Leicester (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
madjens

Re: Leicester (A)

Post by madjens »

Dodgyknee71 wrote:
madjens wrote:At least we showed character and spirit.
:lol: WUM :!:
Just predicting the post match interview :lol:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

As it wasn't a Champions League qualifier, Wenger couldn't give a shit. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

WE8SPURS wrote: I'd love to know what the boards private opinions are of his tactics and overall managerial ability
:rubchin: they've just given him 3 years @ 8 mill per year .......

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Even had we gotten Remy, we still would play this pedestrian paced football in the final third, so he would be wasted. It really isn't good enough for a team with the resources that Arsenal has and it won't change until Wenger goes.

That is 5 games played so far and we've been poor in every one of them bar the second half against Besiktas.

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

What a load of ball bag :banghead:

madjens

Post by madjens »

"Terrible decision to take off Sanogo. Not one chance created after his sub"

must stop looking at Twitter... but not hard to see why things don't change.

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

fair play to Sanchez, he was all over the pitch and put in a real effort today.

The ox coming on in the 75th was about 75 minutes too late. we were slow, sloppy, and uninspired mostly from the start.

Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil all off the mark today, dreadfully so.

speaking of off the mark.....if we are just letting any clumsy, uncoordinated people play up front, i'd like to offer my services. :barscarf: i can also pick up where giroud left off on the away trips at the team hotel too! :lol:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

About the only player who can hold his head up tonight is Sanchez. Never stopped and what he did was good. He must wonder wtf he has let himself in for.

BTW did I miss the bit in Dr Who where he goes back and gets the Ramsey of 2 seasons ago and brings him to Leicester. :evil:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

That was shit, again just plain shit. There is no game plan and any kind of thought in our game. Always the same, we get the ball relatively fast to the attacking zone - and then we just push the brakes on. Everybody stops and starts walking and so the mill starts rolling - tippy tappy tippy tappy tippy tappy......... we just pass the ball around wishing for a chance instead of creating them :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

And what the fuck is wrong with our preparation? I mean, half of the guys are like half asleep in the beginning of them matches and it was the same last year.

Sanogo, well I don't know... potentially the most ridiculous choice as a starting player in the whole PL top flight, regardless the position. Why we have to take this kind of shit. Honestly, this kind of laughable decision you just won't see anywhere else in top teams in PL.

silus

Post by silus »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Other than sonogoals this isn't about the players. The players are good enough except up front. This is about arsene and his lack of tactics and lack of motivation and out of date formations.
That's the way a see it.
I know it sounds crazy but why not play players in their best position...or even play a system tailored to the players we have and the team we are playing....or is that just a ridiculous idea? :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

madjens wrote:
Dodgyknee71 wrote:
I wonder if the words 'jaded' and 'we gave absolutely everything' (in reference to Tuesday) will be heard ?

Jonny_Gooner

Post by Jonny_Gooner »

silus wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Other than sonogoals this isn't about the players. The players are good enough except up front. This is about arsene and his lack of tactics and lack of motivation and out of date formations.
That's the way a see it.
I know it sounds crazy but why not play players in their best position...or even play a system tailored to the players we have and the team we are playing....or is that just a ridiculous idea? :oops:
Of course that's ridiculous! I mean who in their right mind spends £42 million on one of the worlds best number 10's and DOESN'T play them on the wing!? :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

We are lightweight, no shape, no desire "team" that will ,(with great mental strength),retain our Fourth place trophy.
Ozil is a waste of space, and Sonogoal should not be anywhere near the first team for at least another season!
However, these players are the ones that Wenger is going to assure us are going to do great things for us! :shock:
I have got my ticket, but already am fearing that the Spuds are going to turn us over at the Emirates at the end of September!
Citeh, the Bindippers, and Chavski all have the muscle and "matchcraft" that we are sadly lacking.

madjens

Post by madjens »

SteveO 35 wrote:
madjens wrote:
Dodgyknee71 wrote:
I wonder if the words 'jaded' and 'we gave absolutely everything' (in reference to Tuesday) will be heard ?
Let's not forget Tuesday was the important game this week, the players did well to recover to even play today.

I wonder if we could withdraw from the Premier League and just compete in the CL. We must have earned an honorary place by now.

WE8SPURS

Post by WE8SPURS »

Dodgyknee71 wrote:
WE8SPURS wrote: I'd love to know what the boards private opinions are of his tactics and overall managerial ability
:rubchin: they've just given him 3 years @ 8 mill per year .......
You're missing my point mate, I know they're obviously happy with him hence the new contract but surely that's solely based on the fact he's such a Scrooge and makes them profits in the transfer market most years whilst still generating the champions league money.
I was wondering whether it was a case of "he's a fucking useless manager, but hey he makes us money" cos surely they couldn't defend this shit if they have an ounce of knowledge/interest in football.