Abou Diaby - Injuries Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Diaby considered retirement

Post by Herd »

It isn't DIaby's fault he has been injured and it wasn't his fault he got a $60 k a week contract which runs until next season with no injury clauses.
That he has fought back instead of giving up is a testament to character and if he can play and make a contribution this term I will be very pleased for us and for him !

After that IF we re-sign him it should be on a pay as u are fit to play basis only ,he owes us that much but remember 1 thing .

He was injured in the service of the Arsenal,(the first time horrendously) ,he deserves some support !

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

"I have done the same kind of rehab as before but this time I have been working to make sure my fitness levels were where they should be for when I come back to play matches at the start of pre-season.
'Will I be like a new signing? I guess so, but they have said that many times before."

Snigger.

WENGER OUT

Blade

Post by Blade »

Lets see its July 29, please don't trip over blade of grass No.349584 and injure your hammies.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Herd wrote:It isn't DIaby's fault he has been injured and it wasn't his fault he got a $60 k a week contract which runs until next season with no injury clauses.
That he has fought back instead of giving up is a testament to character and if he can play and make a contribution this term I will be very pleased for us and for him !

After that IF we re-sign him it should be on a pay as u are fit to play basis only ,he owes us that much but remember 1 thing .

He was injured in the service of the Arsenal,(the first time horrendously) ,he deserves some support !
+1 :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

As if he was going to hop off the gravy train. And why would he? I certainly wouldn't.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Herd wrote:
Dont you mean he should pay us for playing?A conservative estimate he has trousered £12m in wages since 2006

DB10GOONER

Re: Abou Diaby - Injuries Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

We don't need two Diaby threads. Merged. :roll:

SteveO 35

Re: Wenger - pinning his hopes for the season on Diaby.

Post by SteveO 35 »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Expect him to announce a new 5 year contract soon.
We can only hope mate.....we can only hope

Need to tie our best players down

DB10GOONER

Abou Diaby - A stinky pile of shit?

Post by DB10GOONER »

As in, tie him down to that treatment table he's parked his arse on for the last 9 years or so... :roll:

:wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I read somewhere yesterday that Diaby has now had 39 injuries since his arrival :shock: :shock: :shock:

and yet we are still not offloading such a liability :roll:

As I've said before, nothing against the guy but this cannot continue.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:It isn't DIaby's fault he has been injured and it wasn't his fault he got a $60 k a week contract which runs until next season with no injury clauses.

Fair enuff!

But IF he does get injured (long term) again then he HAS to go. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: :rubchin: I wonder, is Diaby Arsenal's answer to Jack Ass ? :?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Im really so hoping he prooves all but Steve_O wrong, but Im worried he will have forgotten all the basics :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Does he know where the 'new Ground' is???... :oops:

Seriously though if he does come back and do well, it means that Arsenal (and we) benefit, so I sincerely hope he can make a come back and make a BIG difference. I still remember his goal against Derby in the 6th minute? - a 30 yard screamer as he dropped his shoulder came inside 3 defenders and BANG! :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Obviously more depth is always welcome but even if he was fit what role does he play? Don't see him fitting into the same team as Ramsey without negatively impacting on the latter.