Shirt Storage

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rob Admin
Site Admin

Shirt Storage

Post by Rob Admin »

Have been going through my old shirts and plan to store them, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on how to best do this.

Was thinking about one of those vacum bags or is that overkill?

Funny how different shirts conjure different memories, one in particular just shouted "Keown" :)

Rob.

robbo10

Re: Shirt Storage

Post by robbo10 »

Rob Admin wrote:Have been going through my old shirts and plan to store them, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on how to best do this.

Funny how different shirts conjure different memories, one in particular just shouted "Keown" :)

Rob.
Abou Diaby stored his shirts in the first team kit crate for years and they stayed immaculate...in fact nie on unworn! :wink:

Personally I'd do the vacuum bag thing,but as I havent owned an Arsenal shirt since 1986 I've never had to store mine.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Great reply :)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

couldn't hurt to frame a couple on the wall? looks rather classy, although that's more for sort of memorabilia that's been signed and stuff, if you plan to wear it, it becomes a hassle having to open the frame up :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We've got tens and tens of old shirts. Agree with what you said about shorts conjuring up memories!

No suggestions on storage - depends what you're wanting to do with them. If it's just sticking them in the attic then just a black sack would do?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:We've got tens and tens of old shirts. Agree with what you said about shorts conjuring up memories!
Each to their own I suppose.

Have got a few oldies just in a plastic storage box under the bed - including a signed authenticated Fabregas one, which is in a plastic vacuum.

Also have my Anfield 89 away shirt signed by the first team squad that summer but I keep it on a hanger.

Storing up the loft will lead to them smelling musty and you can't spend an idle afternoon reminiscing quite so easily

:barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote: Agree with what you said about shorts conjuring up memories!
Still have the occasional nightmare about Perry Groves in his tight ones eh ?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

StuartL wrote:
northbank123 wrote: Agree with what you said about shorts conjuring up memories!
:coffeespit: Before my time mate (thankfully)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rob Admin wrote:Have been going through my old shirts and plan to store them, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on how to best do this.

Rob.
Not a good idea - They crush & crease everything - even nylon based articles - would suggest finding a 'hanging space' for them on hangers, dry and occasionally give them an 'airing' - Or maybe sell them and go on a bender or give to a good charity. :? <galicshrug>

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

At first glance I thought the title said "Shit Storage"

If it was a game of Jeopardy:

What is White Hart Lane used for ?

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

Not much help but mine are in filing cabinets so I can get to them easily, not that I ever wear them (gk collection).
If you've got somewhere to hang them that'd be my first choice but I'm guessing space might be an issue. How many are there?

armchair

Post by armchair »

OneBardGooner wrote:Not a good idea - They crush & crease everything - even nylon based articles - would suggest finding a 'hanging space' for them on hangers, dry and occasionally give them an 'airing' -
:gayflag:

Ffs lads just take it off, (kebab, beer, jizz et al) , hand it to the missus. Job done. :D
Faggots!
:roll: :wink:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
:coffeespit: Before my time mate (thankfully)
As requested for your pleasure northbank123 :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Now THAT IS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

armchair wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Not a good idea - They crush & crease everything - even nylon based articles - would suggest finding a 'hanging space' for them on hangers, dry and occasionally give them an 'airing' -

Ffs lads just take it off, (kebab, beer, jizz et al) , hand it to the missus. Job done. :D
Faggots!
:roll: :wink:
Dunno why but everytime you post from now on mate - All I will see is Poker Night...with Walter Matthau :wink: :lol: