The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

Post by Herd »

he was the cheapest available on the market . we eere looking for a welbeck stand in not a goalscori ng machine. weve got what we played for

holloway_gooner

Post by holloway_gooner »

What's the point in just replacing Welbeck with the cheapest available option? Welbeck was hardly the greatest option. Aside from the goal against Leicester, he hasn't really done too much. We needed an upgrade on him. And for them to be a striker.

Herd

Post by Herd »

holloway_gooner wrote:What's the point in just replacing Welbeck with the cheapest available option? Welbeck was hardly the greatest option. Aside from the goal against Leicester, he hasn't really done too much. We needed an upgrade on him. And for them to be a striker.
Because wenger doesnt like paying up for quality , problem with this approach is that with the massive inflation on the transfer market the longer you wait the more you will eventually pay as our move for Mustafi showed !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are lining up Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus, 27, to replace Alexis Sanchez if the Chilean leaves the club over his contract dispute. (Daily Mail)

Okay, so we know this is Not True, but even so what is or would be the point of trying to replace the irreplaceable - Just stump up the money Alexis wants - End of. :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

They will make money if they sell him now and replace him with Reus or some other schmuck so its quite possible.
Maybe they release news like this to test the water with fan reaction ,ie will they stand for this ??
Nothiong surprises me with the Arsenal franchise !

augie

Post by augie »

For a manager who likes to buy "potential" instead of proven quality, le cock really missed a trick by not signing Celtic's dembele when he was leaving fulham last summer. I know that people will understandably point to the lack of quality in the Scottish league, but dembele and McKay from rangers (another young player) looked like real talents yesterday. Mckay is a winger with has pace, who is really technically excellent and just glides by opposition defenders. Dembele, for such a young player, played the lone striker role to perfection - he was really strong on the ball, is technically outstanding, and he is lethal in front of goal (as shown by his outstanding finish for their equalizer).

Some of Europe's top clubs are now looking at dembele and I have zero doubt he will be signing for one of them next summer

Sean

Post by Sean »

Well... :lol: The transfer window is now open... :lol:

I don't think we'll be bringing anyone in, expect perhaps a token loan-fodder signing on the final day :roll:

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

:suicide:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i agree i don't think anyone will come in. We might let a few go out on loan. Either Debuchy or Jenkinson will go out and if no injuries I can see Ox going on loan.

But that's it.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm genuinely beginning to believe that both Ozil and Sanchez will both go in the summer, the clubs mindset will not allow us to make a huge financial loss on those players. Therefore AWs January will revolve around him scouting people who are cheaper and easier to manage so he can buy them in the Summer, the only real January business will be sales or loans out and maybe a couple of returns from loan :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Especially as we won't make 4th this season - so they will need to recoup the usual millions they get from the CL.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Need a keeper more than ever. Drag Planky out by his rusty nails, get Ospina in to the team immediately and spend whatever it takes to get a decent young keeper who can deal with the hurly burly of the Prem

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Remember, we can compete with any team in the transfer market for our targets. A few others were in for him. The Coach and Horses, The King's Head and The Cricketers were close to getting him but he chose us.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Ive heard rumours about Sneijder

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Ive heard rumours about Sneijder
:rubchin:

I've heard rumours about Angelina Jolie. Terrible rumours. :shock:

:lol: :wink: