Re: weekend fixtures Aug 23/25

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Villa 0-0 pardew *word censored*

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

hammers 2-0 up at Palace. shows how shite we were last week dunnit.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

clockender1 wrote:hammers 2-0 up at Palace. shows how shite we were last week dunnit.

They were well organised and didn't give much away, only when we stepped up the pace did we get any joy. As Leicester are doing rght now.

All those who w**ked over the Chavs and Burnley on Monday, they are playing Leicester right now and Leicester are very organised. Fabregas isn't getting the space that Burnley gifted him on Monday night.

They''ll probably wear Leicester down with their superior numbers eventually but this game is a bit more like ours last Saturday night. Costa has had one good chance that he wasted as has Schurrle but Leicester have had decent chances as well.

It's still too early for too many assumptions.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Cesc missed a sitter according to the beeb.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Absolutely typical, Nugent wastes the best chance of the game 1v1 and minutes later Costa scores

1-0 Chavs

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Chavs 1 up Costa

Not long for 1st post of how we should have bought him.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Derby are hammering Fulham 5-1

Unless he has an expensive clause in his contract, Magath has to be sacked in the morning.

Getting rid of the experienced players and filling the team with kids is ridiculous.

Some of those young players are going to get seriously scarred if he doens't f**k off and leave soon. It cannot be doing the young players any good to keep getting beaten like that

gp543

Post by gp543 »

topgoon wrote:
clockender1 wrote:hammers 2-0 up at Palace. shows how shite we were last week dunnit.

They were well organised and didn't give much away, only when we stepped up the pace did we get any joy. As Leicester are doing rght now.

All those who w**ked over the Chavs and Burnley on Monday, they are playing Leicester right now and Leicester are very organised. Fabregas isn't getting the space that Burnley gifted him on Monday night.

They''ll probably wear Leicester down with their superior numbers eventually but this game is a bit more like ours last Saturday night. Costa has had one good chance that he wasted as has Schurrle but Leicester have had decent chances as well.

Finished 3-2. Doesn't make us look that bad.
Last edited by gp543 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Fulham could get relegated again.

A nice point for Brentford.

Pearce seems to have got Forest firing. I hope he does well there.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

clockender1 wrote:Fulham could get relegated again.

Would like to see Forest come up. Ideally at Millwall and Leeds' expense.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

gp543 wrote:
topgoon wrote:

It finished 3-1 unless my eyes deceive me. :roll:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Brady's left peg wrote:
gp543 wrote:
topgoon wrote:

You're right. My fault.

It finished 3-1 unless my eyes deceive me. :roll:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

I hope Forest do well as I'd like them to come back up but in the ideal world they go on a 10match losing streak, that c**t with a huge chip on his shoulder gets the sack and someone else brings them into the league.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Ah nice to see Judas is back :evil:

Come on you Mackems and a nice reducer on early doors on Judas will be much appreciated. :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

topgoon wrote:

I hope Forest do well as I'd like them to come back up but in the ideal world they go on a 10match losing streak, that c**t with a huge chip on his shoulder gets the sack and someone else brings them into the league.
you don't like Stuart Pearce ???? - the guys a legend. a proper defender. Arsenal could do with a player like that since adams and keown left.

i think he was out of his depth a city and England though.