BT Sport and Streaming Matches

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

BT Sport and Streaming Matches

Post by nut flush gooner »

I signed up for a years contract with BT sport in March for £13.99 pm. This month with the introduction of CL footy on BT they have hiked up the price to £20. I am fuming about this, when I signed up there was no mention of this increase despite them having secured CL footy. It kind of stinks of corporate greed to me, their T&Cs allow them to price at whatever level they wish.

When we get to the end of the contract I am inclined to tell BT to fuck off. I have a sky TV contract which they discounted by 50% so only pay £27pm for hundreds of channels including the full sports offering. Thats the main reason I am really annoyed with BT they are providing a handful of channels for only a few quid less.

Does anyone still stream footy these days and can they recommend any good sites. I know wiziwig has now shut down.

Cheers.

REB

Re: BT Sport and Streaming Matches

Post by REB »

cricfree is the best. i use it every week and always good.

nut flush gooner

REB wrote:cricfree is the best. i use it every week and always good.
Thats great thank you. Pretty good stream too.

Just gonna see out my BT contract and they can do one.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I think I get it free with Virgin media but usually forget I have it as can't remember watching many games on it :?

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

The BT Euro channel was something you had to opt out of although they gave me plenty of warning and I did opt out. The only Euro games I watch are the Arsenal ones and the very late stages so I go to a licensed premises for those. We still get the prem league games from BT1 free with the broadband. I've used Stopstream or ATDHE to watch streams and both are quite good with not much buffering or freezing. This weekend and Monday night I watched on Sportzhd. The quality was at least as good as SD tv and I watched on full screen. The drawback is I think it only shows games that are on Sky.

nut flush gooner

Just cancelled BT sport, gave them 30 days notice and will be streaming non sky games from now on.

It was getting ridic, we where spending the best part of £100 per month on TV, broadband and phone. Sky are very good for haggling and always willing to give discounts, BT and Virgin are not so accomodating.

REB

Post by REB »

i have a guy coming today at 3 with an android box. cost including installation was 150euro which over here is the same as 3/4 months of sky/bt sports subscription, im hoping the picture quality is good for the games as then i will cancel my sports package and just keep the basic as i will need good broadband and be in profit so to speak before xmas.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm paying €150 per month to Sky for broadband, HD TV and landline phone. Also paying BT/Setanta €25 a month for HD sports package which is a bit steep. But BT did discount me the month I owed them from the end of last season and only charged me €1 for the first month of the current season when I re-joined, which wasn't bad for them.

Sky in general are very good if you phone them and complain about your package (steady Rodders, steady :-P ). I've received numerous freebees and great discounts off them over the last 20 years or so. 8)

REB

Post by REB »

your been screwed db, i pay 90e a month with upc for tv plus multiroom, phone,unlimited fast broadband and skysports. bring that bill down to 60e amonth once the android box is put in.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

REB wrote:your been screwed db, i pay 90e a month with upc for tv plus multiroom, phone,unlimited fast broadband and skysports. bring that bill down to 60e amonth once the android box is put in.
Was there a goat involved by any chance :rubchin: :wink: :lol:

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

If you have BT as a internet provider you can get a BT box "starter box" which does not have a monthly subscription but you have to pay a one of fee of £35. This includes ALL the BT sports channels+ ESPN. Quite impressed with it. It doesn't record but you can pause for up to 30 minutes while watching. I now have this running along side Sky. I cancelled Sky about a year ago and went without for a few months until they rang and offered a crazy deal of £28 per month for every channel. Will simply cancel if they don't offer the same deal when the contract expires. Just got to play them off against each other now.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I got sky sports for an extra €20 a month for 12 months ,I got Bt sports thru setanta ,1st month was €1 and then€25 a month after that.total monthly cost €83.Hoping it will save me money by not going to the pub to watch matches :rubchin:

REB

Post by REB »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
REB wrote:your been screwed db, i pay 90e a month with upc for tv plus multiroom, phone,unlimited fast broadband and skysports. bring that bill down to 60e amonth once the android box is put in.
goats were extra :D

mx box now set up and every sports channel is on it inc bt/setanta/espn plus all the movies inc every new release so happy days :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

This is my point, sky will offer discounts if you know how to play the system. BT don't want to know unless you sign up to their broadband and other services.

BT's customer service is also non existent. 15 minutes to speak to a buffoon from the sub continent who tells me I have to pay a disconnection fee because I am in contract, when I am transferred back to a UK office the guy apologetically waives the fee. Changing the cost of a deal mid contract is unacceptable.

I have a 23 inch screen, so its pretty much like a tv anyway and watching the streams from cricfree whilst not crystal clear are more than acceptable with £240 in my pocket.

I am paying £70 for fibre broadband, unlimited phone and Sky Entertainment package plus Sky Sports.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

REB wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
goats were extra :D

mx box now set up and every sports channel is on it inc bt/setanta/espn plus all the movies inc every new release so happy days :barscarf:
So they were involved.... :lol: