I am going to this game.
But who would you rather attended the games, genuine fans who will support the team all game, or some bloke silently sitting there with a camera, who is likely to purchase a shit-ton of stuff in the Amoury?

EDIT: I also bought the 'cheaper' £62 seats, not the ridiculous half-way line seat that you pay an arm and a leg for to sit there in silence.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

I think its a bit short-sighted to say "Giroud is poor"

He isnt, he is a very important focal point in this team as it stands and works harder than any player ive seen this season off the ball, holds the ball better than anyone and is vital at defending set peices too - i see most games live, im telling you this lad works hard and should be congratulated and supported for it.

What i DO agree with is that working hard isnt enough alone - but is this Girouds fault? He is limited, yes but he has also been played into the ground - the man himself has come out and said Arsenal need another striker. He is on empty now and its showing in his performances and he is missing chances he was putting away last season and the beginning of this. He is a very, very good memeber of this squad - it is not his fault he is probaly been playing above his limitations and gets f-all rest and f-all support. He is a striker that misses Walcott too - look who many times they linked together last season.

He was dead on his feet after 80 mins last night, and should have been replaced. I dont see what the fuss is with Ozil last night either, he is playing like a player that doesnt want to be there to be honest!

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:I think its a bit short-sighted to say "Giroud is poor"

He isnt, he is a very important focal point in this team
That's more of a sign of how far this club has fallen, than anything positive about Giroud.

stevefox7

Post by stevefox7 »

0-0 written all over it

stevefox7

Post by stevefox7 »

Both teams were happy with a draw

stevefox7

Post by stevefox7 »

Is it me or is Jack Wilshere getting us into trouble with high risk plays deep inside our own half?

stevefox7

Post by stevefox7 »

:banghead:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

SteveFox. You know you can put more than one sentence in a post don't you? :D :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

stevefox is posting with his handbrake on, but showing his quality.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Well, what a thoroughly depressing evening that was.
Liverpool and The Spuds are creeping up and 5th place is genuinely a possibility now.
How poor was Jack? And what's with this continual going down making out he's injured every 4 minutes? He should have been off at Half Time. But when has our Manager ever done anything radical?
In my opinion I thought Ozil was positive last night. He's always looking to put someone in, but what was there in front of him? No width, no pace, everything down the middle.
Yes he was poor at Liverpool, but he shouldn't be the scapegoat.
Giroud? He's had it. Effort is a given, we need quality and unfortunately he doesn't have enough. Flicking on balls to nobody, 2 sitters missed that my daughter could have scored.....
I was so pleased that boos rang down at the end. What our Manager doesn't realise or probably refuses to accept is that they are being directed at him. Refusal to go for it in January is once again coming back to haunt him.
Refusal to change his approach and actually take into account the opposition's strengths eg last Saturday, and simply send his teams out believing that if you score 1 we will get 2.
5 points lost in 5 days? Not exactly title winning form is it? :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still unbelievable that we barely got near scoring against a team whose defence and midfield is crammed exclusively with creaking oldies or bang average footballers over 180 minutes this season.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Well, what a thoroughly depressing evening that was.
Liverpool and The Spuds are creeping up and 5th place is genuinely a possibility now.
How poor was Jack? And what's with this continual going down making out he's injured every 4 minutes? He should have been off at Half Time. But when has our Manager ever done anything radical?
In my opinion I thought Ozil was positive last night. He's always looking to put someone in, but what was there in front of him? No width, no pace, everything down the middle.
Yes he was poor at Liverpool, but he shouldn't be the scapegoat.
Giroud? He's had it. Effort is a given, we need quality and unfortunately he doesn't have enough. Flicking on balls to nobody, 2 sitters missed that my daughter could have scored.....
I was so pleased that boos rang down at the end. What our Manager doesn't realise or probably refuses to accept is that they are being directed at him. Refusal to go for it in January is once again coming back to haunt him.
Refusal to change his approach and actually take into account the opposition's strengths eg last Saturday, and simply send his teams out believing that if you score 1 we will get 2.
5 points lost in 5 days? Not exactly title winning form is it? :banghead:
Why the f**k is no one gambling and running in behind the striker, that's how we started the season. That's why we play a big man up top, to win the ball, hold it up or flick it on.

He won every battle with Vidic for the first 45mins and then they tripled omn him when they realized he was going to be on his own with no support for 90mins. Giroud is good at what he does but is limited, what you do is make the most of his talents by supporting him or not buying him in the first place.

Fat sam knows what Andy Carroll is good at and as limited as it is, it's very effective which is why he gets a runner to support him, FFS a geriatric Kevin Nolan would get more out of Giroud than we are at the moment.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If Bendtnar is the answer what is the question ....???

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Didn't have internet overnight so only getting to read comments now. Would be in agreement with them in general but ,and I know people are speaking of options available here and now, but in my opinion Bendtnar shouldn't be ahead of Giroud... Bendtnar got 60 minutes or so against a third level team in the Cup and could not be fucking bothered. Like our manager, as long as we indulge players like Bendtnar then we are going nowhere. All around Arsenal the clubs that are challenging have strikers that make a difference. I would rather Adebayor start a game for Arsenal than see Bendtnar do so.