Anderlecht Away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Anderlecht Away match thread

Post by wibble »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Embarrassing chanting from our fans. Who the fuck are they? They're the team that have made us look total shite for 88 minutes. :oops: :oops: :oops:
tbf the Anderlecht fans were (rightly) chanting 'who are you' at us when 1-0 up so fans gave it back when we won.

Just a bit of banter-nothing embarrassing about it-they've got to try and entertain themselves somehow!

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Herd wrote:get in there !smash n grab
Magic Herd, Magic

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Being honest only Sanchez deserved to not be on the losing team. Second in the group is looking sewn up already considering how utterly shite the turkish scum are.

Can't wait for our last 16 brown holing by Bayern, it's what dreams are made of.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

afcforever wrote:My old man, said be a Tottenham fan, I said fuck off bollox your a *word censored* :barscarf:

W4nker

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

Why do we constantly have to go a goal down before we start playing? Individually the players are good but never play with any cohesion or urgency :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

clockender1 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Well, fuck me and talk about getting out of jail
thats what money does - buys you talent.

assist from Sanchez wasn't it ?
Yeah, you're right but can we now get a bloody defender?

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

I saw Sanchez keep shaking his head after the final whistle. Could it be he feel disgusted by our performance or he's thinking what have I done by becoming an arsenal player?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

King Henry wrote:Why do we constantly have to go a goal down before we start playing? Individually the players are good but never play with any cohesion or urgency :banghead:
That's clearly a coaching issue. A good coach can make shit players gel and a poor one will make decent players look like they've never met.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

King Henry wrote:Why do we constantly have to go a goal down before we start playing? Individually the players are good but never play with any cohesion or urgency :banghead:
because wonga only resorts to 442 when we are losing with 10 to go.

and i've said it before - our players win in spite of wonga, not because of him.

silus

Post by silus »

defleppardisking wrote:I saw Sanchez keep shaking his head after the final whistle. Could it be he feel disgusted by our performance or he's thinking what have I done by becoming an arsenal player?
I saw that....i think he was shaking his head at the way the rest of the team were celebrating and thinking "why the fuck are they so happy about scraping a win against that shit"

Please don't leave Alexis.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

silus wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:I saw Sanchez keep shaking his head after the final whistle. Could it be he feel disgusted by our performance or he's thinking what have I done by becoming an arsenal player?
I saw that....i think he was shaking his head at the way the rest of the team were celebrating and thinking "why the fuck are they so happy about scraping a win against that shit"

Please don't leave Alexis.
If we keep putting out performance like this it would be a matter of time before Sanchez leaves.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

King Henry wrote:Yeah give the clubs best finisher 7 minutes at the end :lol:

:lol:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Needs what many have said for years - shake up the way we train and emphasis on tippy tappy and threading the ball through the eye of a needle.

I really think it is going to be Walcott, The Ox and Gnabry who match Sanchez's ambitions and style of play.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

cracks over papered the-

Step

Post by Step »

From bad on Sat to worse tonight.

Utter crap from the lads again.

How static were Mertesacker and wilshire when they hit the post?

No spirit or determination at all.
Santi didn't turn up (again).

Merse got it spot on. I thought we would struggle given the tactical nous of our esteemed manager.

We are stagnating under Mr Bean .

What's the bets Sunderland beat us on Sat and Burnley get a point a week later but still 50% of our fans will still trust in Mr Bean.