The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Allgunsblazin

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Allgunsblazin »

:roll:

You remoaners can build that wall in Ireland..... :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:17 am
:roll:

You remoaners can build that wall in Ireland..... :lol:
isn't that something that you leavers have got to do? :D
another thing about Brexit that you forgot about :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

great start to give the EU £50 billion euros just to start talking to them :lol:

Any decent negotiator should have that subject to the result of the talks , but when you have people leading the talks that don't have their hearts in it as we have , you have a problem.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 pm
great start to give the EU £50 billion euros just to start talking to them :lol:

Any decent negotiator should have that subject to the result of the talks , but when you have people leading the talks that don't have their hearts in it as we have , you have a problem.
you Brexiteers still don't get it.
it doesn't matter who is negotiating for us (ok I admit Mrs Mayhem is a disaster, but I doubt Corbyn would do any better) the bottom line is that the EU hold all the cards in any negotiation.

as I have said on many occasions on here we need them far more than they need us.
and whilst we were a big player as part of the EU, once we are out of it then the EU will be telling us what to do far more than when we were in it.

taking back control :lol: :lol:
total and utter stupid delusion :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm
A11M11 wrote:

it doesn't matter who is negotiating for us (ok I admit Mrs Mayhem is a disaster, but I doubt Corbyn would do any better) the bottom line is that the EU hold all the cards in any negotiation.

as I have said on many occasions on here we need them far more than they need us.
and whilst we were a big player as part of the EU, once we are out of it then the EU will be telling us what to do far more than when we were in it.

Short term pain, long term pain 8) :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:07 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

thats it :D
unfortuantely Brexiteers thought that it was long term GAIN instead of pain :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 am
Best we have a word with Carney and his mates to start getting positive and reverse their strategy and raise the value of the pound again.
Good for the final bill and good for all the people that wish to take their holidays in Europe.
Being "positive" doesn't raise the value of the pound. If you want that to happen Carney has to increase interest rates. Happy paying more interest on your mortgage/debts?

I am not sure what the value of the pound has to do with the final bill. Boris Johnson said the Europeans can go whistle. Quite an expensive whistle if you ask me.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Flash, where you responsible for the change in thread name? Because with your naff jokes you have bastardised the thread on what is a really serious subject.

I care about the future of my country. I don't have a lot of time for people who openly admit to voting Brexit, but didn't have a clue what they where doing then don't take the consequences seriously.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Jam tomorrow and none for you remoaners.... :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I am not sure what the value of the pound has to do with the final bill.

The bill is in Euros , 40 divided by 1.12 = £35.71 however 40 divided by 1.25 = £ 32.00 bit cheaper.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:49 pm
I am not sure what the value of the pound has to do with the final bill.

The bill is in Euros , 40 divided by 1.12 = £35.71 however 40 divided by 1.25 = £ 32.00 bit cheaper.
I don’t care whether it is 30 or 50 billion - either figure is huge!
Last week in the Budget the Chancellor said that the NHS would get less than 3 billion, yet here we are a week later and at least 10 times that amount is going to be found to give to the EU!!!

And what are we getting in return - NOTHING

The backlash against Brexiteers in this country like you is going to be brutal :box:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The baccklash against brexiteers ?
If you could take a poll of most of them you would find that they are totally against paying anything. Most would walk away trade on WTO terms and pay nothing. It's the incompetents that have bought us here and the people that have undermined and put obstacles in the way of any unified progress.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:45 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Flash, where you responsible for the change in thread name? Because with your naff jokes you have bastardised the thread on what is a really serious subject.

I care about the future of my country. I don't have a lot of time for people who openly admit to voting Brexit, but didn't have a clue what they where doing then don't take the consequences seriously.
Get down off your pedestal there, mate. I changed it months ago. The title very accurately reflects the thread. :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 pm
The baccklash against brexiteers ?
If you could take a poll of most of them you would find that they are totally against paying anything. Most would walk away trade on WTO terms and pay nothing. It's the incompetents that have bought us here and the people that have undermined and put obstacles in the way of any unified progress.
the thing is I don't think we should pay a penny to the EU and neither do you and the majority of your fellow Brexiteers.
However we will if the government persists with Brexit. Leaving on WTO terms is a non starter that most Brexiteers do not understand. The UK would not survive this option and no government would be stupid enough to allow it.

So for Brexit to happen the UK has to pay and so I take it that you would accept this ?
I wouldn't and that is the difference. That is why there will be a backlash against Brexiteers.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:45 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

mate this is a football forum, even as a football forum it rarely takes anything seriously. If you think this is bad you would have struggled during the heyday of the forum!!!!

If you want to seriously debate Brexit go to a political forum because you wont get much sensible debate here and some might say neither should it