The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: EU referendum - how shit is this thread??

Post by nut flush gooner »

MrT wrote:
flash gunner wrote::fishing:

Too easy :lol:
This is what it's going to be like for the next few years. These bitter remainers foaming at the mouth at every single thing they perceive as negative to do with Brexit. They desperately want it to fail just to be able to smugly say, ''I told you so.''

Utter c*nts, the lot of them.
Really? It was scaremongering last year, now what was predicted is starting to happen, its "we want it to fail". Amazing how the Brexiteers just take the debate down a notch like it's a school playground argument.

Probably the most retarded post on the whole thread. Perhaps you should come out with something constructive rather than a bunch of expletives in reference to the best part of 15 million people.

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Anyway two days in first blows been thrown, we ask for trade deal to be negotiated at the same time as brexit processes. EU tells us to fuck off.
Not so cut and dried :? "The EU has outlined its strategy for Brexit negotiations, suggesting talks on a trade deal could begin once "sufficient progress" is made on a separation settlement with the UK." That didnt take long for the EU to change its tone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39453338
Fuck me are you really that deluded. Have you been watching the news, they are sharpening the knives already. Tusk has said that the UK need to honour all financial commitments, so when they send us a £50 billion bill, and we say fuck off but lets start negotiating a trade deal they will say ok then!

This is going to be a long drawn out process.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

God another 2 years of this shit!...
Luv the way Merkyl the Meercat is playing the long game, and they want €60m upfront before actual discussions....
Just shows how short of cash this club will become, as one of its largest contributors is about to leave...
Money for nothing and the chicks for free!.....

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Anyway two days in first blows been thrown, we ask for trade deal to be negotiated at the same time as brexit processes. EU tells us to fuck off.
Not so cut and dried :? "The EU has outlined its strategy for Brexit negotiations, suggesting talks on a trade deal could begin once "sufficient progress" is made on a separation settlement with the UK." That didnt take long for the EU to change its tone

Fuck me are you really that deluded. Have you been watching the news, they are sharpening the knives already. Tusk has said that the UK need to honour all financial commitments, so when they send us a £50 billion bill, and we say fuck off but lets start negotiating a trade deal they will say ok then!

:D So you agree their tone changed with about an hour of your post :oops:

Finally (underlined) you have said something thats not just predicted scaremongering and actually accurate

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

:D So you agree their tone changed with about an hour of your post :oops:

Finally (underlined) you have said something thats not just predicted scaremongering and actually accurate
No their tone hasn't changed at all. This is a prelude to some pretty spiky negotiations.

The one thing I do have confidence in, is TM to hold her own against the Europeans. But that doesn't mean the outcome will be satisfactory.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i dont even have any confidence in Theresa May - she and Wenger should get together.

they have both developed the art of talking a lot, but not actually saying ANYTHING worth saying :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

i dont even have any confidence in Theresa May

At least on this we can agree.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Will this end up as a longer thread than the Wenger thread- we need to be told :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That depends how long has TM been in politics? If it's 30 years or more - There's every chance this and the Wenger thread could go head to head.

There appear to be one or two on here who have something of a crush on TM :shock: Yeah I know....

So just for you: :wink:

http://www.tmay.co.uk/

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:I see we are back in charge of human rights and no longer under control of courts in Europe from 2019
The outcry about human rights is directed at the European Court of Human Rights - entirely separate from any EU institution.

Although leaving the EU (which has as an organisation acceded to the ECHR) does raise the possibility of the Tory dream of withdrawing from thE Convention.

Can't see that it is politically feasible to withdraw from an institution that even Russia and Turkey have signed up to be bound to - even though they only pay it lip service and simply ignore judgments they don't like.

For those of you that have complaints about the EU overreaching, the ECHR is ten times worse. Despite having a written codified constitution, ECHR judges claim that this is a "living" document and therefore just interpret the written provisions from the 1950s however they see fit in today's world.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Two years and counting to go for this thread and then probably another two whilst the recriminations are coming in.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

OneBardGooner wrote:That depends how long has TM been in politics? If it's 30 years or more - There's every chance this and the Wenger thread could go head to head.

There appear to be one or two on here who have something of a crush on TM :shock: Yeah I know....

So just for you: :wink:

http://www.tmay.co.uk/
Ooooh she's a doll :D

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

This thread is now way longer than the Desirable Ladies thread. Which seems totally wrong to me :?
The other thing that's wrong here is that words like "retarded" and "deluded" are being thrown around by a certain person. :roll:
Why anyone would think they could win argument by throwing in personal insults is beyond me.
I am personally well happy now Artical 50 is done and dusted. We move on from here. There are many encouraging signs now that the EU has softened its stance and realises that sensible arrangements have to be made for the mutual benefit of both sides. The UK economy is looking fine. We have the lowest unemployment rate for about forty years.
It would make perfect sense for Remoaners to swallow pride and get behind our four countries. We are where we are.
They just need to forgive all us Leave voters for being knuckle dragging xenophobic idiots who haven't got the sense to tie our own shoe laces. :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:This thread is now way longer than the Desirable Ladies thread. Which seems totally wrong to me :?
The other thing that's wrong here is that words like "retarded" and "deluded" are being thrown around by a certain person. :roll:
Why anyone would think they could win argument by throwing in personal insults is beyond me.
I am personally well happy now Artical 50 is done and dusted. We move on from here. There are many encouraging signs now that the EU has softened its stance and realises that sensible arrangements have to be made for the mutual benefit of both sides. The UK economy is looking fine. We have the lowest unemployment rate for about forty years.
It would make perfect sense for Remoaners to swallow pride and get behind our four countries. We are where we are.
They just need to forgive all us Leave voters for being knuckle dragging xenophobic idiots who haven't got the sense to tie our own shoe laces. :wink:
I respect your views Olgit but we obviously must read differing newspapers :D
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... eled-peace

just a reminder that the UK is doing fine now because we havent actually left the EU yet...
I was proud to vote Remain so that Britain would still retain power and influence in the world, whereas now we will have the EU telling us what to do.
Leavers still do not seem to understand that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:This thread is now way longer than the Desirable Ladies thread. Which seems totally wrong to me :?

Well, there are a lot of vaginas in both threads! :barscarf: :lol: :wink:

And you are forgiven. :D :wink: