Away scheme renewals

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jaymitch81

Away scheme renewals

Post by jaymitch81 »

Anyone know when the away scheme renewals come out? I'm off on my hols soon and dont want to miss the deadline.

Cheers in advance.

jaymitch81

Re: Away scheme renewals

Post by jaymitch81 »

anyone had theirs yet?

gerstygooner

Post by gerstygooner »

Not had it mine through yet..seems late compared to other years?..

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Away Season Ticket scheme or in others words the ticket touts Charter !

I really wish they scrap this grossly unfair system which is abused by so many at Arsenal and bring in something a bit fairer and less easily manipulated !

jaymitch81

Post by jaymitch81 »

Herd wrote:The Away Season Ticket scheme or in others words the ticket touts Charter !

I really wish they scrap this grossly unfair system which is abused by so many at Arsenal and bring in something a bit fairer and less easily manipulated !
Whats your point?

herbert

Post by herbert »

For all you ticket touts out there I was told they were sent out friday and need to be back by the 29th of this month
:lol:

gerstygooner

Post by gerstygooner »

Why stop at the away scheme if we're all touts?..I wouldn't like to suggest the home season ticket is a grossly unfair system which is abused by many...even though it clearly is by some!..

gerstygooner

Post by gerstygooner »

Cheers Herbert...I can start comprising my price list for the coming season once I know my renewal is complete...anyone need tickets??..buying spares!!.

herbert

Post by herbert »

gerstygooner wrote:Cheers Herbert...I can start comprising my price list for the coming season once I know my renewal is complete...anyone need tickets??..buying spares!!.
You havent done it yet :rubchin: I was on it as soon as the fixtures were announced :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Away season ticket holders contribute nothing to Arsenal Football Club ,Season Ticket Holders provide an important revenue stream .
I feel that home season ticket Holders should have preference over them in terms of Cup Final tickets .
The system is abused by many who simply corner the market for away games then resell them at a profit or even back them to the club for less popular games.
I've lost count of the amount of times I've gone to away matches having bought them at inflated prices from scheme members however I do accept that there are genuine go everywhere types who do not abuse it !

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

How does the away scheme work?

I know you are comitted to 19 league aways and 6 Cup aways but what happens if you can't go? Can you sell it back like you can do with the ticket exchange?

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Herd wrote:Away season ticket holders contribute nothing to Arsenal Football Club ,Season Ticket Holders provide an important revenue stream .
I feel that home season ticket Holders should have preference over them in terms of Cup Final tickets .
The system is abused by many who simply corner the market for away games then resell them at a profit or even back them to the club for less popular games.
I've lost count of the amount of times I've gone to away matches having bought them at inflated prices from scheme members however I do accept that there are genuine go everywhere types who do not abuse it !
Cannot abide this comment. Our away fans are some of the best in the country. They are true supporters of the club all over the continent. They spend probably 3-4x the cost of a home season ticket on supporting the Arsenal. Never seen away tickets on sale for inflated prices on this forum or anywhere else.

gerstygooner

Post by gerstygooner »

Thanks for the last post, just had my renewal forms through and after the bombshell statement that we contribute nothing to the arsenal, I was considering not renewing, and saving a he'll of a lot of money!.

Seriously though is it wrong Herd that atleast a portion of the away support (approx 1000-1200 on away scheme I think), get priority on cup finals and such?..out of the 25k tickets made available to us this year?..I feel sorry for travel club members who could go to every game in a cup competition (if drawn away), and they don't even get a look in..or for those who can't even join the travel club..Just like home season tickets, once you have one, you can't take a year off, cause you just won't get it back!..

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Herd wrote: I feel that home season ticket Holders should have preference over them in terms of Cup Final tickets .
I don't think it would matter much since most of the away scheme also have season tickets. The ones that get screwed are travel club members with 20+ credits and no ST since they have no chance unless we draw Wigan again.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

I think its so funny that our beloved Herd slaughters the away scheme concept on this thread …

….and then on the Comm Shield thread says that he will buy some tickets just to get the credits ! so denying some poor 12 year old kid and his dad the chance to go to the game ….