Your most HATED music.

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
storrmin571

Re: Your most HATED music.

Post by storrmin571 »

Herd wrote:I'm surprised no ones mentioned Chas and Dave yet !
Not a patch on the Away Boyz

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Anything by One Direction bunch of prepubescent little pr*cks, :evil:

azz91afc

Post by azz91afc »

There are plenty of modern hip-hop artists who would rap circles around most rappers from the 'golden-era' of the late 70's to the late 80's.

In my opinion, not many rappers from that era have back catalogs that have aged well. The only ones that come to mind are Slick Rick, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, RUN DMC, The Geto Boys N.W.A, maybe The Beastie Boys and i may have missed 1 or 2.

KRS-One, for example, seems ridiculously over-rated. He has said some of the most cringe worthy, nursery rhyme like, lyrics I've ever heard, to me KRS-One is as poor as Lil' Wayne and any other terrible rapper around today. I mean those B.D.P V Shan diss tracks were so weak, same goes for the Real Roxanne v Roxanne Shante.

Yes there is plenty of garbage Hip-Hop but there always has been.

And mentioning Ghost writers, Didn't Grandmaster CAZ write Big Hanks verse in Rappers Delight? Hank used it without permission and Sugar Hill didn't give Caz any writing credit or royalties? So yeah, that isn't exclusive to modern Hip-Hop.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I went off KRS-1 after the third album.

Not too keen on him personally either.

But as a live MC, he is a beast...very few could beat him in a battle..his timing, clarity of voice, wordplay and general arrogance make him dangerous.

Yeah, Caz got ripped off to the tune of $1M...he tells the story here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDlgB9MbLNA

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

BournemouthRED wrote:
Nos89 wrote:I don't mind most music but got now 86 for my kids and all but two of the songs on disc 2 are utter shit. There is a mixture of genres so its not one type of music, it's just bland repetitive shit. Only track 6 and i think its paloma faith track "big when i was little" are listenable. God I must be getting old :oops:
big when i was little is Eliza Doolittle mate. she s a gooner :barscarf:

Thank you, that must be the reason why I liked it. Picked up on the Gooner vibe. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:I went off KRS-1 after the third album.

But as a live MC, he is a beast...very few could beat him in a battle..his timing, clarity of voice, wordplay and general arrogance make him dangerous.

Quartz, old mate - these are quite possibly the most embarrassing words I have ever read on here! :oops:

:lol: :wink: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

DB10- I forgot, but am reminded, of your Rock Dinosaur point of view. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:DB10- I forgot, but am reminded, of your Rock Dinosaur point of view. :D
Thank you. 8)

>roots around in his glovebox for natty old Black Sabbath tape<

:wink:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Coldplay - music for people devoid of any soul whatsoever. Utter drivel that is bought by the bucket load by people who can then discuss how 'deep' and 'moving' it is whilst sipping chablis at their meeja friends' dinner party.

Bollocks. :puke:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Anything shat out of that pernicious little shit Simon Cowell's arse by way of any of his eye gouge inducing TV shows for wannabee twats.

officepest

Post by officepest »

99.9% of the dirge inflicted upon the world by Pete Waterman and his satanic cohort Stock & Aitken.

Goodnight.

augie

Post by augie »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Anything spawned by X-Factor,Pop Idol etc. Simon Cowell has vitually destroyed the chance of independent bands making any impression on the charts,which are now nothing more than a rolling advert for his francise.

This x 1 million - I fcuking hate this garbage and hate all these manufactured boy/girl bands :evil: :evil:
Have never been a deep thinker of music like most of you seem to be, but I cannot get my head around the concept of having a pop group of 4 or 5 individuals but not one of the c*nts can play a musical instrument of any kind :roll: Straight away I would tell them c*nts to go take some lessons and come back when at least 1 of ye can play a musical instrument but until then fcuk off :evil: :evil: It really is another shocking indictment of modern society.....if the media/experts tell us that a band is good then it must be the truth so I had better go out and buy their cd's and support them :roll: :oops:

It's funny how 1 song can turn a person against a group/singer - I absolutely hated springsteen on the back of "born in the usa" (any c*nt can roar and shout into a microphone like that :roll: ) and I refused to accept or like his music for a long long time afterwards :oops: Since he made his comeback I have found myself more receptive to his music and have even been to see him live twice (mainly cos the wife likes him and tbh I can only remember being at 1 gig but she swears that I was at 2 :oops: :oops: )

Re the garth brooks concert bash that sid went on ( :wink: ), can I just say that he really doesn't have that many proper fans over here - it is my belief that the vast majority of people that bought tickets are going more because of the occasion than for the music. Brooks hadn't be performing live for a few years and many Irish people felt that it was an honour (for want of a better word) that he picked Ireland as the only country that he is playing live gigs in 2014 8) I am not going to it and nor am I a fan but I have to admit that I very briefly considered going to sample the occasion :oops: I will also say though, that by adding more dates it has totally diluted the significance of the "occasions" :roll:
Btw an awful lot of the ticket sales for these concerts were from outside Ireland and will see people travelling from the uk, usa and Europe so don't pin it all on us :lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Christmas songs, I don't want every day to be like christmas,

baaa humbug :D

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

DB10GOONER wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:I went off KRS-1 after the third album.

Quartz, old mate - these are quite possibly the most embarrassing words I have ever read on here! :oops:

:lol: :wink: :wink:
:coffeespit:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:Christmas songs, I don't want every day to be like christmas,

baaa humbug :D
Good call. In the few weeks leading up to Christmas it is not worth listening to the radio. It is full of shit. And more shit. And even more shit. :banghead: