Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by arseofacrow »

donaldo71 wrote:The only reason he is still at the club is the same as Walcott.His passport.When you are glad to see Campbell replace him you realise how poor he is
Exactly. Was happy to see Campbell if partly for the added defensive work.

:shock:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

The Ox has been messed about by Wenger for the past 2 seasons, either being played out of position or not at all. Is it any wonder the guy is struggling to find his form? Or does that excuse only apply with Ozil? :rubchin: :rubchin: He hasn't suddenly gone from being an exciting talent to being Denilsonesque!!

Seems I'm in the minority on here but I, for one, still see him as a very good player with the potential to be a world beater and won't write him off. There are reasons for his admittedly less than stellar performances so far this season.

augie

Post by augie »

I Hate Hleb wrote:The Ox has been messed about by Wenger for the past 2 seasons, either being played out of position or not at all. Is it any wonder the guy is struggling to find his form? Or does that excuse only apply with Ozil? :rubchin: :rubchin: He hasn't suddenly gone from being an exciting talent to being Denilsonesque!!

Seems I'm in the minority on here but I, for one, still see him as a very good player with the potential to be a world beater and won't write him off. There are reasons for his admittedly less than stellar performances so far this season.

You might be in the minority but you sure as hell are not on your own with those views 8) Over the past few years I have heard fans calling for more patience for players like diaby, gibbs, Chesney and wally (people still making excuses for wally ffs :roll: ), and yet these same fans feel that it is fair to write off the ox and chambers already :roll: Neither is playing well and neither has played well for a while, but there is real potential in both of them and I firmly believe that if they were in a proper coaching system, the improvements in both would be massive - sadly for them (and us) they is stuck in a system where coaching is minimal unless you count 5 a side short passing games :oops: :roll: :evil:

What the future has in store for these lads is unclear - I have no doubt that le cock will want to keep them as they help to fill the "home-grown quota" requirements (another example of a poorly thought out plan by the football authorities :roll: ), but they will be seriously endangering their future if they stay with our club. They are at the age now where they need regular games to aid their development and they aint gonna get that with us :(

Sean

Post by Sean »

northbank123 wrote:Think it is another damning indictment on our coaching and player development that a talented player has sunk to such a consistently shite level. It's no coincidence that our insistence to play this ridiculous system has damaged players who have been stuck out wide more than anybody because nobody seems to know what their role really is. Podolski, Gervinho, Arshavin, Chamberlain - all regressed horrendously playing on the wing for us. The only reason why Sanchez has been able to shine is because he is willing to disregard the wing and play centrally as much as he wants.

That said, it is no complete excuse for Chamberlain and he has to take the majority of the blame for his piss-poor performances. Whilst our wingers are generally asked to babysit for full-backs too much in my opinion, his defending is absolutely abysmal and his failure to grasp the basics cost us time and time again. He is just not doing anything right at all.
This. So much this. Chamberlain has gone backwards since he joined us.

How the fuck TOF got World Coach of the Decade, I don't know. He's become all myth and no substance, like our much vaunted 'youth prospects'. There was a time when Chamberlain seemed that he could be better than Walcott and was certainly suited much better physically to the Premier League.

I also hate how our full-backs play like wingers (Hello Hector!) leaving us constantly outnumbered on the break :banghead:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:The Ox has been messed about by Wenger for the past 2 seasons, either being played out of position or not at all. Is it any wonder the guy is struggling to find his form? Or does that excuse only apply with Ozil? :rubchin: :rubchin: He hasn't suddenly gone from being an exciting talent to being Denilsonesque!!

]

He's only 22 so he can't be written off, but he's been with us for 5 years now, his potential should be more of a reality. I want him to succeed I really do, but hr should start now.

Blade

Post by Blade »

The Ox has been messed about by Wenger for the past 2 seasons, either being played out of position or not at all
That's bcos AW did not want to pay the add ons based on apps.

After 70th minute no additional payment to Southampton.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Blade wrote:
The Ox has been messed about by Wenger for the past 2 seasons, either being played out of position or not at all
That's bcos AW did not want to pay the add ons based on apps.

After 70th minute no additional payment to Southampton.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He has been messed about and I think everybody here would agree that our style of coaching and our tactical set-up have been significant impediments to his development.

But he also has to take a fair amount of flak - his defensive ineptitude is beyond belief and the level of performance is just nowhere near excusable.

Less talented players have broken through at much later stages in their career so Ox is far from finished beyond recovery. That said the way he is just going from bad to worse week on week, can you see him turning it around and developing into the best player he could be at us?

Blade

Post by Blade »

One could write a novel about how things are done at AFC.

Blade

Post by Blade »

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I used to really like the Ox and now like the majority of this team I can't stand to look at him! I really wish he would also do something about his barnet, it looks like the top of microphone that's gone through a saw mill!!!

Sean

Post by Sean »

northbank123 wrote:

He has been messed about and I think everybody here would agree that our style of coaching and our tactical set-up have been significant impediments to his development.

But he also has to take a fair amount of flak - his defensive ineptitude is beyond belief and the level of performance is just nowhere near excusable.

Less talented players have broken through at much later stages in their career so Ox is far from finished beyond recovery. That said the way he is just going from bad to worse week on week, can you see him turning it around and developing into the best player he could be at us?
Of course he could turn it around.

But only under a different manager. TOF has wasted more promising careers than he has helped :banghead:
Blade wrote:
One could write a novel about how things are done at AFC.
That is fucking ridiculous. Only at Arsenal :banghead:

So this is still going on? TOF is a penny-pinching fucking embarrassment to the club :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:Hes been shite for a while now and that bt advert about the 6-0 gubbing at the chavs didnt do him any favours in my eyes either.
Glad he could fucking laugh about it, bit more time on the training pitch and less time doing TV adverts and YouTube/Pravda features might have helped.

Think it is another damning indictment on our coaching and player development that a talented player has sunk to such a consistently shite level. It's no coincidence that our insistence to play this ridiculous system has damaged players who have been stuck out wide more than anybody because nobody seems to know what their role really is. Podolski, Gervinho, Arshavin, Chamberlain - all regressed horrendously playing on the wing for us. The only reason why Sanchez has been able to shine is because he is willing to disregard the wing and play centrally as much as he wants.

That said, it is no complete excuse for Chamberlain and he has to take the majority of the blame for his piss-poor performances. Whilst our wingers are generally asked to babysit for full-backs too much in my opinion, his defending is absolutely abysmal and his failure to grasp the basics cost us time and time again. He is just not doing anything right at all.
Agree with all of that. Would add that there seems to be a confidence problem with the Ox too. A top top coach with man management skills would address that but Wenger won't. :|

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

The problem is highlighted by the fact that Chamberlain specifically spoke about the way Sanchez plays and his admiration of it but doesn't show anywhere near that level of commitment himself.

:roll:

Blade

Post by Blade »

"The clause was WORKED into the agreement by chief executive Ivan Gazidis and his team of officials that negotiated a deal, is having a rather large impact on one of the club’s most talented players."

Still in force for Ox.

So Southampton sends us an invoice every time he plays longer than 20 mintues.
Last edited by Blade on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.