Community Shield 2015.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Community Shield 2015.

Post by mcdowell42 »

Someone had to start a thread.Game is live on BT .

Gunner Rob

Re: Community Shield 2015.

Post by Gunner Rob »

well if we could only get 1 goal v Wolfsburg at home yesterday I don't expect us to score against the Chavs next week.

this match has all the makings of a total bore fest

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Two posts in and already doom and gloom :lol:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Obviously missing Sanchez is a big loss, but it could be the time that Wenger defeats Maureen, but as we all know Maureen usually has the tactics sorted.

However with it being the first match v PL team this season the tactical advantage could be less. After all its a bit of a home tie for us :wink:

2-1, Wilshere a screamer brace at Wemberlee again :wink:

Either way looking forward to the day out

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Actually fancy us to win this one...especially as the chavs are in the United States until Thursday!! :barscarf: :lol: :wink:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

If Clueless is ever going to beat the Moaning One it's more likely to be in a glorified friendly. 0-0, Cech to win it for us on pens :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Chelsea could fly straight in from the states sunday arvo,stroll onto the pitch and still beat us,Wenker v Mourinho,some peole have short memories,back to reality with a bump sadly :(
Last edited by markyp on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Was it really worth starting this thread or just renaming the Wenger thread, because that's what it will degenerate into.

This is the best squad we have had for years, it will be interesting to see if we can compete with Chelsea. I don't think we are that far away.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:Was it really worth starting this thread or just renaming the Wenger thread, because that's what it will degenerate into.

This is the best squad we have had for years, it will be interesting to see if we can compete with Chelsea. I don't think we are that far away.

They have a better defence than us. They have a better and more balanced midfield than us. They have a number 9 that pisses all over ours. Not to mention that they have a manager that has made le cock his bitch over the years. Regardless of how sunday goes, we are still some way behind the chavs :(

On a lighter note, did anyone see the foul by aurier against costa last saturday night ? There is fouling a guy in a crafty way, and then there is this type of foul where he doesnt give a fcuk how it looks :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNavIB8j94

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Was it really worth starting this thread or just renaming the Wenger thread, because that's what it will degenerate into.

They have a better defence than us. They have a better and more balanced midfield than us. They have a number 9 that pisses all over ours. Not to mention that they have a manager that has made le cock his bitch over the years. Regardless of how sunday goes, we are still some way behind the chavs :(

On a lighter note, did anyone see the foul by aurier against costa last saturday night ? There is fouling a guy in a crafty way, and then there is this type of foul where he doesnt give a fcuk how it looks :lol:

You could say the same with the Liverpool side of 1989, and the Man Ure team of 1998 both managed by highly successful managers.

John Terry has no more than a few seasons left at the top, our midfield with Coquelin as the defensive shield and the likes of Wilshere, the Ox and Ramsey firing on all cylinders shouldn't be dismissed. All we need is a bit of luck with injuries and our front line to share the goals.

There is no doubt Moaninho totally owns Wenger, but every cycle comes to an end. The thing that really pisses me off with this forum is how depressingly pessimistic most people are. If half you lot where supporting Arsenal in the 80s you'd probably be jumping off Tower Bridge by now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

You could say the same with the Liverpool side of 1989, and the Man Ure team of 1998 both managed by highly successful managers.

John Terry has no more than a few seasons at the top, and our midfield with Coquelin as the defensive shield and the likes of Wilshere, the Ox and Ramsey firing on all cylinders shouldn't be dismissed. All we need is a bit of luck with injuries and our front line to share the goals.

There is no doubt Moaninho totally owns Wenger, but every cycle comes to an end. The thing that really pisses me off with this forum is how depressingly pessimistic most people are. If half you lot where supporting Arsenal in the 80s you'd probably be jumping off Tower Bridge by now.
Sorry, that's just a tad Horsehit, mate. Most of the negative fuckers on here were supporting The Arsenal in the 80's. And a good few in the 70's too. :|

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

John Terry has no more than a few seasons at the top, and our midfield with Coquelin as the defensive shield and the likes of Wilshere, the Ox and Ramsey firing on all cylinders shouldn't be dismissed. All we need is a bit of luck with injuries and our front line to share the goals.

Sorry, that's just a tad Horsehit, mate. Most of the negative fuckers on here were supporting The Arsenal in the 80's. And a good few in the 70's too. :|
Absolutely. We're all miserable (or realistic) old fuckers on here 8) It's usually the twenty somethings who've only ever known Arsenal under Wenger that lick his arse

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Well there's no comparison then is there between the likes of whoops a daisy and alexis sanchez ffs! The reality is these days people are spoilt a lot more, hence the vitriole towards Wenger. It's like getting a blow job every day off a hot bird then when you are together for a few years she only obliges once a month, lifes a bitch ehh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

nut flush gooner

Leyton Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Absolutely. We're all miserable (or realistic) old fuckers on here 8) It's usually the twenty somethings who've only ever known Arsenal under Wenger that lick his arse

If you are an old fucker, what are you doing on the internet! I always knew those computer lessons for OAPs where a waste of taxpayers money !!

8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I have been supporting The Arsenal since the mid 70s buddy so you are barking up the wrong tree if you think that I am a jcl :lol:

For the record I am far from dismissing our midfield and I actually believe that we are just a top quality, physically imposing, DM away from being real challengers for the league 8) What I am saying though, is that matic and cesc are better than anything we currently have in those positions - that is by no means a disgrace because they are both top quality players