AST, AISA, Redaction, Black Scarf Etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

AST, AISA, Redaction, Black Scarf Etc

Post by augie »

I know that there are a few members of the various organisations claiming to represent Arsenal fans, but I am wondering who is a member of which groups and what exactly these groups do ? What is their groups views on the malaise in our club ? How often do the organisations seek the views of their members ? How much is the membership for the various organisations and do you feel that you are getting value for your money ?

As many of you will already know, I am a big critic of these groups and I fail to see what purpose they serve with the exception of maybe campaigning for some cosmetic changes at the grove. Personally it angers me that no group has ever came out strongly questioning the manager and seeking a change because I believe that there would be a noticeable change straight away in how things are run as soon as a new manager assumes control. However of late it has also begin to piss me off big time that no group seems to be willing to publicly lambast the absent owner - I can understand somewhat (but not agree at all) with the hesitation to publicly slate le cock after his exploits a decade ago, but kroenke has never done anything for the club and yet is, to all intensive purposes, getting a free pass for the farcical state our club is in :shock: Do the members of these groups realise the significant fall from grace in which our club is in ? Do the members even try to put forth contravarsial viewpoints calling for action and if so do they feel that they feelings are being listened to ?

As I said, my opinions on these groups is well documented, but I am on the outside looking in and I am wondering if there is more to these groups than meets the eye cos if there isnt, then they may as well disband imo

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: AST, AISA, Redaction, Black Scarf Etc

Post by officepest »

Not one of these groups has the bollocks to call it like it is: namely, that the removal of the manager is of paramount importance.

Until one of them does then they can bleat on about atmosphere, ticket prices and the board all they like – but it will mean fuck all to me as they continue to skirt around the elephant in the room: which is that the incompetent buffoon in charge of team affairs appears to have his head well and truly stuck up his arse.

Total wastes of space.

armchair

Post by armchair »

officepest wrote:Not one of these groups has the bollocks to call it like it is: namely, that the removal of the manager is of paramount importance.

Until one of them does then they can bleat on about atmosphere, ticket prices and the board all they like – but it will mean fuck all to me as they continue to skirt around the elephant in the room: which is that the incompetent buffoon in charge of team affairs appears to have his head well and truly stuck up his arse.

Total wastes of space.
If we were actually competitive and had ambition and were genuinely competiting for top trophys, not just top four and a cup the atmosphere would look after itself and I guarantee you we wouldnt be complaining so much about prices and the board. We may actually get some VFM.
Wengers cowardice in refusing to go all out to attempt to lift the club up where it belongs is the reason these fan groups exist at all but somehow they dont address the very problem that would transform the club.
A new manager would give the whole place a lift and all the AKB, WOB shit would be gone. We'd all be behind the new man and his new team, ideas.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I'm a life member of AST and AISA. It's a long time since I joined but I think each one was £250. I can't remember now why I joined but probably to ensure that the Board and manager are held to account. :lol: Ironic eh????

I've been to a few meetings but became disillusioned with exactly what Officepest speaks about. There are a lot of very passionate supporters but far too many are unwilling to cross that imaginary line and let rip at Wenger and The Board. As supporters we have the power to rid ourselves of this dreadful status quo but too many people don't want to be the one to stand up DURING A MATCH and give it to Wenger, the players or The Board.

Sure!y the whole point of a supporters' organisation is to hold the management to account when things could be improved?????

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I'm a life member of AST and AISA. It's a long time since I joined but I think each one was £250. I can't remember now why I joined but probably to ensure that the Board and manager are held to account. :lol: Ironic eh????

I've been to a few meetings but became disillusioned with exactly what Officepest speaks about. There are a lot of very passionate supporters but far too many are unwilling to cross that imaginary line and let rip at Wenger and The Board. As supporters we have the power to rid ourselves of this dreadful status quo but too many people don't want to be the one to stand up DURING A MATCH and give it to Wenger, the players or The Board.

Sure!y the whole point of a supporters' organisation is to hold the management to account when things could be improved?????
£250 fuck! These organisations seem to be ripping gooners off almost as much as the club itself!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:moderator: Awooooooogaaaah! :moderator: Awooo-fucking-gaaaaah!! :moderator:

VANITY THREAD ALERT!!

Awoooooogaaaaaaah!!! Please leave the area. Move as instructed. Please Leave the area.

:moderator:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Only kidding, augs! :D :wink:

To be honest, I think it would be interesting if representatives of these groups, not just members, came on here and explained their standpoint. And please lads, if they do, can we keep it civil? We are all Gooners after all

- well, with one exception... :D

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Only kidding, augs! :D :wink:

To be honest, I think it would be interesting if representatives of these groups, not just members, came on here and explained their standpoint. And please lads, if they do, can we keep it civil? We are all Gooners after all

- well, with one exception... :D

Thats what I was looking for - as I said, I am on the outside looking in so am not in a position to say, but is there an end game or strategy in play with any of these groups or have they any proper aims ? This is a genuine question and not me having a pop at them

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i have just remembered that I joined the Black Scark Movement as I thought that they might start to address some of the issues augie mentions.

however they just seem to have become like any other Arsenal supporters group - ie a waste of space

surely there are enough supporters wanting a change at the club now for these fans groups to start really questioning the direction of the club?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Looking at the AISA website there is the usual stuff, meeting dear Mr Kroenke a while ago, last years AGM special guest John Cross...... They all seem to have a lot of input into the running of the club, but of course if there is any upset expressed over the team performance or especially the manager any access will go at once.

Perhaps some of us should email some of the exec and ask WTF is going on.. http://www.aisa.org/about-us/committee-roles

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

The results of the AST survey at the end of last season

http://arsenaltrust.org/news/latest-new ... sults-2015

84% of AST members think Wenger is the right man to manage Arsenal.84 fucking per cent :banghead:

76% were happy with Arsenal's performance in recent years :banghead:

What fucking chance do we have with fans like these

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

donaldo71 wrote:The results of the AST survey at the end of last season

84% of AST members think Wenger is the right man to manage Arsenal.84 fucking per cent :banghead:

Those figures are astonishing tbh. :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:

yes to be honest at the upcoming AGM all Kroenke needs to do is state those figures, put the FA Cup out on the table and then start discussing the increase in ticket prices for 2016/17 :banghead:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Theoperator wrote:Looking at the AISA website there is the usual stuff, meeting dear Mr Kroenke a while ago, last years AGM special guest John Cross...... They all seem to have a lot of input into the running of the club, but of course if there is any upset expressed over the team performance or especially the manager any access will go at once.

Perhaps some of us should email some of the exec and ask WTF is going on.. http://www.aisa.org/about-us/committee-roles
Isn't the lack of any pressure from these groups because the people running them are fed and watered by the club. I imagine they get well looked after during their cosy meetings and like to tell their pals how they are on name terms with the Arsenal hierachy.
A bit like MPS. Why rock the boat when you have a nice position to protect.
I bet the feeling of self importance is overwhelming even though Gazidis and his cronies really only pay lip service to them and there "objectives".

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

DB10GOONER wrote:

84% of 12 voters is not a lot :D