The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

olgitgooner

Re: EU referendum - I told you so thread

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:I see that the EU are starting to get tough with the UK as I have predicted all along.

Just a question of how long it takes for the leavers to change their mind. I am sure most will as it becomes obvious how completely stuffed the UK is going to be.
All this about the "EU getting tough" is no more than a very predictable negotiation stance. The gravy faced idiots who run the EU will back down in due course. Any attempt to damage the UK is also an attempt to damage the EU. As has already been pointed out by European business leaders.

Your prediction about Leave voters changing their minds is just your opinion. I happen to think the opposite.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:I see that the EU are starting to get tough with the UK as I have predicted all along.

Just a question of how long it takes for the leavers to change their mind. I am sure most will as it becomes obvious how completely stuffed the UK is going to be.
All this about the "EU getting tough" is no more than a very predictable negotiation stance. The gravy faced idiots who run the EU will back down in due course. Any attempt to damage the UK is also an attempt to damage the EU. As has already been pointed out by European business leaders.

Your prediction about Leave voters changing their minds is just your opinion. I happen to think the opposite.
Ok :popcorn:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

:D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

A11M11 wrote:Still remains though as much as they wish to bully at the outset we still have a trade deficit where we sell less to them than they to us.
The value of trade to the UK and the rest of the EU—we exported about £230 billion worth of goods and services to the rest of the EU in 2015, according to UK data, while the rest of the EU exported somewhere around £290 billion to us. These figures differ if you use EU data. What this means is that the rest of the EU sells more to us than we sell to it.
Now bear in mind that some of the £230 billion goes through Rotterdam and counts in the figure although the goods are in fact going elsewhere and not staying in the E.U . So in fact the gap is wider.
The politicians can be as hard as they like , they can take their stance but as soon as their major businesses see things turning against them the attitude will change .
Don't panic chaps the negotiations are just beginning.
We are unique in the motor industry and VW , BMW , Mercedes, Opel , Renault , Citroen , Peugeot etc have special production lines specifically to cater for right hand drive cars , they will be loathe to close that business down , the waste of machinery and manpower will have a bad effect on all their bottom lines. Eventually they will bring pressure on their politicians to alter their stance.
It is a business deal if both parties wish it , there will be a settlement with give and take both ways. If one party doesn't wish to make compromise then we walk away and let those companies badly affected find away to retain their market shares.
Agree with that generally but we arent unique with Right hand drive- see the map- Japs India and Australia main areas but plenty of money in other blue areas, not least The West Indies

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Oh dear these negotiations have not started well.. £100 billion pound bill to leave :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:Oh dear these negotiations have not started well.. £100 billion pound bill to leave :lol:
oh dear

MrT

Post by MrT »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Oh dear these negotiations have not started well.. £100 billion pound bill to leave :lol:
oh dear
It says a lot that mouth breathers like Gunner Rob will happily side with the EU and their propaganda over their own country. They are actually happy that the EU are making unrealistic demands to try and score points.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

MrT wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
oh dear
It says a lot that mouth breathers like Gunner Rob will happily side with the EU and their propaganda over their own country. They are actually happy that the EU are making unrealistic demands to try and score points.
you not thought that the UK is being unrealistic?
I thought that the whole point of voting Brexit was wanting to be poorer. Now that you have got what you want you dont like it.
I wish you Brexiteers would make your mind up.

I am not siding with the EU at all - they are just saying what I thought they would, and why it was so moronic to vote LEAVE.
They are in charge now.

Herd

Post by Herd »

except they havent said it ~!

posturing

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Its all about negotiations Rob..... they start at 100 billion we start at nothing and we get somewhere in between. They need our money as much as we need anything of theirs.

Dont get all hysterical about every little new report, they only tell you what they want you to know anyway

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Its all about negotiations Rob..... they start at 100 billion we start at nothing and we get somewhere in between. They need our money as much as we need anything of theirs.

Dont get all hysterical about every little new report, they only tell you what they want you to know anyway

:lol: :lol: I thought that you leavers didnt want to pay anything?

when the figure was £50 billion you leavers were outraged.
now because the bill has gone up to £100 billion you suddenly think that £50 billion is an ok figure to pay :rubchin:

bottom line is this and you still haven't quite got it - we need them more than they need us

Herd

Post by Herd »

And dont u love it when remainers always make out that anyone who wanted Out isnt the full ticket or is a racis
t or both

MrT

Post by MrT »

Herd wrote:And dont u love it when remainers always make out that anyone who wanted Out isnt the full ticket or is a racis
t or both
This is why the people voted for Brexit and Trump was elected. The arrogant, sneering, condescension of the left has become unbearable for most.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

:lol: :lol: I thought that you leavers didnt want to pay anything?

when the figure was £50 billion you leavers were outraged.
now because the bill has gone up to £100 billion you suddenly think that £50 billion is an ok figure to pay :rubchin:

bottom line is this and you still haven't quite got it - we need them more than they need us
Who said im happy about anything youve mentioned?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

we need them more than they need us.

Really ?
That's the bit that I have never seen satisfactorily substantiated.

We have a trade deficit with them , i.e We buy more than we sell so financially they will be worse off, not to mention when we stop filling their bank account they will be short of a lot of cash which a number of the receivers will not be prepared or even able to make up.
Sorry I can't see it.