Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by northbank123 »

Would rather have Gervinho in the side right now. And I am not joking at all.

Absolutely pathetic from this bloke again. When he got one on one with Kolo Toure with about 50 yards of space behind even a Sunday league winger would have knocked it past him and been gone. Ox slowed the play right down and managed to get tackled.

Sean

Post by Sean »

The poor bastard has been ruined by The Old Fraud. No fucking coaching or feedback whatsoever :(

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

northbank123 wrote:Would rather have Gervinho in the side right now. And I am not joking at all.

Absolutely pathetic from this bloke again. When he got one on one with Kolo Toure with about 50 yards of space behind even a Sunday league winger would have knocked it past him and been gone. Ox slowed the play right down and managed to get tackled.
agreed

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

The bloke is absolutely chronic at the moment; he looks like he’s been plucked out of the stands.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Good news - Theo Walcott is coming off :barscarf:

Bad news - to be replaced by Alex Oxlade Chamberlain :banghead:

Blade

Post by Blade »

He lost the ball in typical Oxlade fashion -led to their equalizer.

I make that 6 goals directly from his sloppy/untidy play.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

That one on one with Toure was a complete joke. Wenger definitely noticed it big time as he referenced how poor decisions in the final third were made in his post match interview. He's really blown his chance this season - the injuries we had basically screamed "hey bro do something".

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Sean wrote:The poor bastard has been ruined by The Old Fraud. No fucking coaching or feedback whatsoever :(
Even if Wenger was tying his bootlaces together it wouldn't excuse how piss-poor he is playing.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He's woeful at the moment, truly woeful. This is Chamakh levels of poor form. I can't actually blame Wenger for this as it looks like a lack of confidence bred from a lack of application.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Normal service has resumed.

Utterly dismal Ox.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

On a positive, he had a couple of decent shots from outside the box, one of which deflected of Kos and could have ended up going in.

His distribution however, for a central midfielder was very poor, frequently attempting an ambitious pass only to give it straight to a Stokie.
Last edited by StuartL on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As King of The L's, Stuart says, a couple decent shots from Ox. But everything else he touched turned into the kind of shit that dribbles down a Stoke fan's chin after they have been muff diving on their mother. Who of course is also their sister. :x

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I feel about OX the way I used to about Theo, he'll come good, give him time. :banghead: Theo has let me down so I have no hope for the OX. For whatever reason, neither has or is reaching their potential. Move on and take Jack with you, he's just another sick note.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

the effort was there but unfortunately he makes too many poor decisions and when he does make the right decision, he can't execute and passes the ball off the pitch. really frustrating.

markyp

Post by markyp »

does anybody actually know what position he was playing in against stoke because for the life of me I didnt have a clue,he was running about in headless chicken fashion covering every blade of grass but doing it all appallingly,im one of his biggest fans and like to cut him some slack but yesterday he hit new lows of shitness :cry: