Other Champions Leauge matches

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
casgooner

Other Champions Leauge matches

Post by casgooner »

Can I put this here?

Luke Shaw has just been stretchered off with an horrific injury. I don't like to see bad injuries, especially after the ones we've had. I hope its not as bad as it looks, but he's on gas and air.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Other Champions Leauge matches

Post by officepest »

We can always rely on City to be even shitter than us in Europe: lost 2-1 at home to Juve.

officepest

Post by officepest »

casgooner wrote:Can I put this here?

Luke Shaw has just been stretchered off with an horrific injury. I don't like to see bad injuries, especially after the ones we've had. I hope its not as bad as it looks, but he's on gas and air.
Suspected broken leg.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

terrible injury for shaw reminiscent of Ramsey's.

City struggling as well.

Looks like it's up to Arsenal to show everybody how to do it in the CL. :roll:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Utd turned over 2-1 by PSV. :lol:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Both City and United will finish third.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

The coefficient is taking a battering this season. Southampton and West Ham already gone, Liverpool and Spurs won't take it seriously, City and United already in trouble and wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea screw up as well. 17/18 could be the first season without the VT place.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Bring on the demise of the VT. The club will then either be forced to show a leetle bit more ambition, or we'll finally be out of this borefest of a shitty competition, and Clueless will be under pressure :barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Bring on the demise of the VT. The club will then either be forced to show a leetle bit more ambition, or we'll finally be out of this borefest of a shitty competition, and Clueless will be under pressure :barscarf:
I reckon that Wenger would retire if that were to happen. 3rd place VT just doesn't have the same ring to it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mistical92 wrote:The coefficient is taking a battering this season. Southampton and West Ham already gone, Liverpool and Spurs won't take it seriously, City and United already in trouble and wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea screw up as well. 17/18 could be the first season without the VT place.
Whilst this has all been scaremongering in the past the credit from the PL's glory days in Europe of the second half of the 00s has well and truly run dry so for the first time it's an actual possibility. We are 4.5 points ahead of Italy and the next season's points to be wiped out the PL had 4 more than Italy so the deficit will more or less be gone.

That said the only decent team they have is Juventus and if all 4 PL teams reach the knockouts (as expected) and 2 of those win their last 16 ties then PL will be fine for another year most likely. The co-efficient system is self-perpetuating as having more teams in the competitions obviously leads to a higher points return.

Anyway I'm off to stick needles in my eyes.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Ah City finding out that you can buy the league and a top 4 finish, but you can't buy a first win in the group stages of the CL. Couldn't happen to a nicer club!

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Bah, both Manchester clubs 2-1 up :banghead: