Double Standard

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dano

Double Standard

Post by dano »

Long time reader, now posting first time. As an introduction, am an American in England since 1985. Moved on assignment to London, chose Arsenal, and been a Gunner ever since. I played American football in the 70's and we had a person go to the next team to be played to shoot video, and we spent hours on a game plan to prepare (aka Tactics). If every team in America, from high school to university prepares and builds a game plan, I only know of one team that does not do, so am very much of the Wenger out brigade.

Worked for a Colorado company and ran across this today. Check out Josh's quote on their team in Denver, wish they had the same attitude over here. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12413 ... er-nuggets

"On behalf of everyone in the Denver Nuggets organization, I would personally like to thank Brian for his services the past two seasons in Denver," Josh Kroenke said. "He is a champion and a gentleman, and I wish him nothing but the best for himself and his family moving forward. Since we purchased the franchise in 2000, we have constantly strived to field a competitive team, culminating in 10 straight playoff appearances and a franchise-record 57 wins in the 2012-13 regular season. Expectations have been raised, and we want more.

"This season, our management staff has remained patient and supportive, as decisions of this nature are never taken lightly. Patience is encouraged, as long as the organization continues to show progress toward a greater goal. However, competing for championships is our goal, and therefore, we decided to make this decision now and look forward to conducting an extensive head coaching search upon the season's conclusion. This has been a trying season for all of us, and we appreciate Nuggets fans' continued faith and patience as we build our proud organization back to the NBA's elite."

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Re: Double Standard

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

No Double standard. It seems that the "progress toward a greater goal" at Arsenal is to make as much money as possible. Wenger is currently achieving his brief.

Plus Kroenke has far bigger fish to fry in securing the LA Rams franchise to bother with his London pocket money generator...

Good post though 8) welcome to miserable corner :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Welcome to the forum dano. 8)

REB

Post by REB »

i didnt understand the post :(

but welcome to the forum dano :mrgreen:

REB wrote:i didnt understand the post :(

:fryingpan:

I think the gist was that another of Kroenke's play things have sacked their head coach fro under performance yet we are still rewarding our dear leader handsomely for annual crapness.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

REB wrote:i didnt understand the post
:lol: me too :oops:

Welcome to the forum

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

For the benefit of dunce's corner:

What LeGinge said.

:lol:

:wink:

Welcome Dano, btw. :barscarf:

officepest wrote:For the benefit of dunce's corner:

What LeGinge said.

:wink:

Welcome Dano, btw. :barscarf:

We should rename the forums:
Miserable Corner
Dunces Corner
Naked Lady Corner
Troll Corner

REB

Post by REB »

LeGinge (Northern Branch) wrote:
REB wrote:i didnt understand the post :(

:fryingpan:

I think the gist was that another of Kroenke's play things have sacked their head coach fro under performance yet we are still rewarding our dear leader handsomely for annual crapness.

the arsenal way :mrgreen:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I have to say it

Book him Dano

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:I have to say it

Book him Dano
As I scrolled down I sensed an opportunity......trust you to beat me to it you old git :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:I have to say it

Book him Dano
As I scrolled down I sensed an opportunity......trust you to beat me to it you old git :wink:

Who you calling old. :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

dano wrote:Long time reader, now posting first time. As an introduction, am an American in England since 1985. Moved on assignment to London, chose Arsenal, and been a Gunner ever since. I played American football in the 70's and we had a person go to the next team to be played to shoot video, and we spent hours on a game plan to prepare (aka Tactics). If every team in America, from high school to university prepares and builds a game plan, I only know of one team that does not do, so am very much of the Wenger out brigade.

Worked for a Colorado company and ran across this today. Check out Josh's quote on their team in Denver, wish they had the same attitude over here. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12413 ... er-nuggets

"On behalf of everyone in the Denver Nuggets organization, I would personally like to thank Brian for his services the past two seasons in Denver," Josh Kroenke said. "He is a champion and a gentleman, and I wish him nothing but the best for himself and his family moving forward. Since we purchased the franchise in 2000, we have constantly strived to field a competitive team, culminating in 10 straight playoff appearances and a franchise-record 57 wins in the 2012-13 regular season. Expectations have been raised, and we want more.

"This season, our management staff has remained patient and supportive, as decisions of this nature are never taken lightly. Patience is encouraged, as long as the organization continues to show progress toward a greater goal. However, competing for championships is our goal, and therefore, we decided to make this decision now and look forward to conducting an extensive head coaching search upon the season's conclusion. This has been a trying season for all of us, and we appreciate Nuggets fans' continued faith and patience as we build our proud organization back to the NBA's elite."
Double standards? They're celebrating "10 straight play-off appearances" (read "16/17 consecutive CL appearances") and "a franchise-record 57 wins in the 2012-13 regular season" (read "2014 calendar trophy"). For "we want more" read "£100m transfer warchest"). :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

lol when i read that the nuggets had fired brian shaw, the FIRST thing i thought of was "why cant kroenke do the same thing to arsene?"

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
dano wrote:Long time reader, now posting first time. As an introduction, am an American in England since 1985. Moved on assignment to London, chose Arsenal, and been a Gunner ever since. I played American football in the 70's and we had a person go to the next team to be played to shoot video, and we spent hours on a game plan to prepare (aka Tactics). If every team in America, from high school to university prepares and builds a game plan, I only know of one team that does not do, so am very much of the Wenger out brigade.

Double standards? They're celebrating "10 straight play-off appearances" (read "16/17 consecutive CL appearances") and "a franchise-record 57 wins in the 2012-13 regular season" (read "2014 calendar trophy"). For "we want more" read "£100m transfer warchest"). :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

That was exactly my reaction too 8)

I think that it is high time that people accept that when it comes to the running of our club, neither the kroenke's nor wenker will ever change their ways so josh kroenke wont be leading a revolution inside AFC anytime soon :cry: