Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by falkirk goon »

Hes been shite for a while now and that bt advert about the 6-0 gubbing at the chavs didnt do him any favours in my eyes either.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

falkirk goon wrote:Hes been shite for a while now and that bt advert about the 6-0 gubbing at the chavs didnt do him any favours in my eyes either.
Glad he could fucking laugh about it, bit more time on the training pitch and less time doing TV adverts and YouTube/Pravda features might have helped.

Think it is another damning indictment on our coaching and player development that a talented player has sunk to such a consistently shite level. It's no coincidence that our insistence to play this ridiculous system has damaged players who have been stuck out wide more than anybody because nobody seems to know what their role really is. Podolski, Gervinho, Arshavin, Chamberlain - all regressed horrendously playing on the wing for us. The only reason why Sanchez has been able to shine is because he is willing to disregard the wing and play centrally as much as he wants.

That said, it is no complete excuse for Chamberlain and he has to take the majority of the blame for his piss-poor performances. Whilst our wingers are generally asked to babysit for full-backs too much in my opinion, his defending is absolutely abysmal and his failure to grasp the basics cost us time and time again. He is just not doing anything right at all.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Ox is one of hose players who I am willing to succeed. He showed promise when he came and he seems to be a thoroughly nice bloke. I thought he tried to put in a shift yesterday, but he ran into blind alleys or made wayward passes. Maybe a run in the team would help, if we can afford it, or at least a good chunk of time off the bench. The trouble is, our bench is so lightweight at the moment.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:Hes been shite for a while now and that bt advert about the 6-0 gubbing at the chavs didnt do him any favours in my eyes either.
He also seems to be in the England squad regardless of how he has been performing for us, which sends out the wrong signal too.

Also shows how piss poor the England squad is.

Like casgooner, I want him to do well but right now it just aint happening.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
He also seems to be in the England squad regardless of how he has been performing for us, which sends out the wrong signal too.

Tony "chip on my shoulder about Arsenal and thick fuckwad to boot" Gale before the game:

"Walcott and Chamberlain starting on the wings. Roy will be pleased."

oops... :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

arseofacrow wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Tony "chip on my shoulder about Arsenal and thick fuckwad to boot" Gale before the game:

"Walcott and Chamberlain starting on the wings. Roy will be pleased."

oops... :oops:

Absolute classic description :D :D

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

The only reason he is still at the club is the same as Walcott.His passport.When you are glad to see Campbell replace him you realise how poor he is

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Before Ozil and Sanchez turned up, someone like the Ox was close to the 1st team picture. We've moved up a grade and it's difficult for him to get in the side, no shame in that.

He has been absolute pony when given the chance this season though (Sanchez' recent injury), I think the only BritishCore players holding their own at the moment are Ramsey and Walcott (Walcott winning the race for the only spare slot in the front 4).

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It's been a while since we've had some obvious squad discontent actually, given we have about 7 or 8 players that are nailed on starters when fit.

I can see Debuchy fucking off soon and perhaps it won't be long before the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gibbs follow suit.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

donaldo71 wrote:The only reason he is still at the club is the same as Walcott.His passport.When you are glad to see Campbell replace him you realise how poor he is

If, at the start of the season, you'd posted on the charity shield thread after he scored that cracker against the chavs that by Christmas you'd rather see Joel Campbell in the side ahead of him you'd have been fucking sectioned. And yet here we are.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:The only reason he is still at the club is the same as Walcott.His passport.When you are glad to see Campbell replace him you realise how poor he is

If, at the start of the season, you'd posted on the charity shield thread after he scored that cracker against the chavs that by Christmas you'd rather see Joel Campbell in the side ahead of him you'd have been fucking sectioned. And yet here we are.
That's the frustrating thing....he has got the ability in him, it's just been buried deep down.
Only hard work will bring its reward eventually, he just needs to knuckle down and persevere.

Blade

Post by Blade »

It's absurd it's like he's never seem a football in his life before.So sloppy/untidy in possession.

Responsible for goals against Dynamo,Monaco,WH and Chelsea.

His father was a useful player.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Blade wrote:It's absurd it's like he's never seem a football in his life before.So sloppy/untidy in possession.

Responsible for goals against Dynamo,Monaco,WH and Chelsea.

His father was a useful player.
He showed promise when he first started......but these guys become millionaires so quickly, they forget quickly the effort required to get where they are, modern players are often in a celebrity bubble detached from real fans

armchair

Post by armchair »

Very much overrated and always has been imo. I'd get rid before its too late. No more fukin about waiting for players like him to "fulfill their massive potential" Ox? Meh. :|

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I was an Ox fan for a while but recently I've given up hope. Seems clueless nowdays and fucks up on the defensive end.