Munich Away: travel/hotels

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jaymitch81

Munich Away: travel/hotels

Post by jaymitch81 »

Anyone found or booked any decent deals for travel and/or hotels yet before flights go flying through roof?

gp543

Re: Munich Away: travel/hotels

Post by gp543 »

https://www.deraghotels.de/hotel-am-vik ... enchen/en/

Stayed here in 2014. Very close to where Marienzplatz/Hofbrauhaus/Where everyone will meet. Comfortable and modern hotel that's showing up as £115 a night for a room for two, arriving on the Monday and departing on the Thursday.

Trying flying into Memmingen as an alternative to MUC. Ryanair flies there from Stanstead and its an hour train into Munich.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

www.kayak.co.uk

Flight and accomodation scraper. You will get the best availability and prices. Given there will only be a few thousand gooners going on the Tuesday/Wednesday to different airports I don't think prices will go up that much.

jaymitch81

Post by jaymitch81 »

Cheers guys.

Memmingen seems the best way at the moment.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

jaymitch81 wrote:Cheers guys.

Memmingen seems the best way at the moment.
I don't agree that this is the best option. It's 1.5 hours outside Munich and the prices for the flights are not much different. You also get more choice flying into Munich int with flight times etc,

Don't be duped into thinking budget airlines are the cheapest way, it's a highly competitive market to Munich with both BA and KLM offering several flights a day. Flight scrapers such as kayak will include budget airlines anyway.

The difficult thing will be getting the tickets.

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

The Last time i went to Munich i flew to memmingen. There was 4 of us. Outside the airport we got into a taxi (People Carrier) We asked 4 other lads if they wanted to share a taxi. €15 each and we were at the central station in Munich in under the hour. On the way back we got a group train ticket for 4 of us at €3.50 each from munich central station to memmingen station.

As far as i know there is a bus also from Memmingen airport to Munich. Usually goes after the Ryanair flights land. €15 each but if there is a group of 3 or 4 the train is cheaper

BubalooDan

Post by BubalooDan »

Just booked up and personally, I think we got a decent deal. Return flights to Salzburg (Wed-Fri), return train fare to Munich and 2 nights in a hotel = £125pp.

See you there.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Just in time to see Welbeck's return.

:roll: :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Flying into Salzburg, riding the Migrant Express into Munich and then home from Nuremberg the evening after.

3rd trip in 3 seasons :lol: :barscarf:

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Was there last week and it was 35 degrees!! Stayed in a great hotel next to the Hofbräuhaus, can't wait to get back!!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fair play to the bloody lot of you heading out there - hope we put on a display that you deserve. How on earth you can drag yourselves there for the inevitable is beyond me......but I honestly salute you !

armchair

Post by armchair »

SteveO 35 wrote:Fair play to the bloody lot of you heading out there - hope we put on a display that you deserve. How on earth you can drag yourselves there for the inevitable is beyond me......but I honestly salute you !
Yes, fair play lads. I honestly couldnt face organising myself or have the motivation to get to this game. :(
If only Wenger was as commited to the cause as you lot are then we'd be in much better shape than a team of top four also-rans. You definitely deserve better than the mediocrity thats been on offer under the accountant.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Mirror image, flying into Nuremburg and out through Salzburg :shock:

About £180 all in so far, less the ticket price

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO 35 wrote:Fair play to the bloody lot of you heading out there - hope we put on a display that you deserve. How on earth you can drag yourselves there for the inevitable is beyond me......but I honestly salute you !
Maybe you'll come by a freebie. steveo!

:D :barscarf:

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

I'm doing Stansted - Salzburg on the Wednesday morning then back from Memmingen early Thurday morning for about £100 + £46 for a Ibis hotel near the main station... not bad i think