The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Is it time for a Jan Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

GranadaJoe wrote:I've just read that Ramires has signed with a Chinese club.

The fact that a decent PL player would sign away the best years of his career playing in a shit country, for a shit team, in a shit league, speaks volumes for why the Chavs (and other clubs) are regressing.

Why earn a fortune, working hard to win trophies in a league with quality and history when you can fuck about with a load of pub-quality players earning squillions?? It's depressing to anyone who loves football.
There's so something else going on there surely. £25m from a Chinese team? There's no way in hell that the deal is legitimate. Where on earth has that money come from? I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a certain Russian oil magnate's own pocket as some sort of tax or trade manoeuvre.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

chelsea also received £50m for david luiz :|

MrT

Post by MrT »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:

The fact that a decent PL player would sign away the best years of his career playing in a shit country, for a shit team, in a shit league, speaks volumes for why the Chavs (and other clubs) are regressing.

Why earn a fortune, working hard to win trophies in a league with quality and history when you can fuck about with a load of pub-quality players earning squillions?? It's depressing to anyone who loves football.
There's so something else going on there surely. £25m from a Chinese team? There's no way in hell that the deal is legitimate. Where on earth has that money come from? I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a certain Russian oil magnate's own pocket as some sort of tax or trade manoeuvre.
Why is it surprising? These Chinese clubs are usually owned by wealthy billionaire tycoon types with rich investors trying to promote their league. It's not that out of the ordinary.

Ramires was always a dirty c*nt, let him rot in that shite league.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:chelsea also received £50m for david luiz :|
Also turned a £4m profit on Schurrle despite him flopping in his year there, raked in £37m for Mata who Mourinho clearly didn't like, and nearly trebled their money on de Bruyne after a handful of inconsequential appearances in a few years there.

Even going back further they raked in over £20m for Shaun Wright-Phillips & Wayne Bridge.

That's a club who knows how to negotiate a (selling) fee!

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

MrT wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:

Why is it surprising? These Chinese clubs are usually owned by wealthy billionaire tycoon types with rich investors trying to promote their league. It's not that out of the ordinary.

Ramires was always a dirty c*nt, let him rot in that shite league.

A few players have gone to China on big contracts, never to be paid, and Drogba and Anelka didn't last long.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thank fuck we rushed to sign Elneny in January so that he could watch us capitulate and concede 3 at Anfield and then fail to lay a glove on Chelsea whilst Flamini pops up just about everywhere except where he's meant to be from the comfort of the bench.

Obviously what we desperately need in Jan isn't quality player(s) that could make the difference between winning the title and not, it's actually another midfielder to add to the ranks who may turn into a decent player for us a few years down the line.

Still, I know that we'll sign somebody because Wenger assured us we'd be busy in the January transfer window, and he wouldn't lie or mislead us about that would he?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Thank fuck we rushed to sign Elneny in January so that he could watch us capitulate and concede 3 at Anfield and then fail to lay a glove on Chelsea whilst Flamini pops up just about everywhere except where he's meant to be from the comfort of the bench.

Obviously what we desperately need in Jan isn't quality player(s) that could make the difference between winning the title and not, it's actually another midfielder to add to the ranks who may turn into a decent player for us a few years down the line.

Still, I know that we'll sign somebody because Wenger assured us we'd be busy in the January transfer window, and he wouldn't lie or mislead us about that would he?
Evening old chap;

I've just read that Senderos has been released by Villa. Our defensive frailties could be solved at the simple offer of a standard £60k p/w contract.

I think I'm joking, but one never knows with the old duffer in charge.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

After the tremendously successful re-signings of Campbell, Henry, Lehmann and Flamini why not??

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:After the tremendously successful re-signings of Campbell, Henry, Lehmann and Flamini why not??

I cannot understand how some have dismissed the possibility of re-signing eboue - I am not for one second saying that we will sign eboue, but I am saying that with wenker in charge I certainly would never rule it out :oops:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

northbank123 wrote:Thank fuck we rushed to sign Elneny in January so that he could watch us capitulate and concede 3 at Anfield and then fail to lay a glove on Chelsea whilst Flamini pops up just about everywhere except where he's meant to be from the comfort of the bench.

If you read his quote, he didn't say WE would be busy. He said that IT would be a busy TW. He appears to be wrong on that as well.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just reading on BBC, Arsenal have agreed a £23m deal for Andriy Karmolenko from Dynamo Kiev, and still in negotiations for striker Nolito.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Nos89 wrote:Just reading on BBC, Arsenal have agreed a £23m deal for Andriy Karmolenko from Dynamo Kiev, and still in negotiations for striker Nolito.
Its on the transfer gossip pages :barscarf:

I will get in before SteveO...

Yarmolenko and Nolito aren't coming :barscarf: :barscarf:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Chin up chaps, we could always recall that goal machine Sanogo from Ajax.
3 appearances in Eredivisie so far, and no goals. That fits in nicely with his 21 appearances in the Premier league for Palace and us without scoring.

This still makes me chuckle.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... las-anelka

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Nos89 wrote:Just reading on BBC, Arsenal have agreed a £23m deal for Andriy Karmolenko from Dynamo Kiev, and still in negotiations for striker Nolito.
Yarmolenko is not coming.

Nolito, a 29 year old who has never played in England rumoured to be joining a team desperate for a prolific goal scorer to help shoot them to the title. Sounds bloody likely.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:After the tremendously successful re-signings of Campbell, Henry, Lehmann and Flamini why not??

I cannot understand how some have dismissed the possibility of re-signing eboue - I am not for one second saying that we will sign eboue, but I am saying that with wenker in charge I certainly would never rule it out :oops:
Please stop saying that. If you say it often enough it might fucking happen!! :shock: :suicide:

:lol: :wink: