Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Nos89 »

Reading some of the posts on here I suspect there will be as many Gooners furious with the club for offering him £180k a week as there will be for selling him.

shu

Post by shu »

180k per week for someone who cannot usually get in the first 11 !!!!!!!

They know he is going , we would he choose to stay and not go to Chelsea , so they come up with 180k per week so it isn't their fault.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

He's probably worth that.... but NOT playing for Wenger. Under a good manager I believe he can be developed into a really good player. He'll never get any better than he is now if he stays, he'll just continue to blow hot and cold. He needs a MANAGER, a proper manager.

I hope for his sake he goes, and I hope he makes good. I'm tired of Wenger trashing young players careers. Also love to see him stick 2 fingers up at Wenger after his veiled threats yesterday.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

The club will do their usual bs spin about "we offered him nearly £200K what can we do?", the reality is Ox wants to leave because we can't offer him a midfield role, money is a side issue.

I think he did well when he had the chance in mf but Wenger has his adopted son Ramsey there and Xhaka cost £35M so must start and even Elneny if preferred because the super duper Arsenal stat software says he's great. :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Double-edged sword really. I'd prefer he didn't go to Chelsea, yet I don't think he is worth 180k a week.
We have far too many players being paid far above their worth already.

Sanchez is currently paid around that and I wouldn't saying the Ox is anywhere the same level.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sky reporting he's turned down the contract offer and will find out in the next 24 hours if he can leave the club.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Ox will be a brilliant player under another manager, mark my words. It'll be proof again (if any more was needed) that we have a clueless coach in charge at Arsenal.

He's not worth £180k under Wenger's management, but he would be under Conte's.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

NickF wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:57 pm
Double-edged sword really. I'd prefer he didn't go to Chelsea, yet I don't think he is worth 180k a week.
We have far too many players being paid far above their worth already.

Sanchez is currently paid around that and I wouldn't saying the Ox is anywhere the same level.
Nick, he's definitely not worth that at us...I think he will become worth that at Chelsea or even Liverpool. I could see him at Liverpool actually, dunno how much game time he'll get at Chelsea. Whatever happens, for the salvation of his career, he needs to get away from Wenger.

augie

Post by augie »

I've long since accepted that sanchez wouldn't sign a new deal for us regardless of how much he is offered, so for me losing the ox is the greatest scandal of our transfer business - I really believe that there is a great player in him and is just waiting to be developed by a proper manager, and educated tactically too. I stated last season that I 100% believe that he knew what he was doing when he "liked" the tweet slating wenger, and no bullshit pr explanation will change my mind on that.
All that being said, IF he isn't gonna sign a new deal with us, then he and every single one of the c.unts that has 12 months left on their contracts, should be sold for as much money as we can get (and yes I am including sanchez in that)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Sky reporting he's turned down the contract offer and will find out in the next 24 hours if he can leave the club.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Wenger forces him to stay for his final year then sticks him in the reserves just to spite him.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Kolasinac is on about £150K, you can't compare it to the £140K a week Sanchez and Ozil are on, their deals are 3-4 years out of date and well before the influx of poison TV money, £180K is probably about right in a stupid inflated market relative to what other good players are currently being offered.

The point is it is not about money, the club want to deflect away the real issue, which is that Ox has lost faith in the manager and is annoyed because he doesn't want to be a wing back.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wenger: "Loooook, you are a wingback...."
Ox: "Look, you are a cúnt."

:D :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

How the fuck is Wallcott on £140K a week, the whole transfer negotiations, pay deals and contracts running down are really unbelievable for a multi million pound business such as Arsenal FC

Why is he not brought to account??????

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm
How the fuck is Wallcott on £140K a week, the whole transfer negotiations, pay deals and contracts running down are really unbelievable for a multi million pound business such as Arsenal FC

Why is he not brought to account??????
Walcott is still at the club, because he was the initial pet project under Wenger. A 16 year old with potential, signed for a large fee, and no matter what happens, Wenger sticks with him.