Old DVD's and Video's

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Old DVD's and Video's

Post by augie »

Being the contrary old f.ucker that I am ( :wink: ), I find myself totally disillusioned with the way football has been going for the decade or so. Of late I am finding myself looking back and yearning for dvd's of action from the 80's and 90's and am wondering if anybody on here knows of anywhere a man can source these items.
What really set this in motion was when I was reading a piece on francesco totti in last month's four four two magazine, and it get me remembering how good italian football was in the 90's when milan and parma had great teams - I would love to watch season reviews from serie A from those seasons and I would appreciate if anybody could point me in the right direction for these.
I also remember a stand that used to be outside Arsenal tube station that used to sell "pirate" Arsenal video's from the 70's, 80's and 90's and I bought several from them - I dont suppose the people concerned are still selling Arsenal video's or dvd's ??

Maybe I am a sad b*stard for wanting to look at these items again, but football matches nowadays all seem to be much of a muchness - in other words most matches are predictable (although not so much this season) in both the results and how the game plays out :roll: Football isnt meant to be that way imo and I would like to watch games where football fans can see the quality on offer themselves, instead of having some vanilla w*nker on sky hyping up some turgid shite :evil:

arseofacrow

Re: Old DVD's and Video's

Post by arseofacrow »

augie wrote:Being the contrary old f.ucker that I am ( :wink: ), I find myself totally disillusioned with the way football has been going for the decade or so. Of late I am finding myself looking back and yearning for dvd's of action from the 80's and 90's and am wondering if anybody on here knows of anywhere a man can source these items.
What really set this in motion was when I was reading a piece on francesco totti in last month's four four two magazine, and it get me remembering how good italian football was in the 90's when milan and parma had great teams - I would love to watch season reviews from serie A from those seasons and I would appreciate if anybody could point me in the right direction for these.
I also remember a stand that used to be outside Arsenal tube station that used to sell "pirate" Arsenal video's from the 70's, 80's and 90's and I bought several from them - I dont suppose the people concerned are still selling Arsenal video's or dvd's ??

Maybe I am a sad b*stard for wanting to look at these items again, but football matches nowadays all seem to be much of a muchness - in other words most matches are predictable (although not so much this season) in both the results and how the game plays out :roll: Football isnt meant to be that way imo and I would like to watch games where football fans can see the quality on offer themselves, instead of having some vanilla w*nker on sky hyping up some turgid shite :evil:
Most of this stuff is available on youtube augie.

:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

It's not the same though is it ? Again maybe it's an age thing (or maybe it is a broadband speed thing) but I prefer to sit down and watch a dvd knowing that if I have to leave it for a while, I can stop it and resume from the correct spot without having to leave it on pause for hours on end

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

PM'd

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Mate, search old football dvds in Google. There are plenty of resellers old games if you look in the right places. The "David Rocastle" channel on YouTube is good for AFC stuff

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

MODS!!!!! Basement this if you will :roll: :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:MODS!!!!! Basement this if you will :roll: :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

As augie is so old skool and a regular we'll let it sit here for a day or two. :wink:

Italian football in the 90's though? :shock: Fucking hell. Terrible stuff full of diving cheating bastards. If the PL (bad as it has gotten) ever gets THAT bad for the diving and feigning injury I'll stop watching tbh. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote: Of late I am finding myself looking back and yearning for dvd's of action from the 80's and 90's and am wondering if anybody on here knows of anywhere a man can source these items... ...hyping up some turgid shite :evil:
This is all I could see on the OP. Dirty augie. Dirty. Into the sheizer movies huh? Dirty. :o :(

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:MODS!!!!! Basement this if you will :roll: :wink: :lol:

As augie is so old skool and a regular we'll let it sit here for a day or two. :wink:

Italian football in the 90's though? :shock: Fucking hell. Terrible stuff full of diving cheating bastards. If the PL (bad as it has gotten) ever gets THAT bad for the diving and feigning injury I'll stop watching tbh. :|

Yeah not to worry - give it a day or so and the old duffer will have forgotten he even started the thread. :? :mrgreen: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Is this a football forum ? Yes it is. Is this a football subject ? Yes it is. As it is a football subject should it be here instead of the cannonballs ? Yes it should. Are DB10 and lefty two w*nkers who should stop sucking each others cock off ?? Leave that answer for ye to work out :wink: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:Being the contrary old f.ucker that I am ( :wink: ), I find myself totally disillusioned with the way football has been going for the decade or so. Of late I am finding myself looking back and yearning for dvd's of action from the 80's and 90's and am wondering if anybody on here knows of anywhere a man can source these items.

I transferred most of the videos I've got onto dvd a few years ago. You may find stuff on ebay. And no I'm not bootlegging and selling them on ebay just in case anyone thought I was trying to make a quick buck.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Is this a football forum ? Yes it is. Is this a football subject ? Yes it is. As it is a football subject should it be here instead of the cannonballs ? Yes it should. Are DB10 and lefty two w*nkers who should stop sucking each others cock off ?? Leave that answer for ye to work out :wink: :lol:
:lol:

Is this boring? YES it is :wink:

Should Augie be banned for a few days for homophobia? YES he should :lol:

Can Augie trade 3 goats (fully broken in by the way :shock: ) for a few VHS football tapes? Yes he can :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Can Augie trade 3 goats (fully broken in by the way :shock: ) for a few VHS football tapes? Yes he can :barscarf:

Bring it on bitch :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yup! Especially in Oirland. :mrgreen: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Bring it on bitch :lol: :lol:
:roll: F F S you can tell Augie is "old" - It is Beeeatch yer duffer ! :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :wink: :wink: