Breath Testing at Football

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Breath Testing at Football

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Today, at the Cambridge United v Burton Albion game, they are doing a trial to Breathalyse supporters attending the match. According to BBC 5 Live, the "threshold" will be about 70 mil,( ie: about 2 pints).
The stewards will pick people at random, or target those that THEY feel may have been drinking. If successful it may be rolled out to every game.
What the fuck is going on?!
Football fans being demonised again!!!
I wonder if they will apply the same standards to the chavs that will be trawling the city/town centres pissed/drugged up tonight, and every other weekend?! :banghead: :twisted:

arseofacrow

Re: Breath Testing at Football

Post by arseofacrow »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Today, at the Cambridge United v Burton Albion game, they are doing a trial to Breathalyse supporters attending the match. According to BBC 5 Live, the "threshold" will be about 70 mil,( ie: about 2 pints).
The stewards will pick people at random, or target those that THEY feel may have been drinking. If successful it may be rolled out to every game.
I wonder if they will apply the same standards to the chavs that will be trawling the city/town centres pissed/drugged up tonight, and every other weekend?! :banghead: :twisted:
Surely they're the same people, mate?!! :D :wink:

No, this sounds like a load of bollocks although I'd imagine that some Arsenal supporters would welcome it - especially those sensitive types - because the last thing they need and want while they quietly try to enjoy the Arsenal is some passionate fans who've had a few at the local, perhaps using naughty words and generally, well, saying things :roll: :shock: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Today, at the Cambridge United v Burton Albion game, they are doing a trial to Breathalyse supporters attending the match. According to BBC 5 Live, the "threshold" will be about 70 mil,( ie: about 2 pints).
Surely they're the same people, mate?!! :D :wink:

No, this sounds like a load of bollocks although I'd imagine that some Arsenal supporters would welcome it - especially those sensitive types - because the last thing they need and want while they quietly try to enjoy the Arsenal is some passionate fans who've had a few at the local, perhaps using naughty words and generally, well, saying things :roll: :shock: :barscarf:

Are they going to stop selling beer at matches then ?
Else it could be construed as hypocritical to say the least !!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:

One of the reasons to introduce it. Maximum 2 beers outside - breatherlyser - then carry on drinking inside the stadium, no problem.

:roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Back in the day they should have breathalised the likes of Adams, Merse, Robson, Whiteside before a match. :rubchin:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:

One of the reasons to introduce it. Maximum 2 beers outside - breatherlyser - then carry on drinking inside the stadium, no problem.

:roll:
Agreed. I also think it ironic that one of the teams at the game that they are trialing it at is nicknamed "The Brewers" :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Whilst every other sport people are allowed to sit there in their seat with a pint....

Imagine if the scenes after the Wales v England rugby game this year (bloodied noses, paralytic messes sprawled all over the streets, city centre a garbage tip and apparently a lot of vicious aggro inside the ground) had happened after a Home Nations football match. Fuck me people would still be talking about it now!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

northbank123 wrote:Whilst every other sport people are allowed to sit there in their seat with a pint....

Imagine if the scenes after the Wales v England rugby game this year (bloodied noses, paralytic messes sprawled all over the streets, city centre a garbage tip and apparently a lot of vicious aggro inside the ground) had happened after a Home Nations football match. Fuck me people would still be talking about it now!
Because that's rugby old chap!

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

If they brought that in I'd be near to giving it up. Don't drink outside but then you can spend a fortune on piss water I the ground, aye fuck off. Mind I'd breathalyse everyone coming into Sunderland games, if you haven't had at least 8 points you can't come in, it's against your human rights :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

safcftm wrote:If they brought that in I'd be near to giving it up. Don't drink outside but then you can spend a fortune on piss water I the ground, aye fuck off. Mind I'd breathalyse everyone coming into Sunderland games, if you haven't had at least 8 points you can't come in, it's against your human rights :wink:

Tbf if you were watching o'shea, brown, Cattermole etc on a weekly basis, you would need a skinful of beer in you before kick off :lol: :lol:

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

My boy stated playing rugby a couple of years ago and has just finished his 2nd season u8s. The Wasps moved to the Ricoh arena in Cov at the end of last year and have taken him to many of the Aviva Premiership games there. Apart from the cost, I recently paid £20 for both of us for two games which includes next weeks game against Leicester, I love the fact that I can sit in the seat happily drinking a pint or bottle of lager. Treated very differently as a Rugby fan and the fans are just as working class.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Fucking anti alcohol brigade will have breathylisers at the entrance to every pub before long.

"Sorry sir, you have already consumed two pints. Therefore you are not allowed to enter this drinking establishment".

What a bunch of Kunitz :evil:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Paid £10 to watch Judgement Day in the Millennium Stadium last week 2 games - beer £4 a pint limited to 4 alcoholic drinks per person at a time. Bulmers on sale in bottles also £4. The beer was piss it was fosters.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

storrmin571 wrote:Paid £10 to watch Judgement Day...
:shock:

Sounds cheap but you got ripped off, mate.

:D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Couldn't pay me a tenner to go and watch that dross. Welsh regional rugby is in dire straits.